Notices
Cars & Trucks - Full Scale Discuss full scale cars & trucks here

BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires

Old 01-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Mekong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires

I am considering getting these for my V8 4x4 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have a 2" lift and am looking at 255/70R16 or around that size.

How do these tires handle on road however? This car is my daily driver and its at least an hour + to any good off-roading.

I heard that Mud Terrain tires suck on road in the rain and in the snow. Is this true?

Currently I am running Goodyear Wrangler SR-A 245/70R16 on the jeep and they have been okay, not great how ever. I am looking for something that would be better for trail rides, but still have the on-road handling that I have come to expect from the current tires I have.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:42 AM
nitrohog

Default RE: BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires

They'll do fine, IIRC they are radials so the ride and wear shouldn't be too bad either. My only question is why you want to use such small tires? You have a small lift, you might as well fill the wheel wells.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Mekong

I would need to trim the bumper and some of the wheel well to fit larger tires with out rubbing according to:

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/susp/WJlift/

I am considering waiting on getting tires till I can save up to also get icelandoffroad's fender flares, then I could fit something bigger.

http://www.icelandoffroad.com/Wjfenderflares.html

The car is my daily driver as I mentioned so it needs to still be road worthy
Old 01-14-2009, 12:13 AM
nitrohog

ORIGINAL: Mekong
I am considering waiting on getting tires till I can save up to also get icelandoffroad's fender flares, then I could fit something bigger.

http://www.icelandoffroad.com/Wjfenderflares.html

The car is my daily driver as I mentioned so it needs to still be road worthy
I would wait, you're not going to be happy with the looks or ground clearance of tires that small. As far as daily driving it, I really wouldn't worry about it. They are going to be noisy but will handle about like any other radial. I have a friend that daily drove a Toyota 4runner on 36" Irocs and he drove it 250 miles one way to go wheeling and then drove it back. The Irocs where bias ply tires and wore very fast but the thing didn't drive half bad.