Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

When did CEN switch from the Airtronics Radio to Skyion

Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

When did CEN switch from the Airtronics Radio to Skyion

Old 10-30-2008, 11:07 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When did CEN switch from the Airtronics Radio to Skyion

I just received my CEN matrix buggy and one of the main reasons I bought it was due to the high quality Airtronics Radio it came with. Every store I have seen and even the box shows it comes with an Airtronics Radio but it didn't.

If you are going to make a switch that is fine, but change your box art and make sure your stores are aware of the change. I did not get what I was expecting to get. The high quality radio is one of the reasons I went with this buggy over others.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:13 PM
NitroVette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When did CEN switch from the Airtronics Radio to Skyion

Yeah the Skyion radio does have a real cheap feel to it but it works OK. To their credit it does have EPA, model memory, and ABS which most RTR radios don't. I thought the MG 16 is a decent enough truck to warrant a better radio system so I put a Futaba PCM receiver in it. My son is the primary driver and I have to say the truck can really be dialed in nicely with a good radio system, he controls it with my old radio, a 3PJS and I have it programmed into my 3PKS also. For what it's worth I put the Skyion in a beat up OFNA buggy that I let my friends use or just bring as a backup for a long day of bashing, it's not bad as long as you use a failsafe but I wouldn't trust it without one.