Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Junk Room Desk - Current State... Pics now...

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Junk Room Desk - Current State... Pics now...

Old 09-13-2006, 10:04 PM
rolland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Junk Room Desk - Current State... Pics now...

How about a small battery box secured to the top of the front chassis brace?
It would add some weight to the front of the truck which would help keep the front end down.

rolland
Old 09-14-2006, 12:24 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Definately do like rolland suggests and put the batt on the front brace. maybe find some kind of batt box like the rear mount one of cen's and secure it to the brace.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:15 AM
Scouser

I am with Dustin on this one. The rear battery box from CEN could be screwed to the front shock tower. I have just offered it up to the truck and it looks like it would work pretty well.
EDIT... sorry, I also meant to say that it looks absolutely brilliant. How is the weight distribution with the fuel tank over on that side? I was thinking of doing this with mine.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:06 PM
poor judgement

Its no good trying to cheer me up with compliments yknow! Lol, cheers guys, took me long enough though...

Cheers for the ideas too, but Ive just realised that if I swap the steering servo linkage to the other side of the horn, then the battery will fit on top of the servo. Double sided foam tape and some... ahem... zip ties will do it. It will come out with the servo then, which is fine by me. Best of both worlds - up front and on the opposite side to that heavy engine.

I did try the Cen battery box on the front on the 28 setup, but it just made the understeer worse in 4wd on the beach - was too far forward I guess (see early Quattros). Wasnt bad in 2wd, but I was always concerned about smashing the box on a decent crash and revving the engine out/70mph runaway...

Scouser - the balance might be somewhere near with a full tank, but its not clever when its empty...

Just need an RPM rx box (would be great if I could get one from the UK) - ala Digouts truck, and for the pressure nipple to arrive... and... I think... its good to go.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:07 PM
poor judgement

I have nipples!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 02:41 PM
cenracer1

more info than I needed to know![X(]
Old 09-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Scouser

Please, please, please do NOT post pictures of them.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:44 PM
poor judgement

Erm...

I think Im finished apart from 4 screws that I just noticed were missing... better not be any more missing!
Oh and the rear body mounts... where ever Ive put those. Same old shell, but Im working on that. Same goes for wheels and tyres.

Let me know if you notice anymore bits missing please! And take note Scouser - this is the way to spam pics man, cmon now...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61418.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	527617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42395.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	527618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24340.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	527619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr47939.jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	527620   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sd43832.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	527621   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kb44764.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	527622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tv38363.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	527623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Az86923.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	527624  

Old 09-20-2006, 07:13 PM
rolland

If that us the RX under the exhaust and the antenna is on the fuel tank, you might need to put some fuel line on the antenna wire that is exposed to help prevent glitching. Antenna's really don't like touching metal.

The battery on the servo is a creative place to put it but that might cause some glitching in the steering servo.

The directions that I got with my temp sensor said that it needs to be at a right angle to the exhaust port. I don't know how much of a difference it makes but they felt the need to print it in the instructions. There is going to be some deviation between a hand held IR and the on-board sensor. What I did is run the truck and tested it with an IR and then compared it to the on-board. I found that there was about a 12 deg. difference between the two.

It is looking good but quit spamming pics and run the thing already.

rolland
Old 09-20-2006, 07:24 PM
poor judgement

This weekend at the latest - I promise.

Cheers for the info and advice there Rolland, appreciated. Ill certainly be trying the radio gear out at long range before I try anything - yes, the failsafe is in there too.

The aerial needs routing properly - little bits need tidying, I admit, but its all pretty much in place now. No space left on the chassis for sure and the steering arm only just touches the battery on full lock - its all very tight in there.

Im praying for no engine air leaks or daft problems, and a nice easy run-in. Ill treat this a little more carefully than the last setup I think, try and make it last like that brilliant little OS .18. I still love that engine to bits, its a great motor, I really hope the .30 is as reliable and easy going.

I have a mate who has, and can use, a digi video camera... hell, there might even finally be movies on the beach... dont hold your breath.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:33 PM
rolland

OS engines have always been solid and reliable. If you take your time and break it in correctly it should last a long time. That is if you remember to secure the air filter. Just to be a little safer I would also use a pre-filter for the filter. Can't be to cautious when it comes to sand.

rolland
Old 09-21-2006, 05:33 AM
Scouser

Looking good mate. Very professional looking, almost factory! Pressure is on for my 2wd truck now!!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 AM
poor judgement

It runs, i can tell you that much.

Dinner, then out with the beastie, woohoo!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Scouser

How did it run then? Any reports?
Old 09-21-2006, 05:43 PM
poor judgement

Lol, not really. Fired it up, to be sure it actually worked, in the back yard, but never took it out for a run. Early finish for me on fridys, so hopefully will fit it in somewhere.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Scouser

You had this thing out for a blast yet? I am hoping someone else is making progress with their project, still waiting for the ebay parts for mine!!!![:@]
Old 10-04-2006, 01:39 AM
poor judgement

Ello mate, still running it in at the mo, a couple of tanks as and when I get time. Tricky getting the temps up, but now its leaned a fair bit its getting up nicely. Oh, its quite a pokey motor too! Wasnt going to post til I had vids - will have soon, promise!

Good luck Scouser - all your bits will turn up at once.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:24 PM
poor judgement

Going out with 2 Savages on saturday... will try to finish running it in before it gets squashed...

Video is guaranteed, but the weather aint, keep your fingers crossed!
Old 10-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Scouser

The Savages will have to catch you before they squash you, no chance of that mate!!
Old 10-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Scouser

How did you get on with the two Savages then? I assume they got bored of being made to look ridiculously slow?
Old 10-29-2006, 05:15 AM
poor judgement

Hmmm. Erm. Well...

Its sure as hell 300 times faster than the Savages... but not as "wall-like" as they are... didnt even get through a tank of juice before it got taken out pretty hard. Parts are waiting to go on it, and the silencer needs mounting more securely.

Sun and blue sky outside, so I might have an hour or so with it today. Ive been too busy with the house, and working lots of overtime to pay for this damn fine furniture thats arriving this week [8D]. Got the week off work too, so Ive no excuse not to get some hours on it really.

Note: Approach lunatic driven Savages with caution. Playing chicken at 50+ mph into an oncoming "fatty" does very little for front ends, silencers, fuel tanks and airfilter retention. Oh, I even managed to scratch the head...[X(] On the plus side, the Savage was launched several feet into the air and suffered a cracked fuel tank and stripped the steering servo - so all was not in vain.

Savages 1 : 1 Cen MT
Old 10-29-2006, 05:51 AM
azzman

You just keep runnin with those Savages mate and the score may look a little different after a while... LOL glad you are getting some drive time on it, its just too small tho for that engine...[X(]
Old 10-29-2006, 05:52 AM
Scouser

How did the ARO shock towers hold up? Any carnage pics?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:56 AM
poor judgement

Towers seem fine, no pics as it was a glancing blow as we both bottled out just a little too late... fuel tank pulled the threads, wishbones and front hub got smashed though. The rest of it just launched itself free as the shell came off... Chassis is still straight and all that, no major damage, spares are in my desk drawer, so no worries.

What do you mean "too small" Azzman? Its the engine thats too big. As with the 28 - its a mental drive on the low profile Panthers, but a lot more sensible with the brickpins, still silly though. Damn Savages have just gone out to play... Im too busy to go today (ahem, excuses...? me....?).

I wouldnt mind a Savage, drop the 30 in there and run the Cen with the 18. That would be very sensible, though, which just isnt me. Maybe... maybe, once Ive got all the bits in for the house, Ill take a look at my poorly bank account. Not keen on working on a Savage tho... nightmare, so much simpler on the Cen.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:56 PM
azzman

Bro I said, the car is too small for that engine! And TBH I think the Cen has too short a wheelbase for jumping, I started jumping the Sav when I first got it and thought **** this jumps nice! Bashing is cool tho, but really for hardcore bashing its tough to beat the Savage, I really enjoy the Cen around the backyard but when I go to the track (RC and/or BMX) I just leave it at home (Cen) and take the buggy and the Savage.
And the Savage aint all that bad to work on...hey there are some trade-offs for that toughness! The Savage X has solved a few little issues with hard to get at diffs and radio box cover etc, although I can swap out a diff in 40 mins total with the Sav. So for you the X SS kit would be the go and sell the K4.6 engine.

Cheers big ears

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.