Search
Notices

Servos for Century Hawk IV

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 03:55 AM
Acer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos for Century Hawk IV

I'm going to be buying a Century Hawk IV helicopter w/ an OS .32 engine. I am going to be using a Hitec Eclipse 7 transmitter with the heli. My question is, can I use the Hitec 425 servos with this heli? They are dual ball berring. Also could I use the 425 for a gyro servo using the GY 240 Gyro? Are the 425's fast enough for this gyro? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been flying a LMH-110 that I converted to electric since the supplied engine was garbage. I can hover the LMH real well, fly it around trees (I live in the woods) and land on just about anything I want. I want to move up to a larger heli as I have reached the limit of the LMH. I will eventually want to do some basic 3D once I get better with helis (I'll change the servos for the 3D stuff if needed). Thanks.

-- Acer
Old 07-06-2002, 06:22 AM
fourstarforty

Hi your servos are fine for everything except for the gyro i think the 425s are to slow for the futaba 240.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:40 AM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with Fourstar, your servos will be fine. With the exception of the tail servo. I would get the fastest one you can. I like em that way. IMPO it makes the gyro work a lot better. Beleive me. I had a standard servo on the tail of my first bird (didn't know any better). Didn't cut the mustard.