Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Cen Ct4s OUT OF CONTROL?! re: radio?? please help!!

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Cen Ct4s OUT OF CONTROL?! re: radio?? please help!!

Old 09-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Cen_Ct4-s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Ct4s OUT OF CONTROL?! re: radio?? please help!!

Ok, I have got a new Cen Ct4s. New as I mean, 2 days old, out of the box. This car is bone stock, using the things only out of the box. Even the remote (Impact C2) radio? I don't know what it is exactly but its made by Cen. Anyway, every time I move 30 meters away from the car, it just goes nuts! The wheels are turning left and right, the throttle maxes out then stops. I have no idea whats going on! There are brand new batteries in the radio control and brand new batteries in the receiver (same brand btw if that helps?) Is the car interfering with anything at all? When I got my other nitro car, it worked fine and the distance was nice, never had a problem. But my Cen Ct4s is spastic. Like i said before, I'm running down my street, then all of a sudden, it does a hard right, into the gutter and it just flaws it until it stalls....

This is a serious problem. It has to do with something with the radio or receiver. The attena is fully up and all, what can cause the car to go crazy? At first I thought it was some guy around my street controlling it with his remote, I don't know?? PLEASE help me, I would of gone down to my LHS but it is to far and a waste of time to possibly fix something minor? Any suggestions on what is causing my car to go crazy? maybe the reciever cords are faulty? (I do not have fail safe btw, its a new car and I will get 1 asap)
Old 09-15-2006, 11:43 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: Cen Ct4s OUT OF CONTROL?! re: radio?? please help!!

take your other radio if you still have it and swap it out. Did you buy it from a lhs, or off the bay? if you baught if form an actual hobby shop, local or ebay, then you warrenty should be intact. can i ask why you didnt buy the newer CT5? its slightly upgraded over the CT4r/s. and typically only about 30 bux more. anyways, i had my stock radio have issues. try your other one, chances are the radio is spaztic, and getting interferance... if both radios are AM channel and 27Mhz frequency. just swap out your chrystals n see if thats the problem. i went to the JR XS3 Pro, but i already had it so....

Timmahh
Old 09-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Cen_Ct4-s

This car was a gift to me, my other car got run over so I didnt choose the car myself. The car came from ebay, so I have no warranty. I just tested it again in a big open space (carpark) with the stock radio. I got my friend to hold the car while it is running, I moved back slowly turning the wheels in the car until I got about 30 meters away, it started to go on the throttle....

Im going to change the radio systems over from the old --> new and if that works. If that doesnt work Ill just buy a new radio. It will be hard because the cars radios are a different brand and are set up differently... well see in a bit. Im real pissed cause I just got a new car and the chasis is bent alredy! The botom is even worse because ive used sticky tape to cover all the holes in it. ANyway Im changing the radios over right now!!!
Old 09-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Cen_Ct4-s

F*** it, I cant be bothered doing it. Ill take it down to the hobby shop and get a new radio and get them to install it...

Old 09-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Timmahh
Banned

CenCT4-S its very easy to swap over. all you need to do is pull the antenna tube, and remove your antenna wire, now you ll see a zip strip holding the rx down. there is a small tab on it, push the tab and loosen the zip strip, now pull your rx out, install the new one, plug the steering servo into slot number 1, and the throatle into slot 2, the battery will plug into the slot marked Batt. retighten the zipstrip. run the antenna wire back thru the holder and thru the tube, thats the hardest part is getting the new antenna wire thru the tube..

when your done leave the engine off, turn it all on with charged batteries, and set up your trims, you should be all set.

i purchased mine from ebay as well. i would suggest you go here. this is the CEN Factory Website. post your issues here. im sure one of the CEN Reps will post up Monday or Tuesday, if not this weekend.

Their CS is VERY GOOD. but you may be correct about Warrenty.

let me ask you, how much do you plan on spending? i can suggest some quality radios in your price range.
Timmahh
Old 09-17-2006, 03:58 AM
Cen_Ct4-s

Sorry for the long response! But I have roughly $300(AUD) to spend for now. I haven't got my new radio yet because Ive been looking around. Just when I thought my car couldn't get worse, I broke my 1st belt today lol

Well I didn't break it, it got caught and wore out the teeth? on the belt. So instead of buying a new belt, I was thinking of making it a full time rear wheel drive? Perhaps even a drifter? I was gonna treat this car like royalty and race on proper circuits but it has quickly became my new basher !

On second thought I might give it a try again to change radios. And btw, is it ok if I install the rear wheels back wards? I mean, the tryres look sick when they are on back wards cause it gives the wheels a nice dish look. I don't see anything wrong with having the tyres set up like this cause they are on tight enough and it seems to stop just as good...

my first broken belt...
is this a good idea having the rims facing the other way??
THE WORST RADIO I HAVE EVER OWNED!!!
Old 09-17-2006, 06:49 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The only problem with fitting your wheels back to front is that there is no hex for the hub to fit into. This means no drive. It may look good but you wont go anywhere.[]
Old 09-18-2006, 01:48 AM
Timmahh
Banned

well it would until it was slippig so much and wearing out hte rim. they make drifing tires, and wheel extenders. look around here for the Belt Tensioner MODS, if your CT4 is tossing/shreading them, you may want to do that mod.
Timmahh
Old 09-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Cen_Ct4-s

ok I got it working but still going to get a new radio..