RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   NX7.6 engine stalling consistently (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/10518628-nx7-6-engine-stalling-consistently.html)

Dolo 05-13-2011 07:09 PM

NX7.6 engine stalling consistently

I'm really, really stumped on this. I've run 4 tanks of fuel through the engine now, so I'm getting a little tired of break-in. I want to start moving the car around, at least slowy to begin with, but Ifind that every time Istart to apply throttle, the engine stalls.

I find it consistently stalls almost as soon as Istart to open the throttle up - even when I open the throttle very, very slowy. I've found this with the HSNanywhere from 2.5 to 4.5 turns out (I swear that needle has NOaffect on tuning this engine, by the way - Ican turn it two full turns before it starts to either flood and stall, or the idle starts getting very erratic. Note that as Iopen the HSNup, Ifind I can open the throttle a bit more without it stalling, but it still stalls within a few seconds. Ihave left the LSNat approx. 1 turn out the whole time (factory setting).

I'm running approx. 25% nitro fuel, and the original R3 glow-plug that came with the car. I'm going to try a fresh LRPR4 plug for the next run, and I'm going seal the engine (It seems well sealed - the carby is solidly attached, will not move. I've had the backplate off already, and when Iput it back on Itightened the screws up well.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem? Did you find a solution (don't suggest replacing the engine - Iwill, but I'd like to at least run the current engine into the ground before Ido that)

Dolo 05-14-2011 06:00 PM

RE: NX7.6 engine stalling consistently

Ok, I thought the idle needle was the LSN.. oops.

I've played around with the LSN, HSN and idle needles a lot - nothing really makes the engine run better. I've sealed the backplate and all around the carby (Ipulled it off after a LOTof effort - should have just left it in place, in hindsight). Ican now get the car moving around without stalling, at least a little bit. Still not clear if it's running lean or rich. I've put an LRPR4 plug in, doesn't really seem to have changed anything dramatically. Very frustrated.

The OS28XZ is starting to look more and more attractive.

Binge 03-15-2021 08:09 PM

I have an nx-76 motor and what I found works best is forget the factory settings for the idle you pinch the fuel line and if it revs up for 3 to 5 seconds that's proper, then the high speed you turn it all the way down till it's seated and then turn two and a half turns out to 2 and 3/4 turns out on the low speed you turn it one out from flush and mine starts up every time I use it number four glow plug which is hot plugand it burns all the fuel up and continues to run if it's warm out or cold out you have to adjust accordingly but mine starts on the first Pole every time