RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   Magnum NX (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/4180531-magnum-nx.html)

*Nitstklr72* 04-18-2006 01:08 PM

Magnum NX

is this a good truck does it have any big problems is it 2wd or 4wd does any body own one if so how is it how durable is it or should i get the mt or mt2 thx

CEN Racing 04-18-2006 02:12 PM

RE: Magnum NX

The Magnum NX is a 1/10th scale 4wd nitro off-road truck. It is the third generation of the Fun Factor line and actually is replacing the MT2. It has a bigger engine stock (.18) than the MT2, longer chassis, a new stadium truck body and beefier diff out drive cups.

We suggest you go with the Magnum NX, but either truck you will have a great time with!

*Nitstklr72* 05-30-2006 07:23 PM

whare can i buy diffrent tires for it i read a review and they said that that was the only con to the magnum im going to race on both loose dirt and hard packed dirt also can i put a diffrent motor in it like a o.s. .18 or even a bigger one and is it a good basher i whant to do flips and how long is the runtime with 30% fuel

dustin7837 05-30-2006 08:17 PM

OS .18 CV-RX ios a direct drop in. All you have to do is cut the header bolts down about 1/2 inch. Some good 2.2 tires to fit the magnum are the proline 2.2 masher2000's they are very light and grip on most surfaces. You can use any 2.2 tires though.

skidkid 06-05-2006 09:39 PM

I am wondering about this truck as well, it looks like it is almost identical to the talon NX? So is this magnum on par in size with the revo? I would love to race this against some of the nitro 1/10th scale HPI MT2 and Kyosho TR15's I see on the track however it looks way larger than those trucks. MAybe it is just the large tire size that makes it look like it is as large as a revo. Any feedback would be great because no one has this locally in stock for me to check out. Thanks guys.

bagolies 06-06-2006 07:56 AM

I have the Talon NX which i believe is the same except for the body and tires. I've had it abou 2 months and the only problem I had that wasn't my fault was a servo wire coming loose that I had to solder back on. I do wish there were more hop up parts available. Other than that it has been a blast to drive.

rolland 06-06-2006 10:16 PM

I think you might have to wait for Dr Honda to catch up on the FF requests first before he starts making Magnum/Talon parts but I'm pretty sure they will eventually be made. Pretty much all of the FF aftermarket parts will work on the Magnum/Talon.

rolland

riskistang 06-08-2006 02:25 AM

Well, I had this truck for about1 month....and ran it a few times due to parts aways breakin on it....
First it was the steering hub...was off roading in the dirt/grass and it snapped....gotta love plastic parts...fixed that...ran it again....

running in sand/ wood chips.....melted the gears......replaced with steel gears....got it running again

took it out to the dirt...new home constuction area......the new metal gears installed did not like the softer metal/maybe alum. motor gears....melted that.....
when I found that only 3 wheels where spinning...broke the driver side axle out of the rear diff. and cracked the rear diff.

So now I have to order and wait for more new parts......this truck is turning into a headache and a half!

Did I just get a defective all around truck?
I have a CT4S.....and it runs great for over a yr with no problems other than a high speed impact with a parked car which only broke the muffler, and a A arm....fixed and runs great....

This truck on the other hand.....thats another story!