Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > Carden Aircraft
Reload this Page >

35% Carden Extra 300 Midwing...What do you guys think?

Community
Search
Notices
Carden Aircraft Post threads here related to the Carden Aircraft line

35% Carden Extra 300 Midwing...What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Neilbo4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35% Carden Extra 300 Midwing...What do you guys think?

Hey Guys,

I have always wanted a Carden Extra 300 but I have never had the space or the wallet for a 40% Bird. So I have been looking through the threads as well as talknig to Mrs. Caroline over at Carden and I been seriously considering getting the 35% Extra 330 with Extra 260 Wings, Motorbox, and landing gear making an Exta 300. Now my question is what do they do about the Canopy? Reason I ask is part of the reason that I like the Extra 300 so much is the bigger canopy compared to the Extra 260's. But since Mr. Dennis only produces a 40% Extra 300 he doesn't have a definite 35% 300 Canopy. So do they just use the 330 Canopy?

Also, I was hoping to hear from anyone who happens to have done this before, as to how well it flys compared to the 260's.

Thanks,

Neil
Old 08-16-2008, 04:25 PM
zzw26n
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: 35% Carden Extra 300 Midwing...What do you guys think?

Carden put the same Kit together for me earlier this year, 330 Fuse with a 260 Motor Box. Gives you a 300 Mid-Wing set-up, except the Canopy. I have the 330Extra, Canopy is pretty big and appears bigger then the 260, I thought it would be just fine. It's my next project for this Fall.

Ward
Old 08-17-2008, 07:49 AM
lazy eight
My Feedback: (389)

Default RE: 35% Carden Extra 300 Midwing...What do you guys think?

We have one of these planes at our club. It was built by Eric Watz. The plane flys vary nice rolls are axial and crisp. No coupling in Knife edge. You can see a picture of it in R/C Report magazine in the Watz scale colum. Eric built it with direct drive servos all the way around. Each flight control surface has One JR 8711 on it and it will do a Knife edge loop with ease. I have the 40% Carden Extra 260 and they both fly vary much the same. Point and shoot airplane's but both will do 3D and are vary quick to respond in a hover you have to stay right on top of it all the time. The only thing the 300's big canope does is give it more side surface area. With the 330 mid wing you get a big 330 rudder and the 260 center wing mounting. Its a great combination and you can allway add more rudder when building the plane we allways add about one inch to most the planes when building them.