Notices

Falcon 3d

Old 04-07-2007, 10:55 PM
alecat88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon 3d

First time flying it and of course I broke a blade can anyone recommoned a quality replacement set of blades.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:11 PM
syclic

Default RE: Falcon 3d

To keep it all clear, what Falcon 3D - the great 50 sized nitro one from Century or the small electric one from somewhere in Asia?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:24 PM
alecat88

small eletric one from asia
Old 04-09-2007, 12:44 PM
syclic

Sorry, but that is a very different heli from the 50 size nitro that Century used to make. Sorta like the difference between a go-cart and a real car.

For any info on your heli, I would suggest that you go to the electric heli forums.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:40 PM
The Yank
My Feedback: (1)

When I got my Falcon the store owner said I could use 315 PRO Rotor Blade--#HS1159T-1 sold at Hobby Town USA by a company :www.align.com.tw
made in Taiwan . I've got mine off ground with no problems like I had with a Hummingbird (alot of $ wasted on that one / with upgrades thinking it would help . No luck )[>:]
Old 05-08-2007, 07:35 AM
flyrpb
My Feedback: (7)

I own a falcon se with a os 32 sx heli engine . I purchased the crash kit from tower for the falcon/hawk se III and I am unsure if the rotor blades are the right ones . What problems will I encounter if the blades are to long . Will the heli do something stupid on the ground . I am a newbie to helis and this may seem like a unintelligent question but nevertheless I'm going to ask >??? I haven't been able to find much on this heli .No discussions or anything ??? Is this a poor choice or a bad heli to start with ?? Any links to info wuold be appreciated . Thanks [email protected]
Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM
The Yank
My Feedback: (1)

Rick :
I too am new to heli's and the only 2 I have tryied is the Hummingbird & the elect. Falcon3d . So I can't help you about the blades . Like I said , I'm new also & could use help on heli's .
I've been flying nitro & gas planes for @25 yrs.
So good luck on your blade selection .
John
Old 05-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

It the are between 550-570 than you are find.

30 size blades
550mm
560mm
570mm

50 size blades
600mm
610mm
620mm
Old 05-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Dzaken2800

ORIGINAL: alecat88

First time flying it and of course I broke a blade can anyone recommoned a quality replacement set of blades.
Hi alecat88,
You can get spare parts and blades for the Falcon 3D at Hobby-Lobby. Here is a link to it: http://www.hobby-lobby.com/falconparts.htm
You can also get Carbon Fiber Blades for the Falcon 3D at Hobby-Lobby. Here is a link to it: http://www.hobby-lobby.com/falcon-upgrade.htm
Old 05-20-2007, 03:34 AM
ericjames1967

i notice that hobby lobby is mentioned alot on here. is that really the best source to buy from? we dont have any of them here. but i found them on the internet but the shipping costs add alot.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:53 PM
syclic

flyrpb,

If you read this thread closely, you will note that there are TWO DIFFERENT "Falcon" helicopters in question.

1 - The initial question should not have been in here in the "Century" forum because it seems the one alecat88 is asking about is a small electric one (325mm blades or so) that is sold by Hobby Lobby. I do not know who manufactures it.

2 - The one Century manufactured, is a very much larger nitro-engine powered heli that uses 600 to 620mm blades.

I understand Century had 3 versions of the Falcon over the past 10 years or s (Falcon 46, Falcon III and Falcon SE), and discontinued it a year or so ago, only continuing in the 50 class with their Raven 50, which is the eCCPM version of the Falcon SE. I have owned a number of the Falcon SE's. My last one had over 400 flights when I sold it a few years ago and the club mate who bought it has added another 200 or so.

It is a very good heli, but as eCCPM became more popular, I believe the Raven began to outsell the Falcon by such a great margin that when they sold out, they just dicontinued it. Because it is basically a mechanical CCPM version (mCCPM) of the Raven, all parts are still readily available.

You will find a lot of people with them in various forums on Century helicopters on the net:

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/f48p1/

http://www.rotorworks.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17

http://www.helifreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=38782

Albert
Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 AM
flyrpb
My Feedback: (7)

Thank you syclic , Mine is indeed the Century Falcon SE . I had to purchase a canopy mounting kit for a hawk to get one for the copter . Do you know which parts will fit the SE .Are the Hawk parts a suitable match or do I need to upgrade the flight parts in the event of a crash ? Thanks for the links to the threads for info . Thank you , flyrpb
Old 06-27-2007, 12:24 PM
eeeclaire69

The falcon 3D mini electric heli is the same as the Mini Pred 3d made by Century!(as far as i am aware) This may be the cause of the confusion?