Falcons & Ravens @ Rick's FF

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 05:29 AM
Lift
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcons & Ravens @ Rick's FF

Guys & Gals,
Got a chance to sneak away on Saturday to go down to Corpus Christi and visit Ron, Nathan, and the gang for their annual FF. The clouds cleared off and it turned out to be a nice day!

While I was there a guy asked me if I was "Lift" on RunRyder and I said yeah. He introduced himself and said, "hi, I'm SteveH". Wouldn't you know it, a Century pilot down here other than myself!

So, here are a couple of pics of Chris Meyers, Steve H, and myself(L to R). Chris and I are holding Raven 50s and the other two helis are Falcon SEs.

Chris is a newcomer to helis and is a pattern airplane pilot. He has really picked it up quick. He has full nose-in authority and is upstairs flying around after only 2 months!
Old 02-19-2003, 05:51 AM
ThBrtmn

Hey Payton,
whats that blue thing at the beginning of your muffler?
Old 02-19-2003, 04:01 PM
Lift
My Feedback: (1)

Bart,
That is a Curtis Youngblood "Muscle Pipe"(MP) and the blue thing is the pipe coupler. It is a silicone tube that connects the pipe to the header that bolts onto the engine.

You set the distance between the pipe and header to "tune" the operating speed of the engine. When set correctly, a tuned pipe acts like a governor in controlling headspeed. They are tricky to learn but the benefits are VERY nice.

I just recently went back to the MP after running a muffler all last year.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:49 PM
ThBrtmn

Thanks,
Learn something new every day.