Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

CEN, do you have Steel Pinion Gears for FunFactor

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN, do you have Steel Pinion Gears for FunFactor

Old 12-23-2006, 08:20 PM
BootMachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN, do you have Steel Pinion Gears for FunFactor

I need steel 11/14T pinion gears for my FunFactor.

I bought the steel spur gear upgrade and just like everyone said...the aluminum pinions wore out in only a few tanks.

I have tried to buy the steel HPI bell from my LHS but I was told they dont make them anymore.

I tried to buy some HPI steel pinions from TowerHobbies but they are not available.

I DONT want to run the steel bell and gears that cen supplies "G84308-04 Steel Clutch Bell T14 T17" because the gearing is too high and the gears shear off the bell because the crimping is poor.

Where can I get steel pinions that will thread onto the M10/M12 clutch bell?

CEN do you make these pinions yet?

I have not been able to bash for a LONG TIME because of upgrades that suck.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:58 PM
offroadfury

Default RE: CEN, do you have Steel Pinion Gears for FunFactor

I have to say that I agree with you boot. It doesn't make any sense to make CNC Steel Spur Gears without making some CNC Steel Pinions that can be used on the M10/M12 clutch bell. Cause the steel cluth bell and pinions that come as one piece are crap. I got one of those and it broke in 3 hrs. I am not trying to knock Cen at all I just hope that they will take this into consideration and come up with a solution. Just my 2 cents!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:44 PM
BootMachine

CEN....take the blueprint of the aluminum gears...change at the bottom where it says Material: Aluminum to Material: Stainless Steel PH and send it to your machine shop....or send me the print so I can make my own.

OffRoadFurry - I TIG welded the crappy clutch bell back together and it held up quite well. BRAZE welding would also work if you dont have access to a TIG!

CEN...please resolve this issue. It has been brought up many times.

Tnkx

Lyndon A. (Loyal CEN Racing Customer)
Old 12-26-2006, 10:22 PM
poor judgement

I think you can get Ofna Hyper 10 steel pinions in 11/14 ratio. You will need the bell and maybe a 1/8 alloy shoed clutch. But good luck in finding them. I searched all over the net, as UK support is pants, ofnas pinions are usually pretty hard.

Personally I gave up waiting for Cen to come up with the pinions and managed to get the HPI ones, which arent brilliant, but way better than the Cen efforts. Like you say, its madness to have the steel spurs with no steel pinions. Hell of a way to get a bad name for yourself Cen. Sort it out, please.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:47 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

I brought this up on CENs forums about a year ago and they said they had no plans to release more steel pinion ratios... [:@]
I like my CENs but for service, sometimes they are great and sometimes very poor.
Big mood swings? need some vallium?
Old 12-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Need to separate your R&D departments. One dealing with the 1:8 scale stuff (Matrix, Matrix TR and Genesis) and one dealing soley with the 1:10 stuff. That way one section isn't overlooked for long periods and the two depts are in a healthy competition with each other.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:49 PM
poor judgement

Aye, hello mate, been a little while... anyway...

How about, seeing as the FF uses a 1/8 clutch bell, CEN sort a decent hardened 11/14 bell to suit the 2 speed FF and the matrix? Thats right, a 2 speed option for that thing. You cant tell me you Cen guys havent thought about it... surely.

Just give us the steel pinions, in stock ratios, to make your FF spurs a worthwhile buy. The FF steel spurs are a complete waste of time and rather a lot of money for fook all if you dont give us the pinions to suit. The alloy 11/14s wont last a tank with an .18 behind em. Wake up and smell the roses will yer?!?!?!

Mines on the shelf and waiting to get sold. Ofna for me next time I reckon.

Editted due to a slightly over enthusiastic, beer fuelled response.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:31 AM
offroadfury

I have a feeling this thread is going to get locked
Old 12-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Scouser

PJ, are you selling your truck or just the steel spurs?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:41 AM
poor judgement

The lot mate, I just dont use it anymore as the 1:1s take up too much time and cash. Likewise with having more than one woman on the go at once.

Ill probably take it back to "stockish" with the .18 and sell off the pretty bits seperately. Ill wait til the weather picks up a bit tho - Ill probably get more for it all then.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Scouser

haven't been running any of my stuff much either. I am thinking of whittling down the collection and keeping one of maybe two for the beach bashing sessions. Tough to pick what to keep though as the best 'all-rounder' is the Savage and I would probably get the most for that one if I were to sell up!! Maybe some JT chassis' on ebay soon then?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:00 PM
poor judgement

I dunno mate, Azzmans didnt fetch much. Tricky one to call.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:54 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to move up to 1/5 scale. I will be keeping the FF (to much time invested into it) but I am going to sell every thing else.

There is allot less tuning hassle with the 1/5 scales and the run times are allot longer, not to mention fuel is considerably cheaper.

rolland
Old 12-30-2006, 04:06 AM
notch

I use the ct5-s rtr bell and have had not problems in 3 gallons
Old 12-30-2006, 08:28 PM
azzman

Yea, watch out for ALL my Cen stuff on ebay soon...will go for a bargain price mind you, with shipping to overseas being what it is...I may just put it on RCU fifst and maybe see what someone will swap me for it...Im up for anything...maybe a mini electric, elec heli, or a boat even...I may try to flick it locally first tho...
Old 12-30-2006, 10:58 PM
offroadfury

I still think it is funny Cen has not responded to this thred cmon on now, your customer service was doing great and it is slowly slippy back to the same old Cen. Our LHS has told us not to buy your product becuase of your past, Prove them wrong and make them want your product.
And as for my personal LHS they said you don't win any races that mean anything that is why they don't give you credit. They think you only race the crappy races, they would like to see you win a creditable race, one that will mean something.

I like your products but would like to see some improvement before I ever bought from you again
Old 12-31-2006, 08:11 AM
poor judgement

With due respect - I reckon Cen may well be on their hols for xmas and new year. If they are out drinking beer and having fun then I for one will forgive em for not responding. Different story re no steel, stock ratio, pinions though...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:50 AM
cougartech67

Cen Racing Support. If you build the Steel Pinions to match your Spur Gears, We will buy them. You can't loose. Like everyone has said, its crazy to provide steel T47 and T43 spur gears without providing matching steel pinions. All of here hope you will provide a response to this forum. Make the Steel Pinions.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:46 AM
notch

On behalf of cen I would like to remind you guys that we have been quite busy... The release of the Areana TR Matrix Truggy shows that we are taking it to the next level... but we havent forgot our 1/10th racers and we are infact introducing a new sport line very shortly the MG-16 will be a big success in the minature market... In the mean time we are helping new hobbiest with their products and TESTING new hardend clutch bells!!! We have tested all the Truggy and Buggy gears and they work great and last long under brutal circumstances... we havent forgotten about our other lines and part are always availible we are pushing for hardend clutch gears for all our product lines... what do you think...
Old 01-09-2007, 07:48 PM
cougartech67

Thanks Notch. Sounds Great. Any idea when the hardened gears will be made available? Many of us are ready to buy the replacement gears as soon as they hit the market. [8D]
Old 01-19-2007, 08:40 PM
cougartech67

I received a reply back from CEN Support, in regards to the ongoing battle over getting some better clutch gears that can work with the Steel Spur Gears on the CEN MT2 Fun Factor trucks. According to CEN, part number G84310-04 will work with both NX-18 and the factory NT-16 engines. These gears are supposed to be steel gears. I ordered one last week and received it today. Has anyone else already tried this replacement part? And does it work better? or not? I will provide a follow up report after running my truck on Saturday. [&:]
Old 01-19-2007, 08:43 PM
cougartech67

Oh... I wanted to ad this. In the emails that CEN sent to me, this G84310-04 part is normally for a CT5S, and suppsedly, will work with the Fun Factor MT2 trucks Keep your fingers crossed...
Old 01-19-2007, 09:15 PM
CEN Racing

yeah thats the part # for sure... me and Andy run that set-up all the time at factory demos and national races!!! have fun guys see you next week
Old 01-19-2007, 11:11 PM
cougartech67

Hi CEN Racing. I was putting together my kit as we speak. How many bearings should I be using? 2 right? with the 2 thin washers that came with the kit. Just making sure. Can't wait until tomorrow so I can run this truck again.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:52 PM
offroadfury

ORIGINAL: cougartech67

Hi CEN Racing. I was putting together my kit as we speak. How many bearings should I be using? 2 right? with the 2 thin washers that came with the kit. Just making sure. Can't wait until tomorrow so I can run this truck again.
Yes it is 2 bearings

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.