Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

cen ct4s (how can i make it go faster - Acceleration!!!)

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

cen ct4s (how can i make it go faster - Acceleration!!!)

Old 07-17-2005, 08:22 AM
bmauney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cen ct4s (how can i make it go faster - Acceleration!!!)

Mostly everyone recommend 20% but the current new motors are built to run 30% they have been engineered with thicker gold shims around the head just for this. I use to run 20% when I first got the car a year ago until they change in the gold shims. If you going to run 30% it's best to break it in with 30% wouldn't recommend going from a 20% to a 30% with changing the gold shim out and even then you will have to go through the break-in process all over again.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:04 AM
PAUL23267

i was wanting more low end myself but did not want to loose top speed,so i bought an o.s.18 tz(p)turbo-$179with an o.s.pipe t-1040-$69 ,and left the drivetrain alone.my low-end is sick i can make the car spin like a top! i only have about 150 ft of road between speed bumps where i live and my venom speed meter clocked it at 79mph with no more road left!!! i have yet reached top speed but my freind has about 400ft of road and im bringing it there this weekend,ill get back with u guys and let u know what i got out of it.only one problem,theres so much torqe i keep breaking the clutch spring,so i ordered the centri-clutch tonight.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:24 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Sweet bro, let us know how it runs....i am looking into a CT4s, SWEET!!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 06:37 AM
bmauney

I suggest getting the Mugen Centex Clutch from ToyHaus.com that clutch is a little better then CENS. I have them both and haven't had god luck with the Centriforce
Old 07-27-2005, 11:19 AM
bradycaulracing
My Feedback: (1)

where can you buy parts like pinion gears for the CEN CT4-S i mightr tget 1
Old 07-27-2005, 09:09 PM
bmauney

the best and fastest place to get parts www.toyhaus.com you can even call there ask for Sean he will help you out. Great guy
Old 08-12-2005, 12:04 AM
vanhela

Cen Help
I ordered my new Cen G84303 Assist Clutch and I asked the supplier in my email will this new clutch fit my NX-15 and he said yes and sent and charged me. Well I have it and it doesn’t fit the NX-15 as the hole in fly weals to small and the nuts miles off with different thread and size but the rest looks ok. I rang supplier up and he was unaware that the clutch would not fit and was going to source a replacement fly weal to match motor.
I would like to know has any one ells come across this and are these parts going to fix my problem as I don’t think the supplier knows. Also I the nut inside the clutch would have to be changed as well that’s my gees.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:33 PM
bmauney

as I mentioned earlier call or e-mail Sean at toyhaus.com he is the man. he told me to get the Mugen clutch and I did and it fit perfect and runs like a charm.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:06 PM
vanhela

yeer i would but im in new zealand and my nearist cen supplier is Australia and fright still takes 7 working days
Old 08-13-2005, 02:30 PM
bmauney

well go to mugen racing @ http://www.mugenracing.com/ they will ship one to you or tell you where in New Zealand who ship there.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:37 PM
kompleks

I dont even use an exaust i put a huge piece of silicon tubing and stuck it where the old exaust was.. that thing is deff faster and it screams!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 05:25 PM
twoviper8

i am also a truck person but all i do is go on the street so i want to get the CT4S is it a good car also my road is a little bumpy is that ok, if it isn't can i put bigger wheels on the cen
Old 11-08-2005, 06:09 PM
bmauney

I would only run on-road cras on smooth surface
Old 11-12-2005, 01:28 PM
twoviper8

can i make a rally car out of a cen ct4s if not what is the best nitro rally car
Old 11-12-2005, 04:09 PM
poor judgement

Old 11-18-2005, 03:25 AM
vanhela

Hi-ya since no body has replied with an answer to your question here ya go
Not unless there’s no dirt, sand, stones, bumps, jumps. There for No u can not rally this car Cen dus a rally car that’s made for all this.
I have changed from the cen on road car due to it blows loads of belts in perfect road conditions costing $$$. I sold my ct4s and got me a CD3 with drive shafts. The down side to the RTR CD3 car was its lemon engine force 15. the Standard NX 15 engine by CEN Slaughter’s it. But once I put a RR12 L3 Novarossi in now it’s a rocket that has had 16 set’s of foam racing tire’s and no faults what so ever. By now with this engine the ct4s I would be changing belts more then the tire’s, and it was not just my car as there were 4 more ct4s at the track that all had the belt blowing problem. I think that the car is a straight line car that only likes the rubber tire’s allowing slip in the tire’s to stop over loading of the drive train.
http://www.ozshops.com/cgi-bin/RT_Re...cation=hongnor for a look at the CD3
Cheers Peace Out
Old 11-18-2005, 08:25 AM
bmauney

I have had my CT4 for 2 years and can count on one hand how many times I have had to change my belts. Most of the time I had to change my belts because it was my fault the other times was because a rock or something got in it. If all your pulleys are turning smoothly and you have your tensionor on correctly you shouldn't have had any problems.

I'm running .12 Paris Novarossi motor on my CT4 and I'm rolling. I clocked myself at around 62 mph. I switched the CEN 15 out because it needs a lot of room to get to 70moh and that doesn't help me when I'm drag racing against my friends.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:01 AM
dmfeeley

A caveat of the CT045 kit is it was so tight, it wore a pulley completely smooth and also chewed up the related belt. I'm going back to the original setup.

FWIW, if you drive it hard, you will pay to own a CT4S, around a year after purchase, I have over $1000 in mine now from all the crashes, self-destructing parts and shipping costs... My buddy with a Kyosho, has never had ANY problems with his at all, 'cept of course of a handfull of crashes he caused himself. Compared to his mine feels like a tortise.

I will never buy a CEN car again. Look for something with driveshafts instead of those awful belts.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Timmahh
Banned

so far im in just over a gallon on my NX 15 in my CT5, and its been a breeze to tune so far, never seen it hotter than 249 after screaming around on wot for longer than i should be. so far so good. the unfortunate part, is most places to race are a ways away, and i have yet to get to one with it and no one else i know locally has an onroad that i have found. so i have nothing to compare it too.
it is a bit slower off the line than i would like with the track belts and gears, but other than servos and rx, its pretty damn fast for stock. i may start modding it after i get to a few races to test me skillz! i have a few picco 21s or a HB 26 i could try to sneak in. wonder how the cat that put the 28 into his has come along. last i knew he pulled the 28 and went to a 25 turbo i think, but cant remember for sure. havent seen a post in about a month maybe.
Timmahh
Old 10-31-2008, 02:24 AM
neilspires

Ok so which is better a .12 or a .21? What about the CEN alum flywheel?I have it and im not shure what the applications for it are.I have mine setup to do drifting and bashing since there are no tracks anywhere near me.I need alot of low end punch to break the tires quick and i need the power to keep them spinning.Was the racing flywheel a no-no for drifting since I lost that momentum?Ive got the nx-15 right now and I took it apart and smoothed the sleeve inlets on intake and boost,sharpened con rod (shaped like a symetrical wing now)and cleaned up the crankshaft port (on the shaft side).I also ground a hook on the end face of the crankshaft to kick up more air/fuel.All of these mods were polished with rubbing compound to a mirror shine and done VERY carefully.The engine seems to run alot better since the mods but its still not enough for me as it seems to bog down on the low speed.Maybe I just need to play with it?What about the .12s?
Old 10-31-2008, 10:31 AM
poor judgement

Id go for a high revving (probably OS) .12 or the old favourite, the OS .18 cvrx I think it was, with lots of torque and reasonable revs. A .21 may well be a bit much for the belt drive and give you too many wear issues. I guess it depends on just how sympathetic you are with the throttle though. But personally, Id go for a decent .12, or wait for more opinions.

Oh - a lightened flywheel should help the throttle pick up quicker, thereby helping you spin the wheels easier, just watch for any idleing issues. You seem to know what youre doing, so I could well be stating the obvious there though.

ps - Hi to the gang.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:35 PM
neilspires

Yeah you can definately tell that the throttle response is much faster,and yes its giving me some idle issues.So you think .12 huh?I always wondered why racers used them i guess for the acceleration on short tracks and because of some circuits rules.Has anyone tried the titanium shafts yet?They seem awfully expensive.Oh yeah thanks!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
neilspires

One thing I did for free was to take my NX-15 apart and totally work it over.I smoothed the intake and boost ports on the sleeve,knike-edged and polished the connecting rod,opened up and curved the crank shaft tunnel exit and put a ''hook'' on the entrance and then I polished that.After these mods it not only screams but its easier to start and it sounds way better(but I have the pipe).That and the comp drive train kit were enough to make mine fly.I realize tearing into a perfectly good if not precious engine isnt for everyone but I was a total novice when I did mine but I was REALLY carefull and steady and it turned out flawless.Anyway does anyone have a .12 on a CT4? I just bought a 5 port team infinity .12 but I probly wont put it in for a while and im anxious!