Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

I got a throttle curv Question!!!?????

Notices

I got a throttle curv Question!!!?????

Old 10-27-2006, 01:43 AM
z
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got a throttle curv Question!!!?????

Ok guys here is my question i have a century hawk pro that id like to get into the air in the next couple days but im not shure what to use for my throttle curves. Can you all please post what you use for normal throttle, idle up1,idle up1 and the pitch curves accordingly? What do i use when i start it throttle hold? Thanks so much
Old 10-27-2006, 02:20 PM
TeamSlacker

Default RE: I got a throttle curv Question!!!?????

If your manual for the pro doesn't have it, download the sport manual from the century site, it lists the starting points for the curves. They will be plenty close to get in the air.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:23 PM
z
My Feedback: (4)

Also what pitch curves I have the manual but its very basic....
Old 11-01-2006, 11:51 AM
ross001

You basically need the throttle curve in a straight, increasing line for normal mode. this is the usual standard normal throttle curve...0,25,50,75,100
these are just starting points, but they should be fine for beginner flight.
throttle curve for idle up 1 is a u/v curve which is 100, 64, 76, 64, 100
On my Cali 30 the pitch for normal mode is -8 degrees, -5.5 degrees,0 degrees,5.5 degrees and 8 degrees.
Idle up 1 is -9, -5.5,0,5.5,9

All these curves are for my caliber 30 and they apply to most other helis, but they might not work very well with yours. The curves require a lot of messing around and tweaking but once you've got them you'll rarely have to touch them.

Ross
Old 12-01-2006, 12:32 AM
spank61

i have a hawk pro, put a os37 in, but when it would first start to lift off it would get up about 4 feet and then come down, i thought it just had to be broken in more, then i thought it was just too rich because after it would sit back down,the idle would raise back up and would take off again but same thing, i've been into this hobby for about a year, faceplanted my raptor twice in spectacular fashion so i did not want to crash the hawk, busted out the futaba manual again, and the next time i went out, same thing again,but when it was on the ground, light on the skids, i went into throttle curve mode, went to the 50% screen, increased it to 65%, the difference between night and day, i mean it raised right up effortlessly, i think i backed it off a couple of points since then, but everything else in the radio is factory set, the 401 set to 60%,revo inh , and it's solid as a rock