Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

cen magnum nc clutch bell with gears.

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

cen magnum nc clutch bell with gears.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:02 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: cen magnum nc clutch bell with gears.

ORIGINAL: derrick05

Great information.This is a new one on me,wich is exactly why I said maybe someone else has a better solution.I notice you give only one part number.Is this the only steel clutch bell that will work?I guess what Im getting at is I like the ability to run different gear ratios,depending on the situation.There is a pretty wide selection of the stock pinions.All it takes is to screw them off and threadlock them back on.Do I still have the same wide selection of gear ratios as with the stock pinions,or is this a non-changable clutch bell.If this is the one with the pinions permanately fixed to the clutchbell,I ordered one from cen direct,and after two low-speed jumps,I landed and my engine would rev but my truck wouldnt move[:@]After inspection,the cause was that those steel pinions were broke loose from the clutch bell.They were sitll attached but the weld or whatever attaches the gears to the bell had failed on the very first run.I have an O.S. CVRX.18 on mine.Maybe to much but I had real issues with the stock motor.I will take any feedback because my MAGNUM is on the shelf at this time due to this problem.This is exactly why I think theres a need for a slipper-clutch here,but thats just my opinion so dont throw a rod

The pinions just thread on, and the threads are the wrong type. Engine torque works to loosen. They hold fine for the NT16/NT18, but an 18 CV-RX has the torque to unthread them. Mine held fine, due to my propensity to leave my engines too rich(D'OH), but when I threw the stock tuned pipe from a side-exhaust NTC3 on mine, fuel mix went perfect and I went a quarter tank before it unthreaded first. Before that gear came unthreaded, however...omg it would spin all four tires on every surface in my yard! Also, my truck is the ancestor of the Magnum, but the damn drivetrains are identical between the two :P
Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 PM
derrick05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And your point is?????
Old 08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

They work great- I am certain you will be happy with the newest up-grade.
No upgrade there,just a fix to a problem of bad parts.Yea Im back here,I just cant let it go.Why do you guys expect us to pay for your problem?These trucks are terrible.The new gears wont solve anything because everytime this truck is jumped something breaks.The plastic spurs usually srtip,but when all that is upgraded to the steel,the diffs blow.No slipper and no center diff to absorb the stress only leaves one option,TO BREAK.So this is just a poor design from the start.I also had to buy an engine under warranty,user error,but funny how all engine problems left after the O.S. got on thereI emailed CEN a couple days ago,once again pleading with them for a quiet reasonable solution,and of course,no answer.I never have a problem contacting them if its sales related.I offered several solutions(free fix it gears,trade in on NEMESIS parts,partial refund,anything)I cant use this product wich is no fault of mine.Its not just me,look around.Im not saying anything CEN doesnt know,Im just wondering what its going to take to get them to own up to it.Even FORD admits when they mess up and do a recall.Everyone of these trucks should have been recalled.I know you get a lot of people on here going crazy when the real problem is inexperience,but what about when its your fault? Do you plan on making it right?Making a fix for your mistake and asking us to pay for it isnt a solution at all[:@]
Old 08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: offroadfury

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

We are working on a fix for the pinion gears so they will work with the cnc spur gears and not have any issues we are still in prototype phases and trying to come up with the best solution that will still keep the cost down so it will not be expensive to buy the parts.
We already solved that problem for you. Take the designs from the aluminum 11-19t pinions you already have made and make them out of steel. HOW HARD IS THAT? It doesn't take a staff meeting to come up with a plan that we have already solved. You knew this was going to be an issue when you released the CNC Spurs and your just know thinking of what to do. The spurs and pinions should have been released at the same time or shortly after.
Wow,someone else that agrees with me