Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > Carden Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Quick Release canopy for Carden 35% Extra

Notices
Carden Aircraft Post threads here related to the Carden Aircraft line

Quick Release canopy for Carden 35% Extra

Old 04-18-2007, 05:07 AM
TommyWatson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Release canopy for Carden 35% Extra

I am just about to finish the canopy of my 35% carden Extra. i want to make the canopy "quick release", with some kind of hatch latch. Has anyone done this and if so how?. I thought I might use BVM Hatch Latch or similar, one on each side with the pins going rearward into the fuse and the levers out through the side.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards

Old 04-18-2007, 08:01 AM
PJFaller

Default RE: Quick Release canopy for Carden 35% Extra

There is a quick release latch made by graupner I think. It is a larger latch that is used on the comp-arf eurofighter. It works great. pins along the side rails and pins in the frint and then one of these on the top of the canopy going into the turtledeck would work great. I have always thought of doing it but I have not tried it yet.

Pete
Old 04-19-2007, 08:04 AM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Quick Release canopy for Carden 35% Extra

I did it on a 35% 330 I built a few years back. I used the graupner hatch latches mentioned above...bought them from hobby lobby. I glued the latches to the side rails of the hatch, with the lever sticking through the rail...glued in some hardwood blocks in the turtle deck to mesh with the latch pins in the hatch. The front of the hatch has a couple of dowls that key into the front of the fuse like normal.

I flew the crap out of that plane before I sold it and never had a problem with the hatch...could pop it on and off in just a couple of seconds....worked great! I haven't done it on anything since, but really wish I had.