Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

cen ct4s (how can i make it go faster - Acceleration!!!)

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

cen ct4s (how can i make it go faster - Acceleration!!!)

Old 06-02-2005, 07:41 PM
nas556

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cen ct4s (how can i make it go faster - Acceleration!!!)

Hi, i've got a ct4s and was just wandering how i could make it go faster?? I know about the cen race spec drivetrain, but what else may help? I'm thinking of buying the 2.5 turbo engine and wanted to know what speed it is capable of. (ofcourse cen racing will say to go for this engine, but is there a better engine out there, such as a novarossi?) Or shall i just buy a new car and leave the ct4s the way it is? If so any recommendations? (is the schumacher fusion a faster and better car?)
Old 06-03-2005, 07:20 AM
bennydhill

Default RE: cen ct4s (how can i make it go faster - Acceleration!!!)

hi,

i have a ct4s too, and am looking at the same thing, either the novarossi or 2.5 turbo. i've been told to put on the CTS exhaust, have you got this. apparently it helps as well. let me know what you find out. cheers.

Ben
Old 06-05-2005, 12:20 PM
aqua_al

me2
Old 06-06-2005, 03:22 AM
raap5l

benny, or anyone else got that cen metal exhaust yet, im gonna have to soon, the plastic one is ****, broken in 3 places
Old 06-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Jester79

I have the the 2.5 turbo in my car it added a ton of acceleration. I would have gone with another company but I was in a lazy mood and didn't want to have to mod the motor mounts to get it to fit.

I read that the stock CT4 was faster top speed than stock fusion, but fusion had more acceleration.

I have seen .21 in some ct4s but it required many mods I heard.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:47 PM
BigPapi

Howdy,
There is also an drivetrain conversion kit which increases acceleration CT045
If you are looking to place a non CEN engine in the CT4, you will need to purchase a set of standard small block engine mounts, which are very affordable at any hobby shop.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:27 PM
poor judgement

BigPapi - would the ct4r adjustable mounts allow a 21 to fit a funfactor?
Im pretty sure they are what I need, I would just like some confirmation before I buy a set.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:41 AM
CEN Racing

CT4S is the fastest Nitro Sedan tested in the latest RC Car Action. We beats the Fusion 21 by 1+MPH.

The quickest way to gain accleration will be one of the following.

1. CT045 - Competition Drivetrain Kit. This kit will satisfy anyone who is looking for more acceleration from their 73.4mph CT4S sedans. We highly recommend this drive train for anyone who is planning to race their vehicles at organized races. The kit includes two lightweight composite pulleys, one front ultra efficient racing belt, and one rear ultra efficient racing belt.

2. Engine Swap. CT4S can accept any .12 to Big Block .15 Engine. The Stock "Lighting" BB NX-15 puts out 1.5 hp. A same performance aftermarket engine will be very costly. We do offer a engine swap program allow our owners to switch any engine for our Turbo 2.5 engine which puts out 1.8 HP. Like Jester79 said, it will greatly increase the accleration of CT4S.

In order to drop a .21 in either CT4S or Fun Factor. You will need the adjustable motor mount as well as the motor plate. You also have the option to go with the new era model's .21 coversion kit. Note that a .21 engine in the CT4S will require minor modification to the chassis.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:51 AM
poor judgement

In order to drop a .21 in either CT4S or Fun Factor. You will need the adjustable motor mount as well as the motor plate.
What are the part numbers for these parts?
Old 07-09-2005, 06:15 PM
bmauney

what's up fellas? I have changed everything that needed to be changed on my ct4s even went with the motor swap. Apparently it's not enough to get out the blocks with several .12 motors. The CEN motors can beat alot of motors long distance but it always need a lot of room to play catch up and unfortunately by the time it get going good you have to slow down or turn around.

Alot of my friends are running .12 motors (RB, novarossi, Picco and Kalores) and those babies scream out the blocks. Although I love the car the motors just don't do it. I have just purchased a Novarossi .12 motor. If you call CEN and talk to most of the guys not one of them run the CEN motors so to me that should tell you something.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:27 AM
CEN Racing

bmauney:

Our motor are big block motors which are not legal to use in races so we could not use them during any race event. It really has nothing to do with the performance of the engine. Each car's gearing is setup differently. Some cars are made to go from 0-40mph but some are made for mid-range and some for Top end.

A race .12 such as Novarossi , RB..etc offer better weight vs. power ratio compare to BB .15 It is more suitable for short distance race. But for drag race, a big block will definitely dominate
Old 07-11-2005, 07:56 AM
bmauney

CEN Racing

Ok I'm with you now. Since I have changed the motor out to a .12 which gearing should I use for top and bottom. I'm currently using the yellow T38 and the Green T42.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:33 AM
vanhela

Hi me and 3 frends have the ct4s with the High Acceleration drive train kit installed and we enter in some local racing but the kyoshos RR and RRR running silios and Novarossi blow us way in to the weeds Ezy.

So from what i have read we cant do anything to our NX-15 and being out of the USA were not able to trade in motors.

i was looking at getting a Turbo 2.5 to replace it with but by the sounds of it the Novarossi and silios cars will still take us down

So do i buy a Turbo 2.5 or spend the extra and get Novarossi or silios ????
Old 07-12-2005, 08:29 AM
nitrohead5300

CEN RACING.....I take acception to your statement. The Ct4s is the fastest stock ( out of the box) nitro touring car! It is not the fastest 1/10 scale nitro touring car, the Fusion is if you put the optional high speed clutchbell on the fusion you will get 75 mph this was radar confirmed in the February 2003 issue of RC Car action. The only reason the fusion got beat this last time was because the Cen car has a taller final gear ratio stock than the Fusion does. The Cen car final gear ratio is 3.1 vs the fusion final gear ratio of 3.5 and since the critera for this test was that the cars had to be stock you could not put the optional clutchbell on the fusion. The fusion with a few mod was clocked at 88 mph in the May issue of Radio Control Nitro mag. this was radar confirmed too. So get your facts straight the Cen CT4s is the fastest box , stock nitro touring car it is not the fastest the fusion is.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:49 AM
bmauney

I have the Turbo 2.5 and I'm still getting blown out the box, I have just decided to drop down to a Novarrossi 5 port 1.5. This is still illegal because most legal motors are 3 ports if I have my facts right.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:10 AM
KMABOGGIE!!

INTERESTING READING ON THIS TOPIC OF MORE SPEED FOR THE CEN CT4S. I RECKON THERE IS A FEW THINGS THAT COULD BE TRIED ON THIS CAR TO INCREASE ITS ACCELERATION.
MODIFY AND OR CHANGE THE TUNED PIPE. INCREASE AIRFLOW FROM EXHAUST. TOO MUCH EXHAUST BACK PRESSURE WILL REDUCE ENGINE OUTPUT. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF BETTER TUNED PIPES? OR MODIFIED EXHAUST HEADERS THAT FIT THE NX-15? I BELEIVE THE STOCK NX-15 AFTER TUNING DOES NOT REACH ITS FULL POTENTIAL. THESE ENGINES ARE MADE TO SCREAM!!
CHANGE THE AIR INLET FILTER. MORE AIR EQUALS MORE BANG. INCREASED NITRO % IN FUEL WILL REDUCE CYLINDER HEAD TEMP WITHIN REASON OF COURSE. MODIFIED RAM AIR COULD BE ADAPTED TO CARB WITH ADDITIONAL POLISHED CARB THROAT THUS INCREASING FUEL AIR RATIO'S.
HAS ANYONE TRIED THESE IDEAS, IF SO LET ME KNOW. I BELIEVE WITH A BIT ENGINEERING THESE CARS COULD BE MADE TO FLY OUT OF THE BLOCKS. 35000RPM CLAIMED IS ALOT FOR ANY ENGINE.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:34 AM
bmauney

Well the pipe I run is the vantage pipe (http://www.vantageracing.com/site/fl...nd_default.htm) I have upgraded my motor from NX-15 to the 2.5 Turbo 1.8hp @ 37,000 rpm. Although this baby scream I still get dusted out the blocks by my friends running .12 engines 1.6hp @ 43,800rpm. I have just recently purchased a .12 engine to compete with them.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:04 AM
poor judgement

im surprised the 2.5 isnt giving u the edge over ur competition. i have a os18cvr-x in a funfactor and the .12 and .15 touring cars here cant touch it for acceleration or top speed.

u do have it tuned properly, right plug too dont u? what pinions do u have fitted? also what fuel are u using?

i have the os 1030 pipe on mine - gives more power all round than the cen one - on this engine anyway. i am using 25% nitro too. surely the 2.5 is a quick motor?
Old 07-13-2005, 11:04 PM
bmauney

I have had issues with the motor since I purchased it and had to send it back to CEN. It was having bubbles coming up through the button/glow plug. The replaced the button as well as the piston and it's still doing it. I have tried multiple plugs for it and same results.

I'm using O'donnels 30%
Old 07-14-2005, 05:27 AM
poor judgement

sorry to hear that mate.

i guess its worth paying that bit extra....
Old 07-14-2005, 06:20 AM
vanhela

Well I tried this to tune my NX-15, I remover the motor from car and bolted it to a slab of timber and set it all up using my plane remote. Now I remover the cluch and added a rc plane prop sized for a 15 motor then spent say 2 hrs worth tuning it with a RPM meter.
I over gained 600 RPM and I tuned it for max Acceleration. I think total RPM with 15 size prop gave me say 15900 in the end and made a large improvement back on the track but till no were as fast as the other cars. 1 of these V1 RRR with a .12 Novarossi pulls power stands out of its corners and picks up and flyā€™s its unreal [&o]
Any ways by the sounds of it its time for a new motor bmauney howā€™s your new
5 port Novarossi going do u think its worth the $$$ ??
Old 07-14-2005, 07:56 AM
bmauney

I just started breaking it in yesterday not sure just yet how the performance will be. This is the one I purchased this last week that I'm breaking in now http://mivasecure.abac.com/toyhaus/m...y_Code=rcennro

and this is the other one I purchased this week should have it tomorrow.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3859
Old 07-16-2005, 04:12 AM
vanhela

NX-15 Update
For who waits to know.
Today I did some more testing on the NX-15 using the Plane prop and RPM meter.
At first we tested the motor standard since last used its been sluggish and low top end speed. It tested 13,200 RPM under prop load with bad Acceleration from idle. Next we tuned the motor and end up with quit Acceleration from idle and a top end RPM of 54,000.
Now we adjusted the distance by 1ā€¯ from the standard tuned pipe to the manifold using new hose and also drilled holes in the end of the stranded air cleaner plastic end cap to give us more airflow. Now with a quick retune of top end mixture we ended up at a 17,600 RPM which I think under load is a large increase from normal. i have yet to test it on the track since its raining again .
bmauney do you still have your cen 2.5 Turbo or have you sold it already?.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:28 AM
bmauney

Yes I still have it, trying to deside what I'm going to do about it
Old 07-16-2005, 09:57 PM
streak8838

bmauney cen recomends using 20 % plus your fuel line could be getting to hot before it reaches the carb. i routed mine under the throttle servo the ct4's are touchy to set up so once you get it going it will be right

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.