Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

Should i get the flight simulator?

Notices

Should i get the flight simulator?

Old 08-26-2006, 09:52 PM
savage 40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i get the flight simulator?

As i posted earlier I ordered a nitro hawk pro. this is my first chopper.. I need to learn to fly. The big probably dumb question is, A.Should I order the Great Planes G3 flight simulator. B. get a small electric chopper. C. get another flight simulator package ( Although my nieghbor will probably pitch in 1/2 since he has an electric bird). D. trash the whole idea and stick to my savage..LOL! help a brutha out! What should I do?[]
Old 08-26-2006, 10:58 PM
savage 40

Default RE: Should i get the flight simulator?

I ordered a G3..
Old 08-27-2006, 11:20 AM
sreuss

You beat me to it <G>; I would have recommended the G3 sim over your other choices. I still have my RF Deluxe (1st generation RF w. helis) and use it a fair bit. This is one of the best investments a start-up pilot can make.

Small electrics are good, but they are as different froe the 30 size helis as the simulator is/will be, but the sim is reconfigurable to give you all kinds of experiences (small helis, large helis, etc.) .

Best of luck!
SteveR
Old 08-27-2006, 11:24 AM
poiyt

savage 40, welcome heli's! sims are great (I use Clearview; $30), but what ever else you do, learn rotary flying by completing the RADD'S course.. you'll be glad you did
Old 08-27-2006, 02:19 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 248 Likes on 200 Posts

I've crashed 3x my annual income in heli's on g3, trust me its worth every penny.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:57 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Buy a sim...G3, reflex, aero flight pro what ever they are all fairly good these day's. I learned on G2... I swear, when I first tried it, the sim heli's were un flyable... being a long time Airplane flyer I didn't think I would have that much trouble... I was wrong Once I got the hang of it and got to the point I could fly out the tank with out a crash 9 out of 10 times I took my heli out to the field had one of the heli guy's look it over... test fly it and stand close by as I did my first hover's... It was easier than the sim if you don't consider the PUCKER factor before long I was hovering Tail in, nose in, side in (left/right) and doing small amounts of FF. Once I felt comfortable and had lost the pucker somewhat it was on to full FF, figure 8's, circle's and so on... I'm still at this point and don't think I'll ever get into the really aerobatic/3D stuff... I save that for my planes and G2 with a heli

John
Old 08-27-2006, 04:39 PM
savage 40

Well that makes me feel better! ( getting the G3). I'm looking forward to get flying.. more so do it safely! But after seeing a guy out at the airfield with a raptor 50... it's on! I wonder if I can quit my job and learn to fly! LOL!!! Ya gotta love he pucker.. LOL! so true!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Djxtrodinaire

i bought planes and crashed on the first minute of flight

I bought G3 and it helped me alot!

I bought my first Heli Century Predator Max 90 BUT I will not be flying it until I am comfortable on G3
Old 12-06-2006, 02:43 PM
BubbaJoeLouis

I bought the Blade CP first thinking it was a good learning heli. Its actually harder than a 30 or larger nitro. Much less stable. But it is cheaper. The $200 for a small electric is better spent on a simulator.

I think you get the picture by now. Get a SIM. Dont just crash and reset all day though. You have to treat it like its real as best you can.

Good luck!
BJL
Old 12-07-2006, 01:36 PM
PutU2Sleep
My Feedback: (3)

I use the Reflex XTR sim, crashed enough heli's on that thing to pay off my mortgage...................definately get a sim