Notices

buying a hawk pro

Old 07-12-2006, 10:02 PM
nirvana0001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying a hawk pro

Hi! I am new to here. I had 2 electric helicopter before and now I really want to get a gas helicopter. after researched for a week and i finally found out hawk pro. and i have couple questions:
1.) is it sensitive? because my skill is not that good tho(only played helicopter for a year), don't want to always crash it or hard landing.
2.) is it hard for begineer like me?
3.) I don't know much about gas helicopter, and i found the combo package on century's wed site: [link=http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=514]http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=514[/link] do i need any accessories else?
4.) where can i get the nitro fuel?(i know it's really crap question)
5.) compare to Trex 450XL, which one is more stable? (very important concern to me)
6.) how is it compare to Raptor 30 V2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave.

------------------------

update: after doing all the research on internet, i am getting more and more confuse, noticed swift is also a nice heli tho. how is it compared to hawk pro?? how long can it fly with 3700mah battery?? i am asking about swift because it's not easy to get nitro fuel in here, i have to order it through internet, so a big electric heli like as swift might be a good soulation to me. (flying time is a big issue to me)
Old 07-12-2006, 11:05 PM
wldcwbypilot

Default RE: buying a hawk pro

you are going to need lots of stuff. you should look at towerhobbies. get a list going. starting with a better radio. i wouldn't get anything less than a chp7 or a jr8103. futaba 401 gyro and it matching digital servo. i would get all digital servos with better than .14 speed and no less than 70 inch ouces of torque, make sure to get a good engine, Os 37, webra 35 or a tt39. make sure to buy a several crash kits. you will need them when you get to comfortable because thats when it will surprise you.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:24 PM
nirvana0001

wldcwbypilot, are you saying that the combo package i found from century web site is not good enough? can i find all the stuffs you said from towerhobbies? how much you think will it approixmately cost? I am really headache right now after looking for all those stuffs. I have one more question tho, how long can it fly for each fuel filling? Thanks for your help!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:39 PM
wldcwbypilot

figure about $1000.00. about 16 minutes, longer than you can keep from going insane from worrying about landing.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:04 AM
nirvana0001

is it necessary to get 70" ouces torque servos? because the one with the combo is only 47".
can you give me the link of servo and gyro? I think i have some trouble to find them.
also just wanna make sure, i need 5 servo and 1 gyro right?
Thank you![8D]
Old 07-13-2006, 01:59 AM
nirvana0001

here is what i found so far:

HAWK PRO & CRASH KIT with FREE OS 32SXH ENGINE $229
century starting pack $104
RCD6000 SUPER FM 6CH72C TRANSMITTER w/ RECEIVER, CRYSTAL, 2 MICRO SERVOS $80 (what are the receiver and servos for?)
Futaba S3010 Standard High-Torque Servo X5 $122

still looking for gyro, don't know which to choose, please help.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:20 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 245 Likes on 197 Posts

Do yourself a favor. Get a Raptor.

http://www.heliproz.com call them and work out what you need, they will talk to you all day long about helicopters and everyone that picks up the phone there flys. Its going to cost you a few more dollars but trust me in the long run you will be happy you went that route.

An interesting side note, Century was advertising the Hawk Pro with Crash kit for 33 percent off with a free Toki 40 engine. I called and they renigged on the deal and pulled the ad and said its 229 with the os 32 engine.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:24 AM
nirvana0001

i finally bought a raptor 30
Old 07-13-2006, 07:58 PM
wldcwbypilot

Raptor 30 is good, what all did you get and where?