Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

Century Predator clutch Problem ?

Community
Search
Notices

Century Predator clutch Problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 10:46 AM
giavonnie
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Century Predator clutch Problem ?

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me I have a Century Predator with a Zenoah G231 engine all stock and I was flying last weekend and it started to lose alt. so I gave it more gas and kept coming down. I was able to safely land and after taking 5 I looked at the heli and all appeared OK but when I started it back up the engine would just rev. and bladed would hardly move. I did have two bad previous starts and smelled the clutch burning so I think it might be a clutch issue. My questions are what is wrong and if it is the clutch how do you replace it ( Please be detailed ) and if I do replace it what clutch should I use the stock one or go with a heavy duty one because I want to use this copter for my AP carrying about 6 pounds.

Thanks in advance - G [8D]
Old 12-29-2006, 11:07 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Century Predator clutch Problem ?

Go with the new HD one. I have to replace mine too. []
Old 12-29-2006, 01:09 PM
N11634

You need to pull the top frame off, this will bring the clutch bell with it. Then you can inspect the shoes on the engine and the bell to see which one caused the problem. Probably the liner inside the bell. Once you've got the top frame off, it's not terribly hard to upgrade to the HD clutch. It's a matter of pulling off the shoes and replacing the bell and bearing block for the HD setup, then re-checking your gear mesh. I don't know how many hours you had on the clutch, but if it's relatively new, I'd make sure you're spooling it up nice and slow and don't have some resistance in the rotor or tail drive to cause it to wear out so fast.
Good Luck
Old 12-29-2006, 05:07 PM
giavonnie
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks N11634 I appreciate the tips.

Thanks -G
Old 12-29-2006, 06:38 PM
N11634

No problem! Always glad to help.