Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

ALUMINUM TURBO COOLING FAN Install ?

Community
Search
Notices

ALUMINUM TURBO COOLING FAN Install ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 08:22 PM
bshaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALUMINUM TURBO COOLING FAN Install ?

This may be a dumb question, but here goes. I'm installing a ALUMINUM TURBO COOLING FAN in my Hawk Pro. The fan has two parts, I know when I install the fined part with a washer, nut and blue locktite.

When I screw the other part into that part how tite do I need to go and do I need to use locktite on it also ? I don't think so ?

Thanks
Bob
Old 01-31-2007, 09:02 AM
hvac
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: ALUMINUM TURBO COOLING FAN Install ?

i had one on my new hawk pro. i dont think loctite is necessary. the top piece is a reverse thread with a one way bearing so when you are starting the motor it only turns in the direction that tightens it. however mine came apart after only a short while. the top plate seperated from the hub that carries the oneway bearing. nothing came unscrewed, the four spokes that attach the top plate to the hub actually broke. I ended up just breaking that top spoke like plate off and just screwed the hub alone back onto the bottom piece. that worked ok, but just this last weekend the oneway bearing self destructed. this may have been my fault because i think i when i was trying to tighten that top half orignally i used those spokes on the top half to tighten it. i banged on them with a screwdriver and probably broke them loose.
so to address your original question, i would not use loctite and wrap something around the hub and use pliers to get it tight.
i really liked the fan because its much quieter and worked great. my fault for the failure, i think.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 PM
bshaf

Default RE: ALUMINUM TURBO COOLING FAN Install ?

Thank you for you info. I put together without locktite. Will give it a try if the rain ever stops.
I really need to get some airtime in.

Bob