Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Want good beast for racing.....advice?

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Want good beast for racing.....advice?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:22 AM
HarleyGal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want good beast for racing.....advice?

Hi guys, well you all know I only just got my GST a month or so ago, (that being my first nitro) and yes..... I'm already looking around for another one Yeah that dam bug you all talk about, it bit me good and proper LOL I love my GST, it is a great truck so far, but I'm also keen on finding one that's more suited to racing on a track. Some mates have a small private track, nothing huge, but the GST really makes it look smaller than it is and the GST just takes up too much of the track getting around the corners etc. Now I only really brought the GST for bashing, so that's fine, i love it for that. Having given racing a bit of a go, I kinda like it, so would like a good RC for racing, that's where you all come into the picture, he he he, come on, out with it, give me your advice and opinions........pleaseeeeeeeee

I am thinking about the Nemesis since the parts for the 2 (it and the GST) would be the same or similar in some cases and I could have universal spares. But I am open to ideas and suggestions. The main thing for me, is I personally don't really like the really low buggy style of RC so it needs to be either a truck or truggy or stadium truck, anything but a low buggy basically

Thanks heaps for reading this and for any advice you can give me
Old 03-24-2008, 06:10 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Want good beast for racing.....advice?

Hey HarleyGal,

I as you may know already, I have the Nemesis, Genesis LE and the Matrix TR Arena. I love my bigger trucks for shock and awe and I run the Arena for racing! I think you would be very happy with the Arena for your on track fix!!

The Arena has some really cool and race required features like cross pin diffs, SH .28 engine, Aluminum Shocks, 3 Diff drive train which is very tunable using diff w oils, Front and Rear Tunable Disk Brakes and an Extremely tunable Suspension. I am very biased towards CEN products but they seem to stand up to my kind of abuse very well.

Thats my opinion!! And I'm sticking to it!!
Old 03-24-2008, 06:42 AM
derrick05

Yea,what TRD said.Even though my relationship with CEN started a little on th rough side,I am also biased to their,GENESIS/NEMESIS /MATRIX.Only for one reason though,because my NEMESIS is the baddest,toughest RC Ihave ever owned.Its the only one that something doesnt break with every gallon,and is as tough as advertised.Dont think the NEMESIS would be the right choice if youre trying to combat oversized problems because the NEMESIS is no smaller than the GST.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:44 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Yup ... Matrix arena tr would be a good choice. You can bash or race it. As with any RTR, be prepared to make a few changes to it. From all I've read, it's fairly capable out the door. Mine is prepped and about ready to go. I have no race plans.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 AM
HarleyGal

Ok thanks for that guys. Yeah i looked at the specs on the Nemesis after i did my post and realised it was the same size as the GST, so I guess it's out now. It's funny though cause i seem to have read alot about the nemesis winning at a lot of races and stuff, so I thought it must have been well suited to racing, so i'm glad you have cleared that up for me.

So you have me looking at the Matrix TR Arena now, and I do like the look of it. So would any of the parts for it be compatible with the GST, like any parts that are universal between the 2 models? Also, I see it comes as a RTR truggy or as a Kit form. Is it better to buy one over the other, and is the kit like a 1000 peice jigsaw or is it partially assembled and fairly simple and easy to put together?

Are there any mods that are a must do to the Matrix TR Arena? It's just like i said about the GST, here in Australia parts for CEN's are hard and expensive to obtain, so most things I end up ordering from over in your country, LOL So if there are any extras that are basically a must have, could you let me know, so that I can order them at the same time as the truggy. (Like with the GST, i ended up getting the Hitec steering servo, the ofna value, and after market air filter.)

Yeah you know, I'm wanting to pick your brains, you guys know all the tricks and tips, so share, he he he, I'm a girl in amoung all the boys, I need all the help and tips I can get, LOL [sm=lol.gif][sm=idea.gif] Thanks heaps
Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: HarleyGal

Ok thanks for that guys. Yeah i looked at the specs on the Nemesis after i did my post and realised it was the same size as the GST, so I guess it's out now. It's funny though cause i seem to have read alot about the nemesis winning at a lot of races and stuff, so I thought it must have been well suited to racing, so i'm glad you have cleared that up for me.

So you have me looking at the Matrix TR Arena now, and I do like the look of it. So would any of the parts for it be compatible with the GST, like any parts that are universal between the 2 models? Also, I see it comes as a RTR truggy or as a Kit form. Is it better to buy one over the other, and is the kit like a 1000 peice jigsaw or is it partially assembled and fairly simple and easy to put together?

Are there any mods that are a must do to the Matrix TR Arena? It's just like i said about the GST, here in Australia parts for CEN's are hard and expensive to obtain, so most things I end up ordering from over in your country, LOL So if there are any extras that are basically a must have, could you let me know, so that I can order them at the same time as the truggy. (Like with the GST, i ended up getting the Hitec steering servo, the ofna value, and after market air filter.)

Yeah you know, I'm wanting to pick your brains, you guys know all the tricks and tips, so share, he he he, I'm a girl in amoung all the boys, I need all the help and tips I can get, LOL [sm=lol.gif][sm=idea.gif] Thanks heaps
No check valve needed. A good steering servo is advised and the CNC steering Bellcrank is a MUST. Other than that, you are good to start and sort things out from there. Don't count on any interchange of parts with your GST. Dog and I both went Hitec 645 on the throttle servo and I went a Hitec 5955TG on steering. You can get by on the stock throttle ok and something less costly on the steer probably. OH ... and I assume you already have a 5 cell hump pack for the GST ?? You can get another OR use the one you have. One last thing. Unless you are dead serious on competitive racing, I would stay clear of the kit ... exspensive ... you'd need to add motor, radio, servos, whls, tires, misc ... unless you have deep pockets and money to burn.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:38 PM
HarleyGal

Thanks Nomobux, I'll steer well clear of the kit then, RTR will be the go for me then, LOL Actually the only thing that i still want fairly urgently for the GST that I haven't got yet, is the hump pack, I was going to buy one off ebay but then I was unsure if the charger would work over here in Aus, so then I was going to bite the bullet and buy locally, but just forget each time i go to town, (hour and a half away). So I must get on to that.

So what's the deal with the servo's on these vehicles? You would think that CEN would just put stronger servos on them if they are basically a must do anyway? The hitec 5595TG made a big difference on the GST, and I'm using strong rechagable batteries until I get a hump pack and charger. I brought the Hitec servo locally, and boy it was expensive, so might try and get it online this time, save a few dollars

so what is this CNC steering bellcrank? [&:]

Any suggestions on the best place to buy the Matrix TR Arena from? Just go directly through CEN like I did with my GST? I probably won't be able to for a a couple of weeks, but then I'll be ordering and pacing around waiting for delivery, LOL. Oh and the must haves, servos and this CNC steering bellcrank, any suggestions on where to get them?

Thanks yet again