Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN WARRANTY/SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:27 PM
derrick05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN WARRANTY/SERVICE

I have been reading all this crap about CEN GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and was compelled to write this.Lets start by saying I have been in this for more than 6 years and have 5 trucks.I have a new cen MT SPEC and had overheating issues from the start and Im not a rookie that doesnt know how to tune.I narrowed it down to an airleak,but wasnt going to tear it down and fix myself.Isnt that what warranty coverage is for?This thing would overheat chugging rich on 20%.So I decided to pack it up and follow instructions for warranty claim.CEN emailed me back saying they refuse to replace/repair my engine.They tried to make me look like a dum rookie who doesnt know anything about this hobby,like a newbie.I have replaced the engine with an O.S.CV-RX.18 and guess what?NO MORE OVERHEATING.Nor does any of mt other 4 trucks have heating issues.After CEN pissed me off,I did some research on the net and found that I am not the only one with CEN overheating issues. The problem is more wide spread than I thought.I could have dealt with the crappy engine but this refusal to warranty coverage is a terrible thing.Their attitude twoards me was like a slap in the face.One of the worst experiences since Ive been into nitro rc.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:21 PM
CEN Racing

Default RE: CEN WARRANTY/SERVICE

Derick

Air leak is something so small that can be fixed with seal or a fuel tube change. Your motor were recieved with full of dirts outside and inside the engine. That is defintely not a engine just during break in period.

We also receive your 2 speed transmisson which was worn out. YOu told us you have about 1 gallon of fuel through it. That is somewhat acceptable but we offer to take care of that for you too

We are doing the best we can and hope you will udnerstand.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:30 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Derrick,

I can sense what you are feeling, but let me ask you a very valid question. Did you come here to flame CEN or get some help?? I have read your last 3 posts and I see you had a problem with an engine that you believe is faulty(overheating). OK, thats entirely possible. An overheating issue is very hard to diagnose. Especially, on an engine that you can't prove was broke in properly, or even it was broke in at all for that matter. Thats not to say YOU didn't break it in properly, but CEN doesn't know you from Adam. So if someone just sends in a motor with a quick note(about it overheating) without calling for support first and getting authorization, they have no choice really but to scrutinize it closely first. Then decide if the problem is mechanical or user error. If its truely mechanical, then at least they recieved the courtesy to help come to the decision, that you needed to go to the expense of mailing it in, and them the expense of having to GIVE you an engine AND mail it back. They would be a whole lot easier to get along with.. But the situation you and CEN are in now is that you are expecting them to just blindly send you a new enigine just because yor little note said so.. I have a hardtime with the fact that you just blindly sent in your motor to an address that you've never spoke to anyone there before...

Have\ing said all that, You now want to come here and rant and rave about how awful CEN was to you, think of how you were to them. Now they have to send your motor back to you for no other reason because you say so.. Have you called them yet?? Or did you just decide to flame first, then call them. Are you going to call them???

Not trying to flame you, just asking you to see it from their point of view. This hobby is not about talking trash. Its about having fun and being good to each other.

So if you have a question about how to fix your engine or what you should do now that CEN has determined that they cannot warranty your engine, Please feel free to ask, we are all here to help.

BTW did you come here asking for help before you sent that engine to CEN?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:13 AM
derrick05

No I didnt just send them an engine.I figured after 5 email and more phone messages not returned I almost gave up.After finally got somebody on the phone I was INSTRUCTED to mail them the motor reciept and note.I ran it lugging rich on20%.I probably wouldnt be so offended had they not tried to insult my intelligence.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:24 AM
derrick05

If you clean an airfilter after every run then how does dirt get in the motor?AIRLEAK!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:05 AM
The Real Dogman

I dont think CEN deliberately tried to insult your intellegence. Think about it YOU sent them a dirty engine,, Duh clean it up before you send it. And if it was that dirty then it was definitely NOT just broke in.. It would seem to me if I were in CEN's shoes, I would have denied you too..There are so many people trying to scam, that WE all need to be more vigilant against that activity, to keep the cost of the HOBBY down..

snickering and shaking my head in disbelief thinking "I can't believe you sent them a dirty engine" wow

how long have you really had that truck?? Worn trannies dont happen overnight, or even after 1 gallon of fuel.. My nemesis has about 7 gallons thru it and I've replaced only the piston and sleeve. Just now I feel the drive cups need to be replaced.

So no sir I do not believe for 1 second that motor only has one gallon thru it..

EDIT:What makes it harder for you is that CEN even came in here to your thread to offer their hand, They didn't have to do that, so...Tell us how long have you really had it??
Old 05-12-2007, 01:28 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah, If you have just broken it in properly... there should be no dirt outside or inside the engine. In fact, it should never have left the pavement really.

As for the tranny, The funfactor series do have very poor spur gears and I know I have gone through transmissions in less than a gallon.

BUT NOT just in break in. There shouldnt be enough stress on the engine for the first quart or two to do any damage at all.

Sounds to me like you have driven it a bit more than you've said. Maybe not, IDK. But like TRD says, if you are trying to scam a new engine... Clean it up so at least it ay appear you are telling the truth. LOL.[sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 05-12-2007, 07:52 AM
derrick05

OKAY.Im not going in circles with you guys about this.I NEVER TOLD CEN THAT THE ENGINE BROKE DURING BREAK-IN.Imade it clear to them,more than once that I ran 4 1/2 gallons but still under warranty.As for the gears,the pilot shaft broke causing the gears to strip.CEN did agree to replace but its been nearly two months and I have yet to see anything.Thats the part that broke during break in.As for dirt on the engine,I DRIVE THE TRUCK OFF-ROAD,THE TRACK,DIRT.Who gives a flying crap about a little dirt on the engine?Still doesnt change the fact that IT WAS A LEMON.Im not saying this would happen to anybodyelse and if CEN is good to you then so be it.My only point is that they werent to ME.Im not going to kiss anybodys behind after I have already spend my hard earned cash.Theres a lot more I could say but Im gonna be done with it.My only point is if it happened to me it could happen to the next man.Not saying it will but the possibility is there.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:43 AM
The Real Dogman

Well, Derrick, there is always a possibilty that someome wont feel they were treated the way THEY think they should be.. I'll give you that..

Are you telling me you ran 4 1/2 gallons in less than 60 days??
Old 05-12-2007, 07:16 PM
.46NitroAddict

Hi Guys,

I agree with TRD, that's alot of fuel.

Here in Australia at my LHS that's over AU$300 (US$250), worth. Man you must have a good budget!

Enjoy it, .46NitroAddict[>:]
Old 05-12-2007, 09:05 PM
CrazyMento

Dude, i cant image you even try to ask for warranty after 4.5 gallons of fuel. Call another brand and see if they will even bother to work with you if you ran 4.5 gallon through the engine. YOu should be luck they even warranty the spur gears for you

if you own 4x other trucks, you should know that "little dirt" in engine = dead engine... no questions ask.... lol.. try to learn about nitro car before you complaints... it really just make you look stupid..
Old 05-13-2007, 08:15 AM
derrick05

WOW!You guys sure are quick to judge.I think I see now.If you get on here and praise CEN and kiss their behinds like THE REAL CATGIRL,then Im sure they would do you right.All you people on the outside looking in,thinking youre the ultimate authority,the RC god,you sit back and speculate.and think you know everything.1/2 gallon or 20 gallons,under warranty is under warranty.As for my other trucks,yes I do have them,as far as looking stupid,youre the only one that looks stupid because apparently you cant comprehend what you read,because if you could you would know that outside engine dirt is where my problem came from,so before you call somebody stupid it would be a good idea to comprehend english MENTO
Old 05-13-2007, 11:55 AM
The Real Dogman

Ok derrick before you blow a bearing and go postal, we can clear this whole thing up, with two very easy moves on your part.

1) Since the warranty period is 60 days, let's forget about how much fuel you have run thru the engine for a sec. Scan your purchase reciept and post it here, we'll reserve let's say three weeks to allow for the mailing and CEN's scrutiny of your engine(unless you think you need more time). we'll see how long you have owned that truck before you sent it in to CEN if you have the shipping reciept even better to prove your time frame.(CEN will coroborate the time frame)

2) The second thing you could do is post pics of your four other trucks.

If you could do those two things to prove us wrong then I personally will start a new thread titled "Don't Judge Too Quickly" and explian this whole incident and give you the credit you WOULD deserve for being misjudged too quickly. If you CANNOT produce these items, then you will issue a public appology to CEN and those you have offended here..

Pics speak a thousand words you have offered none to prove that CEN did in fact treat you wrong. SO when you come in here and flame CEN and not ask for help, just start flaming right away. Its not cool. If there is something to be learned, it would be "dont go into your neighbors house and tell them what idots they are"

We are all here to help each other out as fellow hobbists. You came in here flaming, not asking for help. Thats NOT how the hobby grows.

Your actions did not encourage growth!!

If you want help, even after this mess, just ask a question, we will be more than happy to help. And yes, as adults we can forget this and move on..Its up to you..

Remeber we are all in this hobby together..

But above all have fun!!!!

EDIT: Happy Mothers Day to all of the mothers out there!!!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
derrick05

FINALLY!Some reasonable talk,can get somowhere.I dont see how showing documents to any of you guys can help a thing.I think its only an attempt to find cause to be more judgemental,HOWEVER I have taken the dogman up on his offer.I have just send him a personal email offering to send HIM the ORIGINAL RECIEPT and pics.Not for the motor but to prove to you guys that you shouldnt have judged me as some shabby scamartist.To scam is the last thing I need to do.Especially over something you can buy new for$70.00.Oh yea,look up a member named bigal and ask him about the LST2 I sold him on this website,dont know if he has pics posted but he will gladly send if you ask.Im so glad DOGMAN made this offer.I dont want to hear NOTHINGELSE outta none of you until I recieve an email from dogman,so this can be settled once and for all.Just for your info I bought a brand new VX-.18 for$70.00 and my son ran 7 tanks today,back to back,and she never reached over260 degrees.I also run O.S. CV-RX.18 dont bragg, the only reason I bring that up or my other trucks is maybe,just maybe people will catch the hint that it has nothing to do with money.Guess some people cant take a hint.Send me that email bigguy.As they say,its time to put up or shut up.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:42 PM
CrazyMento

No one is judging you. You just need to realize that you made a mistake on letting dirt get into the engine and deal with it.

In your case, how much fuel through the engine, sales receipt, how many trucks you own, your understanding of nitro rc engine.....etc DOESNT matter at all. The bottom line is your engine has dirt in and its not going to be covered even if you only have it for 1 day. NO manufacture will cover user error like that. I dont know why you are still arguing and trying to prove that its a lemon
Old 05-13-2007, 10:47 PM
derrick05

Whats that brown stuff on your nose?CEN S T! Fill in the blanks.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:12 PM
The Real Dogman

Well derrick, I read your e-mail and thought about for awhile. Here's what I came up with. This is a public issue(you flamed CEN publically), I offered you a public means of correcting it. You responded by counter-offering to go private, well thats not how I offered it. In the spirit of the original offer I will say one more time. These two moves on your part are very easy to accomplish if it is important enough. You did not make excuses when you decided to flame CEN but you intend on making excuses when you are asked to sustantiate your claims. The real world does not work that way....

So, in your words "It's time to put up or shut up" the offer still stands as written. Post your reciept and pictures of your current trucks/collection, and I will oppologize if needed.

I dont apprieciate you sending me private e-mail to resolve a public issue created by you..... I dont play like that..

On top of that, Mento is 100% correct, all of this does not matter. You let dirt get into the engine. If there was no dirt inside the engine only on the outside of the engine, still a big mistake, live with it, own up to it, deal with it. A dirty engine does not constitute a new enough engine to be covered by warranty. A warranty in the radio control world is intended to protect against obvious manufacturers defects as well as damage due to shipping. 60days is a generous extension to that offer. In the spirit of the intended warranty, you took great advantage of that by expecting CEN to replace an engine that you clearly got some good usage out of, 4 1/2 gallons of usage. That does not show well for manufacturing defects. In fact just proves that you got great usage out of it until something went way wrong. So stop whining, buy a new piston and sleeve for your engine, rebuild it and move on. We've all had a bad day and burned an engine by mistake. If you need help locating or even rebuilding your engine, please feel free to ask....

EDIT: BTW I dont work for CEN. CEN works with us the, hobbist.

EDIT: I was looking at other threads that you have posted on, tsk, tsk, tsk.
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5751602]what about this post about amonth ago?[/link]
Old 05-14-2007, 12:01 AM
derrick05

As I stated in my email,the only reason I dont do it as you said is because I have a broken computer scanner.I still offered to get these things to you at my expense and thats the best I can do on that .If thats not good enough for you then so be it.If you or mentos paid any attention its not about the motor.I have since bought 2 motors for it and still run that truck every day.As for the dirt in the engine, I dont dispute that.My complaint from day1 was overhaeting.due to airleak.Dirt in the engine is a SYMPTOM of airleak.Anytime an engine sucks unfiltered air its gonna suck dirt.Its like fire without smoke,you dont have one without the other.As far as you not apprieciating something,well,the feelings mutual with the comments you shot at me.But I will apologize to you dogman,because out of all the responses to this thread,it seems like youre the only one that knows a little about whats really going on in nitro rc.Not saying I agree with everything you say but thats what makes the world go around.At least you gave me an offer to redeem my prejudged soul,but seems to me that youre the one making excuses now.Im still willing to send you those things at my expense though it wont solve a thing because no matter what,I feel ripped off and theres nothing you guys can do to change it.So from here on out lets talk about nitro trucks because these personal attacks of character is just about to wake the beast and I try to leave him asleep.All respect dogman.Sorry for the email.MENTO,could you please get off my D K?Still want you guys to check out bigal on this website.His name is Allen.I sold him a LST2 on this website.It was 3 days old.The first day I didnt run it,second day I broke it in,third day crashed and broke.Paid$700.00 and 4 days later sold it to him for $150.00 on here.Does that sound like a man thats trying to beat somebody?Goodnight boys,and I will rattle your chains again in a day or two.GO BURN SOME NITRO(NOT ME)Sure is fun gettin you guys going.Youre more upset thanI am and im the one that took a loss.PEACE to the DOGMAN.Mento,your comments to or about me is like pissin in the wind.Oh,you got some more of that brown cen stuff on your nose.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:41 AM
derrick05

Yes dogman I have written several positive articles on cen products,on this website and others. I have highly recommended cen prodects and was even going to become a CEN dealer.I still love that little truck and to hell with the motor,done bought two and am still going to buy a NEMESIS.Its just how they handled me.They took one look at the engine and made up their mind what the deal was.I know this for a fact because I was on the phone with them and he kept yelling about the dirty outside of the engine.He admitted that he hadnt even took it apart.So maybe I should have cleaned it .My fault,but does that negate the fact that it was a lemon?if I sell you a real car under warranty and it breaks,I cant tell you no because the engine was dirty.Dogman I just payed close attention to your last response,and all that I DONT PLAY LIKE THAT, is kind of offensive.Sort of like you want to take it to a different level.I want to keep civilized conversation.Not going to play web warrier games.WEB WARRIER=A mighty bad man behind keyboard and mouse.I know,youre gonna get on here with a loaded gun and go for my head again,but this wouldnt be as much fun if I didnt know I could rattle your chains and youre all to hell.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:49 AM
The Real Dogman

relax derrick I'm done with you. I hope you enjoy your new nemesis or gst or whatever you decide to get. If you need any help please feel free to ask. In fact if you have any positive help feel free to offer. We are all here to help each other. g'night

Old 05-14-2007, 06:14 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

I come here to relax. Now I gotta go talk to my therapist !
Old 05-14-2007, 10:39 AM
rolland

All I have to say is that if you have had an overheating problem since day 1 and then have continued to run 4 1/2 gallons of fuel through the engine then you willfully destroyed the engine, manufacturer defect or not. Remember that heat and lack of oil is the killer of these little engines.
You made a statement about new auto's and warranty's. Here is another senario for you, if you had a new car that leaked oil and never checked or replaced the oil, then drove it for 20,000 miles and the engine blew up I seriuosly doubt that it would be covered also.
With warranty's the manufacturer needs to be told of the problem when it arises not when a catastrophic failure happens. I do believe that is neglect on your part not theirs.

Flame away if you feel the need to but chances are I will not respond to this post again.

rolland
Old 05-14-2007, 05:01 PM
.46NitroAddict

Hey derrick05,
ORIGINAL: derrick05

...........and I will rattle your chains again in a day or two.GO BURN SOME NITRO(NOT ME)Sure is fun gettin you guys going.Youre more upset thanI am.......
Considering that this forum is a free service offered to us all, by RCU, so we can help each other out, & get the info we need on our chosen interest/s, don't you think it is time you grew up & dropped this. Stop wasting valuable server space. We all know your fellings on this subject. You have made your point, now go & burn some nitro & get on with life..........

.46NitroAddict[>:]
Old 05-14-2007, 10:12 PM
derrick05

Thanks dogman.Thats what I wanted.I have been done flaming.Just from communucating on here with you,I will admit that I respect your opinion.Probably gonna need your help with the NEMESIS.From what I have read,the only flaw with the NEMESIS is weak axles.I hear that CEN knows of the problem and will replace with stronger upgrades.Guess we will cross that bridge when we get to it.Sorry for dragging this out so long,I have been over the cen thing but it became personal when I was judged by people that dont know s t about me.As long as blows are being thrown at me,I have to throw back,sorry guys ,its in my bloodline(redboy,chinamen and jeep).I changed the pinion gears today to 15/18 and adjusted the shift point on my MT SPEC and although I dont have a speed gun,I know I had that thing running at LEAST 55mph.My son was running my MGT and I tell you,I gave him hell with the cen.He could bust me out of the hole,but didnt take me long to walk him down.Not to sure if he could really bust me out of the hole because I have to run the cen so rich that she bogs coming out of the hole,but we had a day of fun with no breakage or fried motors.Its been real fellas.I do have 1 more shot out,ROLLAND,I couldnt give a S T less about what post you decide to respond to.Doesnt affect me one way or the other.Sorry guys,he took the first shot. .46nitro addict,I couldnt agree with you more.What you said makes more sense than any response so far.LETS GO BURN ONE(a gallon)
Old 05-15-2007, 01:04 PM
redbaron9898
My Feedback: (2)

i have a cen matrix and it is always over heating and i think that thier is a leak inside of the engine too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.