Notices
Cars & Trucks - Full Scale Discuss full scale cars & trucks here

ntercooler sprayer or "fogger"

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 07:51 PM
gs-stormracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ntercooler sprayer or "fogger"

What is the difference between the ntercooler sparyer and just a regular nos system?
I have a turbo on my civic and im thinking about getting one so i was just woundering.
And which one is better?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: ntercooler sprayer or "fogger"

Hey turbo civic huh??? cool. how mush boost??

I'm a turbo guy my self. The regular NOS system just has an injector that you drill and tap infront of the turbo because if you already have a turbo then the NOS will just spool the turbo up faster, really no Hp gains but it reduces turbo lag. From the way i understand it is that the intercooler version just taps in after the turbo that way the NOS is then intercooled then just goes.

Does your car really have a big turbo lag problem or do you just want the power faster???

I'm a Mkiii Supra guy. I'm only 15 but i have been into turbo cars for about 2 years and my cousin has a 87' Mkiii Supra with a CT-26 in it at about 18psi. When i get my Mkiii i'm going to put the same, CT-26 but since i live at a much higher altitude than him i'll be able to run more boost. Not sure how much let though.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:28 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An NOS system sprays into your motor and the other cools your intercooler. You have an intercooler right?

I am a big believer in putting nitrous in the motor (where it belongs) and also believe a properly setup turbo car does not need N2O.

Most people I know that put the hose on a motor that has not been built for it, AKA your Honda motor, end up blowing them up.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:11 AM
gs-stormracer

yes i have a intercooler. and im running at about 7psi i just gotten it last month
With blow off valve turbo timer and al the works.
So i just was just looking at the ntercooler sprayer on on all the show cars and i was just woundering what they were for.

here is the site that i got the turbo.
www.vecco.com
Old 03-11-2005, 09:30 AM
DebianDog

7 lbs? LOL

My stock Neon runs 15 lbs of boost...

and I run a 125 shot of nitrous in my Trans-Am

Do you want a show car or race car?
Old 03-11-2005, 03:37 PM
gs-stormracer

its not tuned in all the way! im going to run it about 10 to 15 when ever i get it finished
Old 03-11-2005, 04:03 PM
DebianDog

Yep tuning is a pain, then traction issues, etc.. etc... Right now the T/A is running low 11's, reliably, with about 6k into it. I could probably run 10's with a few tweaks/upgrades but I am getting tired of pumping $$$ in to it for 1/10s of seconds. I started to mod the Skittle but stopped... in time. High 13's at 100+ MPH is fine for a daily driver 4 banger.

and people think R/C cars are expensive. [:-]

[link=http://danslagle.com/data/movies/TA%20May%202004.mov]Here is a video (on and off nitrous) if you are bored[/link]
Old 03-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Fletch124

what you guys should think about doing is shimming up the wastegate, this makes the turbo think that its not producing enough boost so then in turn it creates about twice as much boost about from stock. Don't turn up the boost to much or else the air/fuel mix will get bad and you will detonate the turbo. Seen it happen. And i hope that when you installed the turbo you completely redid the air/fuel because i've heard a whole bunch of storys were guys will just bolt on the turbo then about 2-4 weeks later they have a blown motor and turbo.
Ohh yeah and all turbo cars have a BOV. If you didnt get the BOV then you would find your self in a small case of the "run away turbo"
Old 03-15-2005, 07:07 PM
dubyarexessteeI

creates about twice as much boost about from stock
Hey lets all blow are valves, sounds like a great idea!

might not want to take his advice
Old 03-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Fletch124

ORIGINAL: dubyarexessteeI

creates about twice as much boost about from stock
Hey lets all blow are valves, sounds like a great idea!

might not want to take his advice

I'm serious dude it works, me and my cousin did it on his CT-26 for his Supra. Works!!! I mean like if you just install the turbo, and lets say that it makes 6psi, if you shim up the wastegate you will make about 10psi, and you spent less than dollar and it took only 3 hours to do. Sounds pretty good to me!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 03:34 AM
nitroussavage

how much horsepower is ur civic
Old 03-16-2005, 05:49 AM
DebianDog

Turbocharge a V-8 it is a lot more fun. My buddy Dave is getting like 800+ HP

[link=http://home.comcast.net/~deezuns/MM836.wmv]Here is his last dyno[/link]

I think I only had 445 HP that day.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:13 PM
nitroussavage

i have a sb 360 mopar and a hemi i twin turbocharged each the hemi runs at 1800 hp with other mods to it aluminum heads the 360 does 800 w no mods bone stock
Old 03-16-2005, 02:16 PM
DebianDog

I seriously doubt you drive it to work eveyday like he does. It is his only car
Old 03-16-2005, 07:47 PM
gs-stormracer

my civic now has around 400 hp
I have apexi exhaust
vecco turbo(STAGE 2) -bov-intercooler-soon to get a interer sprayerstage
full body kit carbon fiber wing-hood
neons -jl audio w7 subs
enkei rims
aem brakes-intake
ground control shocks
front and back strut bars
Soon to get painted bright orange
Old 03-16-2005, 07:56 PM
DebianDog

my civic now has around 400 hp
LOL where is the BS flag on this board Are you F'N kiddin' me?! 7 PSI and 400 hp on a 130 HP motor? WHOOO you're funny man...

I'm out!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Fletch124

I have only seen one STREET LEGAL 400hp civic and that was in Turbo Magazine. And there is no way that you could get 400hp from 7psi.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:58 AM
gs-stormracer

its changeable from 4 to 40 psi i never said it is still at 7 psi i had it professionaly put in and tuned! its has around 350 to 400 i dont know the exact hp

AND IF U DIDNT READ THE RED PARAGRAPH AND THE BOTTEM OF THE PAGE
Old 03-17-2005, 08:11 AM
gs-stormracer

i mean 4-20 psi
Old 03-17-2005, 08:16 AM
DebianDog

I told myself I was not going to post but

You are full of Total B.S. and have no clue

1. If you know anything you would have called BS on the other idiot that posted
2. Unless you have built your motor i.e. heads, forged pistons, etc. you will be HARD PRESSED to run anywhere near 20 PSI
3. If you run anywhere above 25 PSI you need to run the equivalent of jet fuel or have some type of octane injection system
4. If you had it professionally tuned you would know the EXACT HP and torque curve
5. You need to read the bottom of the page *Upgraded Internals highly recommended* to run 350-400 HP you need to turn the boost up to about 35 PSI. (Please do this and make a video of it - I would love to watch you motor splash)

You a typical dumb ***** ricer with neon and speakers. Period. Your car will be lucky if it puts down 250 HP and holds together till the summer. I see you morons all the time at the track. Usually once!

O.K. NOW I am done
Old 03-17-2005, 01:49 PM
nitroussavage

this mother#$%&^%$ how the hell did u get 400 hp out of that man ur funny wow u must have a lot of money cause a turbo runs about 2-3 grand the w7s u clame u have run 900$ each fuk
get out of the honda and get a real car. plus 4oo hp on a stock engine just exhaust and probably intake.u have no clue what ur doing. my car does drive around and to work and back and it is computer driven turbo where i can add turbo lag or tak it off its a great and economical way . yes its a gas guzzler but when i race i get my money back and some. i raced a nitrous fed hond civic si w/ twin turbos intercooled i mean decked out i took him in my 68 cuda his girlfriend was in the car and boy was he imbarrased i want to put a blower on my car and use the turbos on my lil 360 but have no where that sells hemi superchargers got any answers justtell me thanx
Old 03-18-2005, 04:25 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

the mods he's done to his RC car just tell you what matters...radio and looks:P
i don't see a good engine in his sig, lol.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:22 AM
gs-stormracer

Yeh looks is somethin but the engine i have in my rc buggy is fine its fast and reliable, And the w7 run about 500 dollars at my local audio store (audio-excellence) i dont have to prove yall anything, my car is fast and on the the site i got my turbo it says 100-400 hp gain im not saying it has 400 hp but its got alot, and some places the w7 run about 900-1200 dollars but they are trying to rip u off.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:08 PM
nitroussavage

hondas are gay get a real car not a lawn mower
Old 10-23-2005, 02:37 PM
gotime242

Lmao this thread was a good laugh. I know im comming in here like a half a year late but OMG i cant resist.

Fletch124 - I have never seen anyone be so wrong about a subject. Please please please stop giving out advice. Here are some points:

- A nitrous fogger will inject nitrous into your intake, period. This is what the hp gain is from, the extra hp gain gives your more exhaust energy which in turn spools your turbo quicker. Nitrous is 1/3 percent oxygen when atmospheric air is only just over 20 % (21-22). When nitrous enters your combustion chamber it basically allows you to have more oxygen the same space as before. This allows you to burn more fuel and still have proper ratios, which leads to a more powerful combustion which turns into more power.
- A "ntercooler" will simply spray your intercooler with nitrous or co2 (both very cold) and cool it down more than what the air is capable of doing. Its completely external.

-You do not "shim up the wastegate". Its called a boost controller. You control the air/vac line that goes to the wastegate actuator in order to precisely control the boost level. If you just double it you will surely cause damage.

-If you spent 3 hrs to increase your boost to 10psi then you wasted your time. Boost controllers (the proper way to do it) take 10 min to install.

-You do not detonate a turbo. You have not seen it because it does not happen. You detonate the ENGINE from improper a/f ratios.

-Most stock cars have BPV's not BOV's. (Bypass valve, it recirculates the air). BOV's are generally an aftermarket product. And not ALL cars have them. Some older stock turbo cars did not use a bpv/bov OR intercooler.

gs-stormracer - You do not have 400 hp. I would put down money that you are not even over half that (200). My estimates would say your probably seeing 170-180. You need to start getting dynoed and actually going to the 1/4 track before shooting our numbers like that.

Like i said im like 8 months late on this thread, but after i saw it i couldnt go on with no one correcting Mr. Fletch. Ill sleep better tonight knowing he now has somewhat of a clue about what he said....that is if anyone ever reads this again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.