Notices
Cars & Trucks - Full Scale Discuss full scale cars & trucks here

sleeve from block

Old 08-06-2008, 12:49 PM
burningpoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sleeve from block

Does anyone know the easest way to get the sleeves from the block on the aluminum 2.7 v6 in my intrepid.

thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 PM
nitrohog

Default RE: sleeve from block

They are cast in, no way to remove them without damaging the block. You will either have to bore and hone it or buy a 3.2 or 3.5 and replace it, I wouldn't bother with the 2.7.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:04 AM
burningpoo

I left out the part that counts. I'm scraping the car and since the price drops every day, and aluminum is holding strong, I'm looking to get every penny. I'm also parting out all the good stuff hopeing that will pay for camping this weekend.

My idea so far is to cut 3 slits in each sleeve and bang them out, using a wedge or whatever comes to mind from the blood lose

Between the kitten we just got and working on that no room having sharp everything POS I have my hands look sweet, that kitten really kicked my butt.

Any other or better ideas are welcome

Thanks again
Old 08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
nitrohog

Just turn it in as is. Or you could throw it up on ebay to see what you can get out of it. If your parting your trep I might be interested in a few things if they're in good condition, like a master window switch if your auto down works.