Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

i thought they were good

Old 11-16-2009, 11:40 PM
BRUSSER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i thought they were good

it was in my mind to buy a cen car but after reading and hearing all the horror stories from cen customer service i think i keep looking
for a better racing car[:@]
Old 11-19-2009, 04:02 PM
azzman

Default RE: i thought they were good

yea, i would....
Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
SAVAGEJIM

The only Cenchain RCs that I find have been more or less trouble free are the Matrix (buggy) and the Genesis/Nemesis trucks (now called the GST and the racing version, GSR).

I know from first hand the GST is a great chassis and it is a bulletproof roller. The massive NX7.7cc just turns too damn slow for my taste. Other than that, it is a wonderful RC. It will outbash any of my Savages (and this is coming from a hard core Savage fan). I have totllay destroyed a Savage no less than 3 times, but I have yet do destroy my CEN truck or even damage something to where it is out of commission. It is a great truck and I recommend it for someone who wants to bash hard core.

As for Cenchain CS, Cenchain needs to fire their US CS people and hire new people. These guys are arrogant and try to convince you that you dont have a problem.
I do this for my truck: if there is something wrong, I fix it myself. And as much as it might hurt me to do so, if there is a factory problem, I eat it and just buy the part myself and fix my own truck and totally leave the CS out of the loop.

As for an on-road car, despite my praise and total enjoyment my CEN truck has given me, there are better on-road cars out there. Shop around and find an on-roader that best fits what you want.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:41 PM
nitro-rob

I agree, SavageJim, manufacturer support isn't a big deal and other than taking care of factory defects out of the crate its best to just do all the work yourself. That to me is a big part of the hobby. All you need is a parts supply to be available.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:41 PM
wrenchnRC

Too many people forget or have never had the experience of building a car or truck form a box full of parts. With crappy instructions to boot. The hobby needs to go back to those times. If for anything else to teach the younger people in the hobby to not rely on the phone to fix everything for them. But rather use their minds to figure out the problem and fix it. That way is far more satisfying in the end.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:46 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: wrenchnRC

If for anything else to teach the younger people in the hobby to not rely on the phone to fix everything for them. But rather use their minds to figure out the problem and fix it. That way is far more satisfying in the end.
Thats right!If they're too stupid to figure it out,they blame the company for their ignorance.[>:]
Old 03-24-2010, 07:42 AM
wormburner62
My Feedback: (10)

i totally agree with everyone.  my truck is awesome and when the ME 10 TR comes out this summer i'm going to buy it. even though they treated me like i'm the biggest peice of ***** on this planet. i really like the trucks. don't blame the product and don't count on cen customer service.

Its only a 60 day warranty anyways and more then likely you'll be out of warranty before anything happens anyways, so there should be no need to call them anyways.  Which is the way they want it!

"buy our product then F#%k off"  CEN company motto!