Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Schumacher or CEN or Mugen?!?!?!

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Schumacher or CEN or Mugen?!?!?!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Presence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schumacher or CEN or Mugen?!?!?!

Hi there

There's been much debate as to what HIGH SPEED car someone should get. Take out factors like price, upgrades, etc. If I'm going to buy one of these so claimed 70mph cars, what should I be getting or looking at. Personally I like Mugen, but I don't think those are that quick out of the box (which is fine by me). But then you have CEN and Schumacher who both claim the worlds fastest RC car. I don't buy any of that. But can the experts please list what they would recommend if I'm looking at getting something quick out of the box. I did a comparison, and noticed the CEN cars (not sure of the model) handles much better. At that top speed, I would hope these cars handle and perform well, but I'd like to hear your opinions.
I've also posted this same post in the Schumacher forum, just wasn't sure who I would target if I put it in one spot. So I'd like to hear both sides of the story

Thanks a lot!
Old 01-26-2007, 12:06 PM
poor judgement

Default RE: Schumacher or CEN or Mugen?!?!?!

As you probably know, top speed is only really down to engine revs and the gearing of the car.

I believe Cens CT4 or CT5 are geared to do 74mph out of the box. I remember something about them including lower ratio pulleys as well on the CT5 for when you get bored of high speed passes and want good launches.

It sounds like the Mugen car is geared lower out of the box, therefore not as much top speed. Bet it leaves the stock Cen for dead on acceleration though, and surely there are different gearing options for the Mugen too?

Check the prices of parts, availability and durability etc between the two. The only real problems Ive heard of with the Cen was the pulleys sometimes coming loose and loosing the teeth on the pulleys. An extra tensioner sorts it, iirc. Id expect a lot of people to tell you to go with the Mugen, but if its just for a laugh, Id save the extra cash and go for the Cen if you can get parts easily.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:27 AM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

Default RE: Schumacher or CEN or Mugen?!?!?!

yup hes right ct-4---5 is 74 mph out the box witch is true trust me ive driving one