Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
 How to get the spur gears off the main shaft? >

How to get the spur gears off the main shaft?

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

How to get the spur gears off the main shaft?

Old 01-28-2005, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get the spur gears off the main shaft?

How do I get the spur gears off? Do I take off the bevel gear? Do I remove the clutch?
Old 01-29-2005, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to get the spur gears off the main shaft?

the spur gears are held on by set screws and a snap ring.... just be careful when separating the gears so you don't break anything...
Old 01-29-2005, 06:03 PM

Suppose I were to find or get a metal spur gear manufactured. What would be the next weak link? Anyone tried it?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:00 PM

indeed they have! i have one of the copper gears here (47T), that were advertised on here a bit back - the guy i got it from has been running his for ages with only the usual diffcup n driveshaft probs. i speak to him on msn, but he is icelandic, his english aint too good!

i havent tried the copper gear yet - yes its heavy - as i run a 42/38 setup in the rally, but i will be trying it on the mt setup, if it ever arrives....

his cen mt is well modified, extended chassis, tmaxx shell, twin steering servos, tmaxx wheels etc etc

i can ask him any questions u may have, the next time he is on, if u like.

doh, forgot - the genesis 43 tooth steel spur allegedly fits the alloy 2nd gear hub for the funfactor/gx1 etc, so it should fit the alloy first gear hub too. the copper 47t i have is a copy of the red gear tho, not sure if i can get it to work with the alloy 2nd gear hub...
Old 01-30-2005, 12:12 PM

I have to say, that snap ring was a pain in the *$& to get off. I finally got those gears replaced. Now I just have to get my throttle servo replaced. It twitches a lot. Hopefully CEN will warranty replace it.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:57 PM

its a right nightmare getting that clip off mate! circlips pliers are the way to go, or prepare urself for a few cuts, pokes and skin trappings!!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:44 PM

Amen... I had to replace my 47t Spur gear for the first time and it actually cut the metal on the one-way bearing. Too much Guiness when they designed that one... BRILLIANT!

ORIGINAL: poor judgement
its a right nightmare getting that clip off mate! circlips pliers are the way to go, or prepare urself for a few cuts, pokes and skin trappings!!
Old 02-26-2006, 06:40 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I've got all the parts i think I'll need to install the genesis spurs on my FF on the way form toyhaus. Worth a try anyway. Last time i changed a spur i couldn't find my snap ring pliers so there i was working on it with 2 90 degree pics for like 15 mins lol.

PJ, Got any pics of that guys FF per chance? Dual steering servos... hmmm. How would you do that?
Might be worth a try as ai have about 3 or 4 stock maxx and cen servos layin around.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:53 PM

I'm khantemplating just leaving it out.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:13 PM

no pics - sorry, he extended the chassis in the fuel tank area by about 2 inches, moved the tank towards the back and put a 2nd servo where the tank usually sits, opposite the regular steering servo. he changed it back iirc, to just the one servo.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:50 PM

How did he control the steering? Did he just splice the wires together so they were both controlled from one wheel?

ORIGINAL: poor judgement
no pics - sorry, he extended the chassis in the fuel tank area by about 2 inches, moved the tank towards the back and put a 2nd servo where the tank usually sits, opposite the regular steering servo. he changed it back iirc, to just the one servo.