RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   The CEN on-road thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/3380476-cen-road-thread.html)

Frank88888888 09-21-2005 03:27 PM

The CEN on-road thread

1 Attachment(s)
This thread is didicated to all cen on-road cars post yours pics, post your complains, post your crash story, post your websites to buy upgrades, post whatever you want about on-road CEN cars.......

Well here are some older pics of my tr4 its before i got ne upgrades. Il post some newer pics as soon as i take them.That shinyness you see on the lights in the last pics is a lighting kit i have instaled in the body i just couldnt take the flash off the camera so you really can not see the actual lights.

Scouser 09-21-2005 04:15 PM

RE: The CEN on-road thread

Good luck with the new thread mate. You know, I have just been looking at the pictures of the CT4R on the CEN website and the top deck layout seems remarkably similar to your TR4. The engine, fuel and electronics all appear to be in the same place. That means that it could be possible to use the CT4Rs' carbon top plate on your car. Worth a thought!

customrccars 09-21-2005 05:05 PM

Hey Everyone,
This should be a good thread. Just letting everyone know we carry all replacement and CEN factory upgrade parts. We also can get them to you in just a few days usually.
Thanks,
Chris

www.customRCcars.com

Frank88888888 09-21-2005 07:07 PM

wow i never knew they were so similar im gona have to look into that, post pics of your trucks if you want it really doesnt matter

PS i already bookmarked that website

Frank88888888 09-21-2005 07:19 PM

Your right they are pretty similar but they still are a little bit different once i get some $$ il check it out and buy it if it doesnt fit il return it but i shur hope it does fit.:D

Frank88888888 09-24-2005 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics with the upgrades

Scouser 09-25-2005 05:50 AM

Looking good. Very neat top plate. You know, even if the CT top plate doesn't fit, you should be able to cut a top piece from a blank of carbon fibre without too much difficulty. Also CEN do things like carbon front and rear shock towers for the TR (#GXS29 for the front and #GXS30 for the rear). From experience, part #FFS027 makes your diffs a little stronger and run a little smoother, its the centre hub that holds the planetary gears inside the diff. If you have a look at the options for the CT on CENs' website, I'm sure some of those parts will fit the TR. If you are in doubt, email CEN directly.

Frank88888888 09-25-2005 08:29 AM

Yea i got the shock towers actualy and thanks allot for the info.

Scouser 09-25-2005 10:36 AM

Just out of interest, what do you reckon the top speed of the TR is? With the engine facing that way, you could easily drop a rear exhaust engine in there and that thing would fly!!

Frank88888888 09-25-2005 11:19 AM

To tell you the truth right now is zero because im waiting on a piston to arrive because i destroyed my other one so i dont know what the speed with the upgrades are but yea i was thinking about getting one of these two engines around cristmass when i get some money(Yes im to lazy to get a job)
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCSZ8&P=7
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3&I=LXJFY9&P=K
What do you think? I like the rossi better but it costs more and is bigger, the o.s. on the other hand is allot more confortable to instal and ive always liked o.s. engines but its smaller and less fast.

Scouser 09-25-2005 05:38 PM

Personally I would go for the O.S. Not because I dont like Rossi, but because it would allow you to compete should you ever fancy running the car competitively. It would mean getting a starter box though but it would make that little car an absolute rocket!

rolland 09-25-2005 07:48 PM

Going from the .16 to the .21 will require different motor mounts. I am not sure if you can use the CT4 mounts like the Fun Factors can. If you are not going to race competetively I sugget using the OS .18 motor. It will bolt right in and you can use the stock exhaust.

If the TR4 uses the same mounts as the FF's then you should be able to use the CT4 mounts and then switch to a big block. You will then need a new exhaust system and figure out what to do about clutch bells, Poor Judgement can help with this since he has done a big block swap.

I would personally stay with a small block. Mainly because parts availability can be difficult and the stock parts might not be able to handle the big blocks power.

rolland

r/c romper 09-27-2005 03:00 PM

JUST TO LET ALL YOU CEN RACERS OUT THERE KNOW. www.customRCcars.com HAS ALL UPGRADE AND REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR YOUR CT4-S AND ALL OTHER CEN VEHICLES. MAYBE THIS COULD BE USEFUL FOR SOME OF YOU.

Scouser 09-27-2005 03:42 PM

Jeez, r/c romper. We get it!! All of your seven posts have been links to customrccars. Please stop spamming every thread.

poor judgement 09-27-2005 06:00 PM

personally i reckon an os18 in there may be too much for it, a 21 would be silly and undriveable - imo.

16/18 is as high as u can go using cen pinions and 38/42 for cen spurs, plastic ones will be fine, lighter too. dunno what the belts and pulleys will make of it tho - its got a lot more torque than the cen 16 or 18 motor, so be prepared for probs if u do it...

rolland 09-27-2005 10:58 PM

r/c romper, I appreciate you enthusiasm but you do not need to spam every post with an add for your employer. I understand that it is a new business and you would like to get as much business as possible but if you continue like this I personally will never do business with them or recommend them.

If you can't contribute anything or have no desire to learn please stop spamming.

rolland

r/c romper 09-28-2005 02:52 PM

Hey Im honestly sorry. Alot of people who own CEN have a hard time getting replacement parts fromt their LHS. I figured people would appreciate a new place to get these replacement parts and such. If you notice I only mentioned it in CEN threads for different CEN vehicles. But once again sorry if I have upset any of you. That was not my intention at all. I though people would appreciate the information. Best Regards.

rolland 09-28-2005 09:31 PM

Yes we do appreciate it. The problem is you were blindingly posting that info in all of the CEN threads. If you were to actually look, customrccars has already posted that info in this thread and the thread in the monster truck section was about roll bars, something that only New Era sells for the MT2's. If customrccars does sell roll bars for the MT2 please let us know.
Also there are already threads pertaining to customrccars new shop. There are even threads on the stores current parts availability. A new stores success will not happen over night. My current prefered LHS is actually making money after 1 year of their opening.

rolland

r/c romper 09-29-2005 01:46 PM

That is exactly why I apologized to everyone. Like I said Iam sorry I just hear a lot of people say how hard it is to get replacement parts and such for their CEN vehicles so I was just letting people know about this site, since they really only specialize in CEN r/c vehicles. Once again though I apologize for any inconvience to this or any other thread where I may have upset of offended anyone. Best Regards.

Andrew Smolnik 09-29-2005 02:41 PM

We have a few online dealers that are reputable and from what I hear from our Sales dept. customrccars has a good reputation with product support and customerservice, as do our other online dealers. (toyhaus, ehobbies, etc)

CEN Racing has standards when it comes to dealers and we only sell to dealers that offer the proper customer service and product support, because our customers are very important to us.

Just clearing things up. Thanks guys.

Andrew
CEN

rolland 09-29-2005 09:46 PM

Anyhow back to the thread.

Frank88888888, What was the top speed of the TR4 before the motor went south? Was it the actual 50+mph?

rolland

Scouser 10-01-2005 10:57 AM

If you are considering getting a new engine, I would take a look at the Orion Wasp .12. It has been very successful in the nitro classes over here and has gained a reputation for really good reliability. Just a thought.

5150_UK 10-01-2005 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Andrew Smolnik
CEN Racing has standards when it comes to dealers and we only sell to dealers that offer the proper customer service and product support, because our customers are very important to us.
Could you please, please, please make CEN Hop-up parts and spares more available for hobby shops in the UK, as they're incredibly difficult to find and i'm not keen on forking out £25+ for shipping them from the US.

Scouser 10-01-2005 12:09 PM

5150, got to do it mate. I got all the bits I need to re-line two NT16 engines and got a new connecting rod for £50. May sound alot but one piston and liner alone over here is £30 and thats if you can find it in the first place! The UK distributor SUCKS. They are fine for the Genesis, but ask them about the Fun Factor and just listen to the bs excuses they come up with for the lack of availability. I have gone off on one about this before but I honestly feel as though the CEN brand has been held back in the UK purely due to the lacklustre attitude to its so called distributor. If the brand gets a higher profile as a result of the racing successes, I honestly think that potential new owners will be turned away by the four week wait for a spur gear or shock tower or anything else that is readily available to virtually every other brand user. There rant over. Sorry to take this thread off course again.

Frank88888888 10-03-2005 06:11 PM

I really dont know the top speed before the "accident" i could tell you a guestimate im shur that 50+ which is what the box said is a lil over the top as box speeds usually are but i did beat my freinds 4-tec which he "states he has clocked it with a radar at 65"(i dont belive him) so
it should be maybe between or at least near 45-60mph at top speed i havent driven after i instaled the up grades so it might be slightly faster.Im gona look at that waspe engine and tell uu what i think.And yea i was leaning toward geting the os engine too.