Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Fancy a FunFactor 6061 ARO chassis?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Fancy a FunFactor 6061 ARO chassis?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 07:02 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fancy a FunFactor 6061 ARO chassis?

The new baby is keeping him really busy. He is trying to get the parts prototyped as soon as he can.
For the most part he has the plans done he just needs to find the time to spend cutting them and to finalize the design.

rolland
Old 07-22-2006, 07:28 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im starting to think that it would be better if the chassis was longer now, ala nx/talon etc and use their propshaft...

Just so there is more room on the chassis really - for bigger tanks n stuff... but Im easy - cant be too fussy with a new baby on the scene - dont forget ur drafty tho DrH!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:00 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: poor judgement

Im starting to think that it would be better if the chassis was longer now, ala nx/talon etc and use their propshaft...

Just so there is more room on the chassis really - for bigger tanks n stuff... but Im easy - cant be too fussy with a new baby on the scene - dont forget ur drafty tho DrH!
i am thinking the same thing. My MT2 is pretty crowded as is.

Plus I am thinking of big blocking my rally and seeing what kind of speeds I can get from it by keeping it light, but strong. A nicer chassis would really come in handy. Otherwise I may have to use a magnum one for now.

hopefully the Doc can get back in business again, but kids will keep you busy
Old 08-17-2006, 06:05 PM
poor judgement

Plus I am thinking of big blocking my rally
Man thats gonna be a handfull! Should be fun to say the least... you may well get away with the plastic spurs with smaller wheels mate. I geared mine to 16/20 and 42/38 with the os 18 and it easily maxed out the revs, never radared but it looked like 80, so probably about mid 60s mph. HPI do some larger pinions than Cens largest - 20t, I think you will need them!

Do it, and video it for us! A rally with the 18 is damn fast - ask the touring car guys near me... plus, with a chunky rally, you can ram them and break their A arms when they get cocky in the corners! Gonna be bonkers with a BB - what you thinking - 21,28,30?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:38 PM
dustin7837

I'm searching up ebay a bit every day to see what I can get for cheap. I am starting college again in 2 weeks so funding is limited. probabaly .21-.28 range. I see STS has a nice .30 5 port out now though...

I think I can run genesis spurs wtih 14/17s to start, then i will up the pinions if necessary. I already have all cen's hop ups on my rally except hardened diffs, but I am bidding on a magnum chassis and shafts right now on ebay. I just ordered CT5 mounts from customrccars.

My only concern is that I ma going to twist those puny driveshafts right off first time I press the throttle...
I am going to start ordering some random shafts off ebay, whatever's cheap and finding something that will work... even if I need to cut em shorter and install a new pin.

I always wanted a touring car, but don't have enough good pavement nearby and couldn't be bothered with worrying about belts and little pebbles and foam tires. SO this should be the next best thing.

(check my gallery and "my models" for my current rally setup)
Old 08-17-2006, 11:34 PM
rolland

I tried to convince every body the benefits of a larger chassis and nobody bought into it so I am afraid we are going to have to wait awhile. The regular production one will have to come out first and then if Dr. H has the time we will be able to order custom ones.

I do know that he is working on it when he has the time but with new babies time is really scarce.

dustin7837, You might want to think about a center diff for that little beast.

rolland
Old 08-17-2006, 11:36 PM
dustin7837

ORIGINAL: rolland

dustin7837, You might want to think about a center diff for that little beast.

rolland
I was thinking about that... I have a spare Genesis center diff sitting here, but I would still like to run a 2 speed witht he center diff.....
Might be a tricky fit on a 1/10.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:58 PM
rolland

Not if we had a longer chassis.

sorry I had to throw that in.

rolland
Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 AM
poor judgement

Ah yes Rolland, but you wanted it wider, not longer if I remember rightly! Lol, nevermind, whatever happens DrH will come up with something a whole load better than stock for sure. Besides, shorter means lighter. Oh, and I think hes using the drawings I did of my JT chassis, so you will get a whole 7mm of extra length! (Yes the stock centre shaft can cope with the 7mm, before anyone asks!)

Dustin - the Genesis spurs are 43t and 39t, so you want the Cen steel 14/18 bell mate not the 14/17. Mind you... Im sure you will be after taller ratios pretty quickly!

How about an Ofna 2 speed? Then you could swap between that and a centre diff. Watch it though, as I type I remember that the Ofna setup isnt offset to one side like the Cen brake seat, so engine plate mount clearance and flywheel clearance might well be an issue if you choose that route. No idea at all about the Genesis parts Im afraid, but good luck whatever mate, it sounds fun.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:59 PM
rolland

Actually I would have liked both, length and width but if I had to pick one I would have settled for the width.

Anyhow, is it possible to use the CEN brake seat with the Ofna 2 speed? That might help with clearance issues.

rolland
Old 10-23-2006, 09:30 PM
offroadfury

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed but the original Fun Factor is no longer available. So I think if we intend on making these new chassis then we make them the same size as the Magnum. Before most people did not want the bigger chassis but now I think cause the Fun Factor is no longer available I think it will change peoples mind.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:01 PM
poor judgement

A little bump.

Heres where we got to in the talks - what are peoples thoughts now we have another chance for a custom chassis?

Please post any comments, requests or ideas in the "New Funfactor/NX Chassis" thread.

Cheers.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:17 PM
dustin7837

Replied to PM PJ

I would love to have a better chassis, magnum length and slightly wider than stock. And with the proper hole for the metal brake seat. For some reason they made the magnum chassis brake seat hole bigger, so you can't use the metal brake seat. I dont care much for the flimsy plastic ones. They really reduce braking.

I am unsure of what to do about the upturned sides. They are nice looking, and offer a bit more protection, but they are limiting when fitting other battery boxes, exhuausts etc.

And how about an alum. top plate? Take a look at my gallery for the top plates I am using that I got off Azzman. They pretty much eliminate flex. A bit thicker and narrower would be nice though.

Time is no issue for me as winter has set in here. -15 C and about a foot of snow so far.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:23 PM
fathersonfab

Dr Honda.. What parts are you talking about? Do you make conversion kits for t-maxx for gas weedie engines? Do you have a website?

Thanks