Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Cen CT4 Tuning NX-15

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 02:47 AM
gomanly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen CT4 Tuning NX-15

I just purchased a Cen CT4. This is my first nitro car. It appears to lack a bit of low end power and the manual that came in the box does not match the engine so I am not 100% sure which is the low end tuner and the idle screw. I think I know where the idle screw is but it appears to be in a spot where I cannot fit a screw driver, does this sound normal? I am worried that I might end up overheating the engine and doing some serious damage. Does anyone have a photo or a better manual so I can see where they are.

Thanks
Scott.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:04 AM
Digital Ninja

Default RE: Cen CT4 Tuning NX-15

hi yea tuning can be difficult but once you get it becomes second nature.
iam not sure if u went to the site but go to the cen's faq site http://www.cenracing.com/faq.html and ull see at the start of the page 'engine tuning guides' heading , just click the nx 15 link,

the black screw on the bottem where you caant reach witht he screw is the idle screw, normally u dont really have to muck around with that. ok the screw on the carb its the biggest one, coloured brass a bit and is where one of the fuel lines goes to is the high speed, the low end screw is located in front of the carb where it opens (thers like a black tube thing where one of your servo linkages is connected)
also you might wanna follow that manual its got some important tips.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:46 PM
gomanly

thanks for the info, I'll give it a go. Scott.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 AM
notch

it could be a gearing issue as well... refer to your manual for optional gears
Old 01-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Timmahh
Banned

what color is the head of the motor? Green? if so you have the NX-15 motor. Great motor. if its new, your probably rich on the needle settings. you ll need to do some reading on tuning at breaking and tuning for performance. whats going on will depend on a few things like new or used motor. hot or cold outside, fuel and brand and nitro %, is the wind blowing east or west? these will all make a differance in how your motor will run that perticular time.

answer a few of these questions and we ll be better able to help out.

Timmahh
Old 08-31-2021, 01:59 AM
bennyhill

Unhappy CEN Racing NX-15 Wont Start

Hi,

I have 2 x NX-15 that I cannot get to start. I have tested the fuel, glow plugs, carb and rebuilt the engines. The problem I feel is piston pinch resulting in engine being hard to crank. I have an electronic starter that seems to struggle also. I have also heated engines to 60 degrees celsius to see if that helps.

I have the original engine manual, and cannot find any other hints in there.

If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it!