RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   Junk Room Desk - Current State... Pics now... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/4547814-junk-room-desk-current-state-pics-now.html)

mulletman 09-05-2006 06:32 PM

RE: Junk Room Desk - Current State... Pics now...

not me, just staying with my one MT2

Look forward to hearing about the new project and good luck.

Scouser 09-06-2006 04:44 PM

Mulletman, sometimes I wish I had stuck to just having one truck. Everything seemed so much simpler then. At the moment I have the CEN (which was my first R/C), HPI Savage (2nd), GS SUT Pro (3rd), GS SUT CE #68 (4th), Tamiya electric and another GS SUT Pro in pieces!! I would thin down the collection but each was a gift from my fiance! I will take some pics ofmy workshop and show you how cramped it is getting in there.

cenracer1 09-06-2006 07:35 PM

Been thinking of possible getting the matrix buggy, not the truggy.. I have the gs sut and I love it as I see you do... will eventually get one in the spring after the new baby is born... I have 7 trucks at the moment and all are projects.. the cen being the biggest one as always....

dustin7837 09-06-2006 08:15 PM

I want a matrix pro too!
i have a FF MT2, FF rally, Genesis, and mini madness should be here any day.

But the Genesis takes up as much room as 3 ff's[sm=confused_smile.gif]

mulletman 09-06-2006 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Scouser

Mulletman, sometimes I wish I had stuck to just having one truck. Everything seemed so much simpler then. At the moment I have the CEN (which was my first R/C), HPI Savage (2nd), GS SUT Pro (3rd), GS SUT CE #68 (4th), Tamiya electric and another GS SUT Pro in pieces!! I would thin down the collection but each was a gift from my fiance! I will take some pics ofmy workshop and show you how cramped it is getting in there.
I dont get to running my truck as it is now id never be able to deal with 2,3,4 or 5 trucks(and dont have the cash)

Scouser 09-07-2006 12:41 PM

If I was told I could only keep one, I would pick the CEN FF. With me starting another project, I will definitely have to make room in the workshop. I reckon one of the SUTs will have to find a new home.[&o]

mulletman 09-07-2006 04:23 PM

all i have for a work shop is my bed room[:@](no floor space anymore)

cenracer1 09-07-2006 08:10 PM

I would def keep my ff even with all the bs that I have gone thru to get it to the point that its at... thankfully my wife doesn't care too much about what I have unless I take up more room than my alloted work area.... which by the way has slowly grown from an old dining room table to half the basement.:D... any more and I will be in trouble... As I said before, I have 7 working trucks at the moment and will prob get a matrix in the spring...I may also pick up a t-maxx roller for kicks... turn it into the ultimate wheelie machine... I have alot of BB that could use a new home... I'm not considering the FF BB mod now, because its just about right with the os 18.

Scouser 09-08-2006 06:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have missed most of this season at the track due to working. Hopefully the winter series will allow me to attend more often. The last race day had a surprise visitor, raced in the truggy class but I hope if more 1:10 trucks turn up, there will be a specific class introduced. I am only gutted I wasn't there to see it race. If a 1:10 class is started, I can see all my other trucks getting very dusty!!

poor judgement 09-08-2006 10:30 AM

I turn my back for 5 minutes...

...tut, bloody hijackers...

UPDAAAAAATE! (pityful though)

Cens BB engine mounts wont line up the flywheel with the chassis slot. The modded Ofna mounts from my SH.28 setup wont work without more mods either.

THE PLAN:

Grinder will be in the vice, and the flywheel will be in the drill... shouldnt take long, lets just hope the engine will idle ok... it needs about 1.5mm off the flywheel.

AND PLAN B: (gotta have one)

Should I just hack away at the JT chassis? Ive got a couple of good 9" cutting discs from work I could use?

cenracer1 09-08-2006 12:02 PM

sorry PJ.... just cleaned up the workspace so maybe a picture is in order..... as for the hijacking... I couldn't resist.... too much work to start a new post... :D

Scouser 09-08-2006 04:15 PM

Heck, it wouldn't be a PJ thread if we didn't hijack it and we were just killing time 'til you came back.;) (anyway, cenracer started it!!)
Put the angle grinder down and back away from the chassis!! Why not start with the things that can be replaced first! A new flywheel is a couple of quid, a new JT chassis, well thats a different story! If the flywheel experiment doesn't work, I would pick up one of the new CEN chassis' before cutting into the JT. Collectors items now mate!

Scouser 09-08-2006 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go, this is the other place I do my best work!

rolland 09-08-2006 07:41 PM

Poor Judgement's JT chassis probably looks like Swiss Cheese by now any how.

Still I agree that you should shave down the flywheel before you grind away on the chassis. Mainly because you can go to your LHS and pick up a new flywheel, you won't be able to do that with a chassis.

Have you tried to space the engine up 1.5mm's? An extra engine plate should do the trick.

rolland

poor judgement 09-09-2006 09:30 AM

Poor Judgement's JT chassis probably looks like Swiss Cheese by now any how
Oh now Im offended! Erm, ok, maybe I have drilled 1 or 2 extra holes... maybe 10 or 12... ahem. Hardcore all the way! Lol.

I was actually joking about attacking the chassis further, just wanted to get the big grinder run-in really! I could space the engine up Rolland, but it looks a bit bodged like that - Im trying to keep it looking reasonably tidy this time round, so yes, the flywheel is gonna get it instead.

I think its the 1/8 clutch thats causing the spurs and pinions alignment probs, rather than the Cen mounts, which in turn is giving flywheel clearance issues etc - the engine simply needs to be 3-5mm further forward for the gears to line up.

Mainly because you can go to your LHS and pick up a new flywheel, you won't be able to do that with a chassis.
I was counting on Azzman selling his to me, but, well... hes just a big wind up merchant really. [:o] Im devastated... sniff....

Scouser 09-09-2006 09:55 AM

I wouldn't mind another one myself. Azzman, if you do decide to sell, i will better PJs' offer!!;)[>:]
Has JT ceased trading? I notice on their website that every item you go to look at comes up with an error page!

rolland 09-09-2006 10:00 PM

The JT chassis is nice but their customer service is really lacking. They are really strong with little chassis flex until you start drilling holes into them.
When things slow down for Dr. Honda he will be able to make the chassis. Unfortunately his job has him traveling quite a bit (he's in the UK right now for the next couple of weeks) and between his job and the new baby he is really lacking any sort of time to complete the chassis.

I have seen flywheels with an offset built into them. I will have to look around and see if I can find out who makes them.
What about the flywheel used in the CT4/5? Using the mounts it might be worth a try to use the flywheel.
The engine plate is a fairly straight forward piece, you might be able to get some alloy in the desired thickness and make one.

rolland

azzman 09-10-2006 08:11 PM

...I wont tell you the pitiful amount that thieving Bas*@#d offered me for my collectors item......:)

poor judgement 09-11-2006 11:54 AM

...and I wont share the extortionate amount that robbing little sh1te got for the OS.30... [X(]

Right, Im off to tell my mum what you said...

...bloody hijackers...

cenracer1 09-11-2006 02:56 PM

[X(]

azzman 09-11-2006 06:39 PM

LOL :D[:-]:D:)

rolland 09-11-2006 11:38 PM

Poor Judgement sure has been getting grumpy since he found out Azzman wasn't going to sell him his JT chassis.

rolland

poor judgement 09-12-2006 12:09 PM

No - I dont care. Stick it on ebay if you like, not bothered... Lol

Cmon man, let me have the damn thing. What would it take? Dont scare me with any of that Kiwi sheep stuff either.

dustin7837 09-12-2006 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: poor judgement
Dont scare me with any of that Kiwi sheep stuff either.
ROFL!!!:)

poor judgement 09-13-2006 05:39 PM

[Hijackavoidancesystemactivated]

Onboard temp meter arrived today with a few other bits that I probably wont need... cant be too careful. Just ordered some nipples, yes... but for the silencer pressure pipe - I forgot I needed one. Bit gutted I forgot as I wanted to run it asap, should be pretty lively with this gearing and motor with a bit of luck... and Im getting bored of the mess on the desk now.

[Hijackavoidancesystemdeactivated]

Pics, I suppose...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...90(Medium).JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...91(Medium).JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...92(Medium).JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...94(Medium).JPG

Any ideas on securing the battery pack, cleanly and easy to remove? Zip ties, are out Im afraid.