Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Genesis Airtronics MX3 Radio upgrade?

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Genesis Airtronics MX3 Radio upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Scott_GTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genesis Airtronics MX3 Radio upgrade?

I am thinking of upgrading my Genesis Impact C111 radio to an Airtronics MX3 from a Nemesis.
Granted the Impact C111 does the job, but it is really nasty. [:'(]

Is it easy to set it up?

Do my standard servos just plug in?

Also, would an Airtronics allow me to set variable rate of throttle and steering?
(I'd like to make the steering less sensitive at full throttle to make it more controllable you see)

Also, do any radios have 3 positions on the 3rd Ch so I can get foward, reverse and neutral?
(I like to fire it up out of gear you see.)

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:11 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Genesis Airtronics MX3 Radio upgrade?

The MX3 is a worthwhile upgrade over the stock CEN radio. It will allow variable throttle and braking, as well as a hole host of settings that you may or may not use.
Some people have had issues with the servo plugins. On some RX's the plugs are really tight but they will fit. You might have to trim a little off of the plugs.
Nuetral is going to be a feature in the transmission and I think the Genesis/Nemesis doesn't have that feature, I could be wrong though.

rolland
Old 05-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Scott_GTR

ORIGINAL: rolland

Nuetral is going to be a feature in the transmission and I think the Genesis/Nemesis doesn't have that feature, I could be wrong though.

rolland

Rolland,

Thanks for that, I think I will give one ago.

As for neutral, I normally start my engine with no throttle and find that with the gear selecter in the centre there is no drive.
So I'd just like a 3 psoition switch.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:13 AM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 3rd channel on my MX3 doesn't have 3 positions. I am not sure if there is a pistol grip radio with that option. You might be able to make it work by playing around with the trim/subtrim settings but I doubt that will work.
The MX3 is definitly a worthwhile upgrade especially if you use CEN's swap program. I heard that they were going to offer it again but I am not sure when.

rolland
Old 05-28-2006, 02:45 AM
Timmahh
Banned

i use a JR XS3 Pro, very capable radio... has steering, throatle and 3rd channel rate controls, epa on all chnls, exponential settings on all channels. the 3rd channel is only dual position. also has memory postitions for 10 different settings/ set up/ vehicles ect.... i think it even has the alb ( antilock brakeing) setup, but not positive cuz i havent looked, but seem to recall seeing it in the manual.... it is digital and a FM synth so interferance is at a minimun and you dont need to worry about chrystals. just set the channel and go... ive been over 400 ft away with out a glitch/ issue/ problem at all, and still at that distance, had almost no apparent latency.....
I hope they do bring back the exchange program, and that they atleast offer better radios for a good price. which i think they will as the rtr prices are quite good for all you get with on.
Timmahh
Old 05-28-2006, 12:55 PM
dj2_7

the futaba 3pdf has a three position switch for third channel. They don't sell them new anymore but you can find them on ebay.