Notices

Radikal G30 Govenor need

Old 12-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Big Windy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radikal G30 Govenor need

I am finishing a new Century Radikal G30 with a Zenoah 231. Previously I had that engine in a Predator gasser with a govenor. There is no obvious way to install govenor pick-ups on the fan and no reference in the manual. Is this not as necessary on a 3D gasser as on a nitro machine, or just oversight?

Does anyone have an easy solution to adding a governor to the G30?
Old 12-12-2010, 12:09 PM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radikal G30 Govenor need

I don't have a Radikal G-30 but my Predator has been one of my favorite helis since 2005. I do not use the magnets supplied with my GV-1 on my Predator. It uses the Stator Gator sensor.

I have installed magnets on some of my nitro helis in the past, by simply drilling an appropriately sized hole in the bottom of the cooling fans.

I do not think there are all that many gasser flyers that hang out here on RCU, but you will find a lot of great help in the Century forum of RR.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Big Windy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radikal G30 Govenor need

Thanks, your Stator Gator is exactly what I need. I ordered one last night. This looks like a perfect solution. Unlike the Predator there is no provision on the fan or thru the fan shroud for a pick up access. The way the engine mounts also would make mounting an arm difficult. This is really a great solution and likely what they expected, but never discussed. There are few written instructions in the G30 manual.
Thanks again, really helpful!