RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   Cen Pajero.... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/5342371-cen-pajero.html)

Ayje 01-29-2007 06:44 PM

Cen Pajero....

Hey Folks!

Looking to possibly purchase this. have been looking at CEN models and I like this rally. PLease can you give me the pros and cons. I have friends with schumacher " rascal" and I would like to stick with the 1/10 scale. Thanks for inputs! Ayje

Gary.Mc.D. 01-30-2007 01:57 PM

RE: Cen Pajero....

Thanks for considering buying a CEN vechile. Ive ha mine for almost 4 years now and enjoy every minute of it. In fact I have the CEN rally which I enjoy so much. You may be familar with my site already www.garyssubaru.uk.tt which is a FUN FACTOR domiated site. You can find on there alot of info with regards to the FUN FACTOR which should be of use to you when chosing your nitro RC Car. The one thing with CEN is that spares are quite difficult to get a hold of which can be a pain from time to time but once yu find the right hobby shop which has good customer service you shouldnt have a big problem.

Gary:)

poor judgement 01-31-2007 12:44 PM

The rally is good for running on unprepped car parks, pavements, roads (without 1:1s on) etc. It wont keep up with the fast handling touring cars through the bends, but the speed difference isnt much, mine with the OS.18 CRV-X fitted is quite a bit quicker than some.

The shaft drive is great for that kind of running, stones etc dont harm it unlike belt drive cars. So that leads onto gravel car parks and tracks or leafy tracks etc. This is where the fun is to be had! The stock tyres deal with it all pretty well too, a lot of after market ones tend to balloon up due to the rallys speed.

As ever the radio gear is poor, same with all FF. You will definately want a failsafe for it and maybe uprate the steering servo to a high torque one from Futaba or Hitec etc, along with a 6v rechargeable battery pack. Id recommend you get the heavy duty diff gears, or at least find somewhere that stocks them, it could just be my driving, but I killed a lot of stock ones. The metal brake disc is good with an uprated throttle/brake servo, and the alloy brake seat stiffens it all up. Thats more than enough for starters.

Overall theyre a lot of fun for the money and easy to find some place to run, and with a few upgrades, very reliable if maintained well.

Check the link in my sig below for a few more ideas on upgrades. You will have to copy and paste it into your address bar.

Supertronic Systems-Malta 02-02-2007 10:30 AM

Ayje,

CEN Nx Series are the follow up to the Fun Factor kits,they are now even better in quality and
they include a very good radio System.Just buy it and you will be happy :)

Chris,

notch 02-02-2007 07:15 PM

The rallys are my favorite... I can't tell you how huge of a success the mini cooper was at the ihobby expo in chicago

Gary.Mc.D. 02-03-2007 07:58 AM

Thats nice to hear. I love it. I have the mini and subaru bodyshell. There great cars ans the bodyshells are very impressive.

rc guy96 04-20-2007 04:43 PM

does it break easily if i take it off road or do some bashing with it?

Scouser 05-01-2007 06:39 PM

I ran the Peugeot (sp) bodyshell on my rally for years before switchingit to a truck. It was abused on dirt, dust and road and I still have it today. The CEN bodyshells are not the thickest but that means they flex rather than split, at least that is my experience of them.;)

don-boydo 05-07-2007 06:30 AM

i had a st2 that lasted 2years eventually trashed it when the brake failed in the air. got a bargan cen ff rally chassis with servos on ebay 4 £22.50 no body on it? which bodies can replace the stock ones? what scale r they ?