Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

So I Got A Nemisis And Im Takeing It To The Track

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

So I Got A Nemisis And Im Takeing It To The Track

Old 08-01-2007, 11:40 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I Got A Nemisis And Im Takeing It To The Track

So i picked up a nemisis 7.7 yesturday used for 50 bucks almost RTR all i need to get it working is one tierod end and the radio box covers ...........when i got it it was very dirty so at the moment i em waiting for it to dry as i took it apart yesturday and cleaned it out completly about a hour ago but i have a few question since im not really fimilar with this CEN TRUCK (ive have/had ever other popular MT on the market so no this is not another NEWBE thread)

first question........im planning on takeing it to the track just to mess around with i race a mugen mbxt5 prospec and id like to take the CEN as a back up so if my truggy breaks for some reson i could have aleast something else to play with............what i would like to know what would be a good choice to start off with diff fluids????? its a tight track so i need something to get me around the track that can handle............i dont need perfection for now but i dont wanna drive a tank around the track

2) whats a good starting point for shock oil????? also should i put limiters in the shock to drop the truck a little???

3)what kinda of gear ratio should i look into geting??? some for low end punch im not familar with the internal gear ratios in this truck so help me out with what witch clutch bell to use

4)whats up with this little ball end cup thing that links from the servo to servo saver???? looks kinda crappy to me??? is there an OFFCIAL upgrade to that or should i just make myself a beefier linkage??

5)the motor is still in good shape looks like it will run fine i took the head off and the piston/sleeve had a nice brown color to it BUT i dout ill like to keep this engine in there i saw a guy by the name BLACK RAIN drop a novarossi 528 in one of these and ill probably do the same but............how did he do it??? (hopefully he responds since ive seen he knows alot about this truck since he races his) i was thinking maybe a savage motor mount and drilling my own holes in the engine plate??? maybe i dont know

6)The arms look kinda wimpy do they hold up well???

7)also when i got it .........it came with a set of 50 something series bowtie type wheels......im drive it like that for now but ill probably get WAY SMALLER wheels.......... do truggy size wheels work well on this truck??? i was thiking maybe crimefighters/bowtiers (offset ofrcoarse)

8) how much tourqe do the stock servos punch out????

for not thats all i can think off please help out with any informantion u can give ill post some real nice pics of the truck in about 2 hours
Old 08-01-2007, 12:50 PM
jombo

Default RE: So I Got A Nemisis And Im Takeing It To The Track

click on my name and check out my nemesis on my models. i have the nemesis shocks on the 3rd hole and it lowers the a-arms to almost level, the bowties will work if you can get the rims in 23mm or the xtm 17mm rims will also work for the 40 series tires. for the track i like the xtm tires on now that you see in the pisture because the track i go to is very loose and the bowties kick out too much. for shock oil i used a 45 weight, it has held up well . evey thng else is all stock on mine except those mods that i mentiond. for a 28 motor to fit you need to make some motor mounts or re drill the ones there to make it work. i personally think it would be easier just to get some bar stock and make some your self.
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
MiamizFinest

Thanks for the info any else have any imput???? either way here is some pic of my nemisis clean and almost ready..........i found a tierod end so all i need is the radio box covers and the clutch bell ( i 4got to mention that before) check out the pics tell me what u think i even took one compared to my street revo............DAM THIS NEMISIS is big!!!

PS i already dropped the truck a little

Old 08-01-2007, 04:03 PM
blackrain

you got that thing at a great price i wish it was me. to put a 28 on it you need to mod the stock engine mount. i would up grade the steering servo first, as far as setups go theres some on Cens website thats built around the stock motor. I dont think mine would work well for you since im running a .28 and using a 4 shock setup with bumpers removed. i use maxx size rims on crime fighters 1/2 offset or some time non off set diff 5,20,3 50 weight oil all around white springs. jr9000t steering jr650 throttle i use to run some custom sway bars but i priffer it without it. roll bar removed not needed with a .28 since it sits lower. my nova is on my lst2 now im running the lrp spec3 on it with a jp1 pipe and 17/21 clutchbell. i preffer the nova on it better though will switch back, better power to weight ratio or pick up a picco p3.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:19 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: blackrain

you got that thing at a great price i wish it was me. to put a 28 on it you need to mod the stock engine mount. i would up grade the steering servo first, as far as setups go theres some on Cens website thats built around the stock motor. I dont think mine would work well for you since im running a .28 and using a 4 shock setup with bumpers removed. i use maxx size rims on crime fighters 1/2 offset or some time non off set diff 5,20,3 50 weight oil all around white springs. jr9000t steering jr650 throttle i use to run some custom sway bars but i priffer it without it. roll bar removed not needed with a .28 since it sits lower. my nova is on my lst2 now im running the lrp spec3 on it with a jp1 pipe and 17/21 clutchbell. i preffer the nova on it better though will switch back, better power to weight ratio or pick up a picco p3.

Sounds real good how did it modd the stock engine plate??? did u use a tap and die set?? mind shareing that info with me??? this first thing im doing is geting another JR 9000T servo i run one in my mugen truggy but ill need to pic another one up........is the stock servo that bad???? i could order a 9000t tomorrow and get it by early next week BUT ill probably be able to run the truck tomorrow once i pick up the clutch bell and radio covers

i wanan keep the 8 shocks for now whats a good weight oil for when ur useing all 8??? also i already moved them to the hole closed to the wheel postion.......

also what can i expect from the stock motor??? since as long as i rember everyone says it sucks is it a pain to tune???? ive only seen one in person and the guy driveing it had no idea what he was doing and it was super lean................what temps can i expect from this engine??? blackrain thanks are you still raceing at mills pond????i dont spor hearing about how great it is i hopeing to make it up there one of these days real soon
Old 08-01-2007, 04:27 PM
blackrain

If you plan on racing the stock engine, check out some of the setups in area 51 on Cen website and look in PPman section he has some sweet tips and wicked nemesis race videos. I tried 40 series size tires with stock engine you will loose a lot of topend but for a small track you should be fine. If anything check and see if yours have the upraded axles the original ones were weak, the new ones use a very small set screw. The truck is basically bullet proof after that. im currently shopping around to buy a second one also i beleive i still have modded engine mount pics
Old 08-01-2007, 04:33 PM
blackrain

i did everything on the mount with a dremmel and drill bit and used long screws and lock nuts to mount the engine to engine mount. i basically cut out that center piece of the mount that looks like a heat sink so it became a 2 piece mount not one
Old 08-01-2007, 04:36 PM
MiamizFinest

jsut wondering have u ever bein to the miami r/c raceway??? thats the track ill be useing it on.........this is not going to be a keeper car unless it really impresses me im keepy it till i buy my LST2 well see how it goes ill let u know if and when i sell it

please show me ur engine mount when u get a chance thank you
Old 08-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Scott_GTR

I'd get a cover on that gearbox access hole unless you want crud getting in the and killing your 'box.

Also, did you add extra holes on your lower suspension arm?
Mine only have 2 holes where it looks like yours has 3.

At $50, it looks like the bargain on the century!!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
blackrain

Old 08-01-2007, 06:18 PM
blackrain

i scent you a pm if you have any question
Old 08-01-2007, 06:30 PM
blackrain

heres a old pic
Old 08-01-2007, 07:26 PM
jombo

ORIGINAL: Scott_GTR

I'd get a cover on that gearbox access hole unless you want crud getting in the and killing your 'box.

Also, did you add extra holes on your lower suspension arm?
Mine only have 2 holes where it looks like yours has 3.

At $50, it looks like the bargain on the century!!!!!

if thats directed to me the third holes are close to the 2 together. the third hole was originally for the overhead shock on the genesis le and once the shocks are in those holes not only does it lower it it also makes it handle great( you could do digger donuts on the lawn and not flip over but i must warn you doing so you will lose a drive cup i did)
it also stops the shocks from hitting the steering servo( the only bad design on cens part).

the batt cover dont bother getting a new one just put the batt ontop the reciever cover.if the original owners didnt remove the failsafe do so now it wil save you problems down the road and add a throttle return spring. dont worry to much which hexes will fit the axles because they use a 8mm axle so your choises of rims are almist endless 17mm 19mm23mm and lst2 axles 20mm,oh yea i tried them with the atx tires from the lst2, it looks cool with those tires.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:04 PM
The Real Dogman

Hey Picture Pages!!!!!! Here's a couple-o-mine!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72461.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	733962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49411.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	733963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68422.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	88.3 KB