Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Genesis/GST/Nemesis Supercharger

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Genesis/GST/Nemesis Supercharger

Old 07-04-2007, 01:42 AM
cyberskunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genesis/GST/Nemesis Supercharger

LOL, can you imagine. Has anybody fitted this or driven a vehicle fitted with a supercharger, will this make a big difference or not.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNSD7&P=7
Old 07-04-2007, 01:49 AM
dStruct714

Default RE: Genesis/GST/Nemesis Supercharger

Wow that's madness, I mean anyone whose driven or even seen a GST in action for that matter, knows it's not a toy. But to slap a supercharger to an already ridiculously powerful motor would be like bolting on NOS to a Lamborghini or something.

I do wonder though if it really does do anything at all, I mean I'm sure it would change the characteristics of the motor but would you see major power gains, like in real world full scale engines?

Anyone own one? =)
Old 07-04-2007, 02:54 AM
cyberskunk

they even have NOS systems. I am really thinking of building a dragster now, this could be fun.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPXU3&P=SM
Old 07-04-2007, 03:20 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

The supercharger will do almost nothing. Every taken a nitro engine apart? Notice that when the piston is at BDC both the intake and exhaust ports are open.

A supercharger works by forcing more fuel and air into your cylinder creating pressure (boost). think about it, if both ports are open, you cannot create any pressure, all that will happen is the extra fuel and air will go in the intake and out the exhaust without ever burning.

So basically, the only boost you will see is the amount created by the backpressure from your exhaust system. BUT on a two stroke this basically happens anyway due to the resonation of the exhaust pipe. AND you will be using up a bunch of extra fuel with very little to no power gains.

you may have heard of SC becing used on 2 stroke dirtbikes etc... SC are somewhat effective on those engines due to the use of reed valves, which our Nitro RC engines do not have.

AKA USELESS SCAM

The nos on the other hand, I have seen in action on a baja 5b, gas engine on those mind you. But the guy had the nost tank set up on a 3rd channel on his tx. So, he would get the baja up to speed and then release the nos. I have to say, it was insane [X(]

Not positive how that would tanslate to a nitro engine, but personally I would be wary of destroying the crank, conrod, or wristpin due to the elevated RPMs. Could be worth a try if you are not afraid of possibly throwing away some money on an engine.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:47 AM
The Real Dogman

Dustin is absolutely correct on the supercharger,, IMHO its a waste of money!! The nitrous, however would be the way to go if you want get more power out of any engine, you would have to valve down the nitrous feed so you dont burn your engine. You will increase the temp of your engine, so you wont want it on for very long.

I just dont need any more power, so...
Old 07-04-2007, 11:41 PM
burningpoo

That's what i was thinking...but I only know so much...thought that the .46 was a lower rpm engine...how much stress could the crank and rod take at a high rpm like the nos should give? Don'd know the spec's for the .46 but what can it take?

CEN...can you help? Do you know how the engine will take it after a bunch of runs...knowing it will kill it faster...don't mean to call you out but I'm wondering if anyone of you have tryed...

just a thought...
Old 07-05-2007, 12:05 AM
The Real Dogman

Original by Burningpoo:

don't mean to call you out but I'm wondering if anyone of you have tryed...
No problem poo, a very valid question. No I have not tried Nitrous on this engine, but I have on 1:1 engine with great power gains and it has been proven on 1:1 engines, but your question is a very good one....

Old 07-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Scott_GTR

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

......You will increase the temp of your engine, so you wont want it on for very long....
TRD,

Surly it'll run cooler with Nitrous???

I'd say the main problem will be the extra stress on the internals combined
with the Nitrous washing out the lubrication from the bearings and sleeve. [:@][:@]
Old 07-05-2007, 07:27 PM
The Real Dogman

Hey Scott,

nice to see ya again.. Well somebody correct me if I'm wrong Nitromethane has a minor cooling effect, Nitrous Oxide introduces Oxegen thus leaning the fuel:air ratio thus creating heat..

And yes you would have to jet down the nitrous to keep the internals much happier..
Old 07-05-2007, 07:29 PM
The Real Dogman

Opps first double post,,,sorry guys!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:53 PM
dStruct714

Correct,

Nitro Methane is actually the engines cooling system, a lot of 1/4 mile guys run it because you can do away with all the weight of a standard cooling system and radiator required when running gasoline, etc.

As for Nitrous, it will lean the hell out of a motor, so much so that in the world of racing they have what's called "dry" and "wet" NOS systems, dry being a system that does nothing but inject Nitrous into an engine, usually with a fogger on the intake and it relies on the stock fuel system to boost the fuel pressure and maintain the fuel mixture. Wet systems actually inject raw Nitrous and Gasoline into the engine simultaneously to keep the mixture correct, usually due to the stock fuel system not being able to match the amount of fuel needed for the Nitrous, and is usually injected directly into the engines intake ports (direct port nitrous injection).

I would think this would be a bad idea for a tiny little nitro engine, unless you're running a dragster and need every single little bit of power and don't mind rebuilding your entire motor after a single run. Also NOS is not easy or cheap to come by, a 20lbs. bottle last I checked was about $70 to fill.

But I would never run this NOS bottle on my 94 Camaro Z28, well at least on the street, that just wouldn't be right... >)