RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   CEN RACING SUPPORT click here (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/5224402-cen-racing-support-click-here.html)

CT4-Sideways 01-07-2007 08:06 AM

CEN RACING SUPPORT click here

Ok obviously i own a Cen CT4-S
I have had the car for around 3 weeks now and unfortunately have only driven it a couple times as i have just had problem after problem with it.
The first time i started it something shorted out and i lost control with the car hitting two gutters at full speed. After having to straighten the chassis and get a new battery pack and fuel tank it was finally ok to drive again.
I went straight out and bought a fail safe! (best things ever)
Anyway i do love the car!! and it has some serious speed once it gets going and with my new drift tires the sideways is wiked!~
BUT the range on this car is pathetic!
Im sure i am not the only person with this problem.
At the best i can drive the car 30 meters away before trusty fail safe kicks in and stops it from going spastic.
As i said i love this car but for the power and handling it has its truely let down by poor range!!
I cant have fun driving my car when i have to stay within 30 meters of it constantly following it around and it always cutting in and out...
Anyone on here can relate with me????
And what options are there to fix this??
As the average rc car i was told should have a range of 250-300m minimum!

Thanks

Daniel

offroadfury 01-07-2007 02:05 PM

RE: Cen CT4-S Range issues

This is what happened with mine too but I figured out what the problem was. Are you driving in a area where there is alot of Power wires. If so that is the problem. The power wires cause interference really bad. That is why I got the Spektrum transmitter and receiver and have never had a problem with range, or it taking off on me again. Since I got it is like driving a real car, I can take the thing ANYWHERE.

CT4-Sideways 01-08-2007 01:42 AM

Yeah cheers dude i do race it mostly in my street sometimes at schools
I notise at schools i can get slightly better range but i still cant have maximum fun with my car
I know many of my friends have hobao hyper cars and they have 250 meter range on the same streets im havings problems so i am still very disapointed with Cens trans and reciever!
How much did the transmitter and reciever that you bought cost and where could i get one
Also anyone else swapped there transmitter and reciever whats the best price for doing so ?
Cheers

Daniel

offroadfury 01-08-2007 12:25 PM

Here is the link for the Spektrum that I got. Mine was $159.00 and I got it from my LHS. They are well worth the price in my opinion.[link=http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM20200]Spektrum RC website[/link]

CT4-Sideways 01-08-2007 11:17 PM

Cool Thanks alot i rekon im going to get that also.
So you say it will have no intereferance? and what sort of range are we talking ?
Obviously you paid 159 US menaning it will be over 200 for me .. but you say worth it ..

notch 01-09-2007 04:35 AM

if you are running carbon fiber top plate... double or tripple the doulbe sided tape on the bottom of the reciever!!!!!

CT4-Sideways 01-09-2007 04:39 AM

Could CEN RACING themselves please tell me what the expected range on the CT4-S is?? as i drove my car today the best i got was 20 meters max no where near power lines... How am i supposed to get this car into second gear or take it to a track with that amount of range. Im very lucky i have a fail safe or the car would be totalled by now from cutting out.
And as i said my car is only 3 weeks old and has only taken around 5 tanks or fuel.
Could you please tell me any ways of improving the range?
Or upgrades i might have to look into?

If nothing can be done i may have to purchase a hobao hyper car as it will turn out alot less expensive than the money i have already put into my ct4-s just to use it.

Thanks

notch 01-09-2007 04:56 AM

I would suggest calling them 714-792-1923 they hooked up my friend with a radio swap for 50 bucks... now hes got a model memory radio with all the bells and whistles for less then half price and Ive seen him drive it at least 1000 ft away I believe it was the MX3 radio swap program check in to it

CT4-Sideways 01-09-2007 05:00 AM

Yeah i think im going to need it!
Just hope being in Australia wont stuff things up..
And i cannot believe noone else can relate with this :S
There must be thousands of ct4-s owners with this problem unless something is just wrong with mine?

CEN Please comment ...

Chopped02 01-09-2007 10:09 AM

I dont own a CT4, but I had problems like that with my Talon. It would just take off within a short range so I put a fail safe on it. Once I did that, it would constantly stutter and shut down. I realized that the Skyion radio and receiver were junk. I ditched that set up and picked up a cheap Futaba radio and receiver at my LHS. Paid 50 bucks for it and havn't had a problem since. My kid has a mini madness and the Skyion radio that came with it lasted about a week beforte it quit working. I don't know why Cen uses these radios and receivers, they would be better off using the bottom of the line Airtronics or Futaba products.

CT4-Sideways 01-09-2007 10:15 AM

RE: Cen CT4-S Range issues CEN RACING PLEASE HELP?

Yeah no **** finally someone else!
So i dont understand how on the video they maded second gear and got to 73mph
Obviously they upgraded the radio which means it really cant do taht speed out of the box
I really want someone from CEN to comment on the Radios they use and the range they should have!!

Chopped02 01-09-2007 10:23 AM

I dont have anything bad to say about Cens customer support. They have been nothing but helpful to me when I've called. You should contact them and, worst case scenario, you spend a few bucks on a new radio. I can almost guarantee that will fix you problem. Also, sounds like you are dying to get that thing up to top speed. Am I wrong? :D

CT4-Sideways 01-09-2007 10:36 AM

hahaha well before i go trying for that top speed i want to get my skills up to scratch first
Would be nothing worse than 73mph into a netball post now would there! lol
But obviously before i go spending more money on the supposed RTR car id like to find out what the deal is?
Surely this is not normal to have 20m range on a 73mph nitro car %$#@!
What are my chances of CEN responding? I would call but from Australia dont want to pay out my ass ofr the call

CEN support help

Chopped02 01-09-2007 11:21 AM

I didn't think about the overseas phone charges. Tyr emailing them first and see what happens. Keep me informed as I am now curious how Cen will handle this. Good luck.

CT4-Sideways 01-09-2007 11:29 AM

Ive emailed and pm'd them and it says they havent made a post in quite some months now...
Clearly something is not right with the car..
And i too am also curious how they can help me ,
and there Answer to how much range the ct4-s should be getting ..
All i really want to do is have fun with my car and i cant do that in a 20m radious with constant cutting out
I want to expirience the cars power and maybe hit 2nd gear! I dont think im asking for too much ?

Cen racing ?

CEN Racing 01-09-2007 03:47 PM

Please send in any faulty components and we will replace them free of charge.

Chopped02 01-09-2007 07:44 PM

Im in the same boat as you CT4, I am sending an engine back. They're customer service is pretty good. At least they want to help their customers by standing by their products.

Digital Ninja 01-09-2007 09:04 PM

ive got a cen ct4s but havnt really drove it far lol , been busy drifting and doing donuts lol, also the reason is that my servos twitch when i get my hands near the car or a screw driver.
sideways just wondering does ur servos twitch and also what radio gear do you have , ive got the cen impact cII , maybe i should get a failsafe just in case the twicthing could be a sign that the car may go spaz if its gets out of range.

CT4-Sideways 01-10-2007 12:25 AM

You should definately get a fail safe ninja otherwise one day you can kiss you car goodbye at fullspeed into everything in sight.
I do get slight twitching but nothing not normal like when connecting glow plug which im told is normal, also if it cuts out of range or goes behind and object it spaz's a little.
I didnt expect Cen to give me expected range on the CT4-S but thats good that my parts can be swapped

CEN RACING does it seem to you that i have faulty parts? or is this just what all your transmitters and recievers are like?
I have Impact CII what parts should i need to send back to fix the problem and will new parts be any different in your opinion??

Thanks

Daniel

Chopped02 01-10-2007 07:54 AM

Before I replaced my radio on my Talon with a Futaba, the servos would twitch alot then, take off. I just think the stock radio and receiver have really weak signals. Or, maybe these are just isolated problems. Like I said in my previous post, once I replaced the rx and tx, not one problem with it. As a matter of fact, I was starting to hate the car because of that and it sat on the shelf because it was too much of a pain to run after it when it would take off.:D

CT4-Sideways 01-11-2007 12:40 AM

CEN can you please tell me the expected range on my car?
Will my shipping and recieving new parts make a difference??

CT4-Sideways 01-12-2007 04:44 AM

Cen Racing Support could you please answer the following for me,

Could you please tell me the expected range on my car?

Much needed answers otherwise im going to be forced to sell my car...
Thankyou

Digital Ninja 01-12-2007 07:21 AM

try emailing them direct, not sure if they always check the rc universe forums

CT4-Sideways 01-12-2007 08:34 AM

yeah ive tryed all that mate but thanks

CT4-Sideways 01-12-2007 08:37 AM

RE: CENS SUPPORT NEEDED! range issues..

Cen Racing Support could you please answer the following for me,

Could you please tell me the expected range on my car?

Much needed answers otherwise im going to be forced to sell my car...
Thankyou