RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   CEN Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/)
-   -   GST 7.7 paddle tires anyone? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cen-racing-310/6037795-gst-7-7-paddle-tires-anyone.html)

dStruct714 06-26-2007 03:30 PM

GST 7.7 paddle tires anyone?

I know I have a need for a good 7.5" paddle tire for this beast, I plan on running my GST at the beach, desert, and river.. Anyone else?

Scott_GTR 06-29-2007 04:24 PM

RE: GST 7.7 paddle tires anyone?

The standard tyres on a GST are not too far from paddles.

You could always cut off ever other chevron. ;)

dStruct714 06-29-2007 05:47 PM

Hmm that's not a bad idea, get a spare set of stock rims/tires and have at it with a pair of lesbians :D

I asked Proline if they'll ever make some 55-Series tires and/or paddles and they said not at this time, and I'm only the 5th person to call and ask about that this year.. If anyone else thinks we could use paddle tires post a comment on here, the guy I talked to at Proline said if we get enough people requesting them on the forums I could forward them the link and they would consider making them.

Anyone?

The Real Dogman 06-29-2007 09:52 PM

Any Tires for the 55's would be cool!!! I'm in!!

dustin7837 06-30-2007 03:25 AM

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Any Tires for the 55's would be cool!!! I'm in!!
ditto!!

Paddle tires are sick in snow, and We get enough of that in Alberta.

dStruct714 07-02-2007 12:49 AM

So I was at my LHS today and got to compare a set of [link=http://www.prolineracing.com/products/?p=viewproduct&id=81]Commando Bead-loc 40 Series 23mm HD[/link] wheels, and [link=http://www.prolineracing.com/products/?p=viewproduct&id=34]40-Series Paddle tires[/link] and as cool as the wheels look, they actually fit *inside* the stock chrome wheels that come with the GST and are much smaller in comparison. So unless I see a smokin deal online somewhere for those wheels and/or paddle tires it's not worth it to me, and if I had purchased them from my LHS it would have cost me just under $80 for 2 wheels/tires. I would need a total of 4 at $160 !!! To effectively downgrade my wheels/tires, sheesh.

I would really like to see at least one of the RC tire makers to step up and make some 55-series wheels and tires.

dtsn280z 07-06-2007 09:55 PM

I just got my Nemesis.. I think the Genesis tractor tires work great on the beach... Still like the lesbian idea though.. With any luck, I'll be able to report on it...LOL

Scott_GTR 07-07-2007 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: dtsn280z

I just got my Nemesis.. I think the Genesis tractor tires work great on the beach... Still like the lesbian idea though.. With any luck, I'll be able to report on it...LOL

If you are going to cut your tyres, please post pictures as I am interested. ;)

dStruct714 07-23-2007 04:43 PM

*bump*

Anyone? We gotta show a demand and get the manufacturers moving on 55-series wheels/tires. It's not our fault all those other pansy trucks take 40-series tires to deal with their lack of torque. :D

burningpoo 07-23-2007 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: dStruct714

*bump*

Anyone? We gotta show a demand and get the manufacturers moving on 55-series wheels/tires. It's not our fault all those other pansy trucks take 40-series tires to deal with their lack of torque. :D

well said[sm=biggrin.gif]

robegee 07-29-2007 03:01 PM

is it just me who gets the front tyres ballooning on full acceleration?:D

The Real Dogman 07-29-2007 03:18 PM

Nope!! with center diff "open"(unlocked) you will get the front tires ballooning upon acceleration. This is very common for that setup. Also, it will be more difficult to pull wheelies, although some claim they can do it with 500,000wt diff lube in the center diff. So you could control the Ballooning by using heavier diff lube or Locking the center diff. I've locked mine. some will say that the locked center diff will increase strain on the drive train, that would be true but not as bad as one would think, or atleast I feel it is worth added wear, because I have onlyhad to replace my out drive cups 1 once in a years time, keeping in mind I live in the desert where we can run year round. So to me that is very well worth the extra performance!!

Good Luck And Have Fun!!!

robegee 07-29-2007 03:27 PM

Hi & Thanks for the info - i'm running stock in the UK apart from a modified (By Accident) 1/5th scale steering servo!

Do the diffs come lubed already or is it just customer preference? i see that you have given great links to guides on other threads - do you have one for the centre diff lock and lubing the diffs? cheers in anticipation:D

The Real Dogman 07-29-2007 03:40 PM

Not yet, but soon I will be doing another write-up on the center diffs, right now I am putting the finisheing touches on a Dual Steering Servo mod, so today I wont get the diff write-up done, Look for the steering mod here in just a little while, like about 20 minutes. And yes it is customer preference..

robegee 07-29-2007 03:52 PM

sweet

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Not yet, but soon I will be doing another write-up on the center diffs, right now I am putting the finisheing touches on a Dual Steering Servo mod, so today I wont get the diff write-up done, Look for the steering mod here in just a little while, like about 20 minutes. And yes it is customer preference..

Scott_GTR 08-01-2007 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: robegee

is it just me who gets the front tyres ballooning on full acceleration?:D

As 'The Real Dogman' say, it the unlocked centre diff that let the front end wind up.
With an unlocked centre diff I found it very difficult to keep it in a straight line as it would lift one front wheel, even at high speed0, and send it off into the scenery.

I locked the dif, and traction is a lot better, but I have had to upgrade to heavy duty diff cups, Nenesis metal front prop shaft and last week I managed to kill my first pinion gear. [:o]

So yes it is heavier on the transmission, but more controllable and faster. Sings and roundabouts really.

Saying that, I may try the 500,00 dif grease ad TRD suggests.

Anyhow, back on track, how are those paddle tyres getting on???????? ;)