Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Nemesis Tranny ?'s

Old 02-17-2006, 03:00 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nemesis Tranny ?'s

Looking over my Nemesis instructions and found nothing so I am turning to you guys. I notice there is a sticker on the tranny and it covers a hole in it. Well does CEN offer a plug for this or do I just need to keep a fresh sticker on it all the time? Is this hole for lubrication purposes or what? And finally if it's used for lubing then what is the side plug used for that can screw closed? I hope Somebody can help.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:33 PM

Default RE: Nemesis Tranny ?'s

The hole with the sticker was for reverse, as the nemesis uses the genesis tranny. Seemed like an oversight or maybe a way to keep costs down on the nemesis just using a sticker....? The threaded cap on the side of the tranny is for adjusting the 3rd gear shift point. As far as I know Cen does not offer a rubber plug or anything for the reverse hole, the sticker would work ok as long as you check it often and replace when damaged.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:37 AM

Hey thanks for the insight, so can you place a third gear/3 speed into the Nemesis? Too, is it a daunting task to do if you can? I am planning to race this truck so it isn't really ness. to do, I can always adjust it out when I race and bring it back when I am just out fooling around, I dunno, but it sounds good. I have to find a plug for it, I'm not to crazy about the whole sticker thing.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:46 AM

Yes the third gear will fit in the nemesis tranny case, I went with the nemesis case so I could run the metal-to-metal brake system, that required me to put in my gears from the genesis everything fits fine.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:02 AM

How much of a difference does a 3speed make and how much does it cost? Do you recommend it? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:16 AM

Not really sure about the price..... it does work pretty good and helps the heavier truck haul some butt on the top end....

I don't think it would take a lot to put a 3rd gear in. Maybe for the x-tra parts you could buy a complete genesis tranny from e-bay.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Bash-m-up

How much of a difference does a 3speed make and how much does it cost? Do you recommend it? Thanks.
The 3 speed will give you a little bit more top end and 1 more chance to hear your truck shifting

THe part number is GSS13 and retail for about $20 or so. It is a kit (includes all parts), not a ready to go module.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 AM
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Bash-m-up

Looking over my Nemesis instructions and found nothing so I am turning to you guys. I notice there is a sticker on the tranny and it covers a hole in it. Well does CEN offer a plug for this or do I just need to keep a fresh sticker on it all the time? Is this hole for lubrication purposes or what? And finally if it's used for lubing then what is the side plug used for that can screw closed? I hope Somebody can help.
Just put a dab of silicone on it. If ya wanna get purty, use black
Old 02-28-2006, 05:25 PM

I have a genesis LE and I was worried about the hole where the reverse shifter is located so I tried to make a custom flexible cover out of a balloon and sealant, it didn't come out very well. So when I installed the MTM brake system I made a new custom cover on the new transmission housing, out of a balloon, except this one turned out very well. I just cut the neck of the balloon, because it is flat, the actual balloon part is hard to work with, then just poke a hole for the shift lever, and glue the square piece around the hole. Now the hole is completely sealed and it still shifts great.