RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   ready to give up!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/5831885-ready-give-up.html)

chris246810 05-09-2007 10:51 AM

ready to give up!!!

I just got my new recoil assembley and oneway bearning today in the mail put it back on screwed it down and now its not even turing the dame motor. what is wrong i am ready to send it back to the place i got it from thank god i saved the box this sucks. its not moving the pistion up and down like usal.[:@][:@]

SOILWORK 05-09-2007 12:22 PM

RE: ready to give up!!!

Pull the back plate off and check to see if you lost the spring loaded pin. This pin should be inserted into the connecting rod. If you have to reinsert it, put it in gently or it will fly out. Line up the groove on the backplate with this pin and reassemble.

chris246810 05-09-2007 12:56 PM

i believe the oneway start shaft was the problem but i order another on with my bearing so i put it in but for some reason i think it slips off the piston what would that befrom?

SOILWORK 05-09-2007 01:01 PM

The slot in the backplate catches this pin and that is what spins the crankshaft. If the pin is out of place then the pullstarter will spin, but the engine will not. This can be mistaken for a bad owb.

chris246810 05-09-2007 01:18 PM

well i took the back plate off just now and got a closer look inside and what i can see is taht the pic thats connceted to the piston is chiped on the edges. now my question is how do i tak that pin out? i have the pin it with the onway start shaft

SOILWORK 05-09-2007 01:20 PM

what engine is this pullstarter from?

chris246810 05-09-2007 01:39 PM

its for the gst 7.7 i got it from the same place i order the gst from. also i just checked the piston again. when it goes all the way down thats when it jams. i can't get it to move from that postioin unless i take the back plate off and repostion it. what can that be from?

SOILWORK 05-09-2007 01:44 PM

If the engine is not fully broken in, the engine will be hard to turn over because of the tight tolerences between the sleeve and the piston. Can you please post a pic. You said the there is a chip on the crankshaft, if there is a chip then a small piece of metal could be binding your engine. Not exactly sure on where you are saying that the chip is.

chris246810 05-09-2007 01:53 PM

the chip is on that little pin that is in the middle of the piston. so i took that one out and put a new pin in. now the piston is jamming on the bottom. i dont wanna chip another pin. so is sopposed to be that tight?

SOILWORK 05-09-2007 02:17 PM

Are you talking about the pin that holds the piston on to the connecting rod?

chris246810 05-09-2007 03:38 PM

yes. but ne ways i have evething put back together and been trying to start it up for the past hour and it sucks. my ct5 started right up right out the box i mean if this is such a strong engine they should have made it with the roto starter to be hoenst i got everthing wroking back now and i am going out to buy the roto starter whats the worst that can happen? at least i wont have blisters all over my hands. i like cen cars but if that engine was on a plane it would not be a pull start. i bought a new one way bearing new pull start with the oney i spent i could have boutght the roto starter already.

SOILWORK 05-09-2007 06:03 PM

Tne NX 76 has a lot of compression, loosen the glow plug when you start it, the engine will turn over easier and then when it starts retighten the glow plug

chris246810 05-09-2007 07:57 PM

thank you for your help today it really helped me as i was working as i was talking to you. i am going to loosen the glowplug next time i try and start it up. i will be going to a lhs on longisland to get the roto starter and hopegfully i will have a better time starting up the truck i haven't even used this truck yet it sucks that i feel this way about this truck but i know once everthing is good then i will be happy.

biggy boy 05-09-2007 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: chris246810

yes. but ne ways i have evething put back together and been trying to start it up for the past hour and it sucks. my ct5 started right up right out the box i mean if this is such a strong engine they should have made it with the roto starter to be hoenst i got everthing wroking back now and i am going out to buy the roto starter whats the worst that can happen? at least i wont have blisters all over my hands. i like cen cars but if that engine was on a plane it would not be a pull start. i bought a new one way bearing new pull start with the oney i spent i could have boutght the roto starter already.
Hi there
Where did you get the pin from to replace the broken one?
My son's GST 7.7 motor also has a broken piston rod crank pin.

Hope it is covered by warranty, the motor has less then a gal thought it.
his pull start also broke during break-in

Glen

chris246810 05-09-2007 09:04 PM

well i order a oneway start shaft and it came with 3 pcs a spring,pin,and the crank shaft. look in the back of the gst 7.7 book with the pic of the engine and all the parts page 27. its part number G70357-35 or G70357-11. i am thinking about getting the roto starer this weekend eventhough i haven't put a gallen of gas through it. i guess everyone goes through pull starts during break in. my ct5 started up nice and easyly.

The Real Dogman 05-09-2007 09:27 PM

Chris,

I strongly suggest you wait until you have completed at least 1 gallon of fuel, especially if still are in you 60 day warranty period. If you fit he rototstart before 1 gallon of fuel and you break a part inside the engine, CEN could(remember I said could) void your warranty.

I hope you got your truck fixed, this is truely a fun truck, and if you like tinkering then are gonna love this truck...

biggy boy 05-09-2007 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: chris246810

well i order a oneway start shaft and it came with 3 pcs a spring,pin,and the crank shaft. look in the back of the gst 7.7 book with the pic of the engine and all the parts page 27. its part number G70357-35 or G70357-11. i am thinking about getting the roto starer this weekend eventhough i haven't put a gallen of gas through it. i guess everyone goes through pull starts during break in. my ct5 started up nice and easyly.
Do you mean G70365-15 not G70357-35 and G70365-11 not G70357-11?
Did your pin break lenth wise? or just a part of the end come off?
His broke end wise I think.
where did you get the parts from, do they have a web site?

Thanks
Glen

.46NitroAddict 05-10-2007 08:50 AM

Hey chris246810,

When I was running my .46 in I also had a lot of trouble getting my engine started.
In addition to what The Real Dogman has said, I found that preheating the block & head up (90 deg C or so) with a hair dryer, before trying to start, it saved my hands from blisters.
Once it was properly ran in as per the manual & over 1 gal through her I fitted the rotostarter, & haven't looked back. (I don't need the Mrs's hairdryer anymore either!).

Hopethis makes your life easier also, .46NitroAddict [>:]

JUCD VPR 05-10-2007 09:11 AM

Hey man stick with it, WHEN you get it started and running after a proper break in you will forget all about your troubles, this truck is truly awesome! The only other truck I own or have owned i like more is my 1/5 scale FG MT, but the GST puts up a hard fight and can go over rougher terrain because of the ground clerance. Your going to love it once you get the bugs worked out!

chris246810 05-12-2007 04:40 PM

just got my roto starter today and i installed it and to be hoenst its a lot better. no blisters. it hasn't started yet but i hear it wanting to turn over what can that problme be. i ma happy with it just can't wait till i get it to start. installation was very easy. i cracked open the glow pulg alittle to let the compression out but still not starting.

SOILWORK 05-12-2007 05:35 PM

try using the throttle trim to open up the carb a little durning starting, once the engine starts reset the trim to normal. dont open to much or the truck will take off on you

chris246810 05-12-2007 06:13 PM

ok i will try and do that

.46NitroAddict 05-12-2007 06:41 PM

Hey chris246810,

What everyone has said is spot on.

If you still can't start her, Reread my post #18. I feel like an echo, but it WORKS!!!

.46NitroAddict [>:]

chris246810 05-13-2007 04:00 PM

roto starter motor life? how long is that motor inside the roto starer last? had mine for two days is it me am i a jix or soemthing. will an lhs break in my engine for me? if so how much you think it would cost?

unlawfullactions 05-13-2007 09:14 PM

it depends on the lhs, there was one outside philly, when i was checking it out while visiting relatives..(hobbytown USA) they wanted $40 plus supplies (which im guessing is nitro) for breakin.....the motor in the rotostart could have went bad from the motor not being broken in all the way and needing too much torque...you can still use a cordless drill to do the trick...just be careful the drill doesn't have too much power, i dont know what everyone else is using here.

but i've ran over a gallon of gas through my rig, and i still have to crack the glowplug to get the rotostart to work, and i have a 3300mah battery (dont think that makes a difference tho)