Notices
Carden Aircraft Post threads here related to the Carden Aircraft line

Cuda IMAC legal?

Old 10-03-2007, 11:16 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cuda IMAC legal?

I've gotten interested in IMAC after attending a recent contest. Saw lots of Cardens. I've built numerous 90 size kits over the years and am interested in building one of the Cudas to get a feel for the Carden kits. I've been checking out the various build threads. I know the Cuda would be ok for the Basic class, but am wondering if it would be legal for the Sportsman class as well? I see there is also a CAP 232 in the 50cc size, but don't find much other info on it.

Best Regards, Jim
Old 10-03-2007, 11:21 AM
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: Cuda IMAC legal?

Jim,

I'm in the same position your in, would like to try the IMAC Flying real bad. I was told the CUDA would only work for the Basic Class, based on non-scale. The Plane is more then capable for Sportsman. Wayne and a couple of the other Pilots (@ TAS) could shed more light on the subject.

Ward
Old 10-03-2007, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the reply, Ward. That's what I was afraid of, but I may build it anyway. I could compete in Basic and practice Sportsman. By the time I got good enough to compete in Sportsman I'd probably have it worn out anyway. LOL Good time to build a bigger plane.

I checked out the pics of your new Cuda. I own a Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic so loved the color scheme. In fact if I build one I may end up with the twin to yours! LOL

Jim
Old 10-03-2007, 01:56 PM

Hi guys,

The cuda is only good for basic, anything over basic would require a scale aerobatic airplane. I've built every carden kit except the cap and they are all awesome kits, in fact I just started on a cuda for my eight year old son. If you decide to go with the cuda and have any questions shoot mean e-mail and or check some of the cuda built threads here on rcu.

Albert