Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Air Filters

Old 08-21-2006, 05:59 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Filters

What filters are you guys using and for what conditions?

Ive always used an oiled foam filter, but while I was grabbing bits, I wondered if there were any better/safer filters out there?

Is the Motorsaver filter worth getting? (I run mainly on beaches)
Or is it a waste of time?

Fine dust from gravel roads wont go through the foam, so sand wont either - I dont see any point in the mesh tbh... am I missing something?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:04 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Air Filters

I find taht with a freshly oiled filter, even if I wring it out good, dirt and stuff still sticks to the outside and blocks off airflow prematurely. The mesh on the motorsaver seems to help keep that stuff off and keeps the foam cleaner for longer.
I use motorsaver filters mostly, but I have a few filters from the CEN genesis/Nemesis that work good too.
The genesis ones have no mesh, but it is a big filter and only the top is open.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:48 AM
cenracer1

I ran the motorsaver on the cen nt16 till I got the os 18 and use there filter.. very big and large surface area... I do run a foam outer filter on ALL my filters which is the best way to go... I can run all day at the track or in the dirt and grass and only the outer filter is dirty.. I do check the inner filter and clean and re-oil whenever it looks even the least bit dirty... I've lost motors in the past by being lazy.... PJ... I do like the motorsaver filters, but I don't honestly see any performance increase with them.. are they worth the money... Yes, if you are going from stock crap... No if you already have a quality air filter... For your use, I think foam and an outer filter will work bast... lots of layers to keep the sand out..... works well for keeping out water also...
Old 08-22-2006, 12:06 PM
poor judgement

For your use, I think foam and an outer filter
An inner filter do you mean? Like the paper, cylinder type?

If so, thats what Ive been using, and I dont think Ive created any extra wear on the engines by using them. Ill stick to that then.

The only advange I can see of the motorsaver is that it would keep wet sand, and therefore water, off the filters foam - well, a bit at least. But then I dont really go on the wet stuff much anyway.

so, yea - cheers for that.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:53 PM
cenracer1

actually what I mean is that you have the standard foam inner filter and an outer foam sleeve that wraps around the filter... Mine wrap around the outer plastic housing that the foam goes in...... Like this.....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDNV5&P=ML

I think I use HPI brand but they fit my OS and other engines as well..... if I remember correctly... they are too big for the stock cen carb throat and thats why I used a motorsaver in that one.... As far as sand and water protection.. they work great..
Old 08-22-2006, 11:21 PM
rolland

In really dusty conditions I use the same filter as Cenracer1.
I have used this filter and it works really well but the cap doesn't stay on too well. The screen actually does stop quite abit of garbage from getting on the filter and the cap works really well in wet and muddy conditions.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDAN9&P=0

For running in dry or moist sand the filter Cenracer1 linked to would work really well.

rolland