Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Century - Predator, Hawk IV, Falcon, Raven
Reload this Page >

New to nitro, just got a hawk sport

Notices

New to nitro, just got a hawk sport

Old 07-21-2007, 05:12 PM
trab1925

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to nitro, just got a hawk sport

Hey, so I'm not new to RC by any means but this is my first nitro heli. I got it from the rcu classifieds and apparently it's pretty new(only a few tanks). So I've had a few blades/drangon flys and I'm really excited. I've heared nothing but great things about this heli for begginers. What kind of a starter do I need and what Tx would you recomend for helis? I have a futaba T6XAs and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go over so well with a heli am I wrong?

I'm not sure if it will come with a manual but I need some suggestions for starting up and lifting off. I set the throttle trim all the way down on start up right? Then put it about half way when I'm ready for take off. Or is this only with electrics? Obviously I have no idea abotu nitros so just fill me in. I'll have some help at the field but I'm pretty confident with my heli flying to start off.

Oh and what blades/nitro would you suggest for an O.S. 32? I have no idea what kind of ratios of fuel heli engines need. Thanks, Tom
Old 07-21-2007, 05:36 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 248 Likes on 200 Posts
Default RE: New to nitro, just got a hawk sport

550 mm blades 15 percent fuel will be fine, need something with 18 percent oil.

I'm not sure if the 6xa has heli programming. If you like Futaba the 7c or the Spectrum DX7 are good choices, the 9c is better.

With a nitro engine it should idle at 1/2 throttle trim. To engage the blades you just advance the throttle, full back throttle trim should cut the engine.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:26 PM
trab1925

Alright and I never did use the inverted 3D stuff on the blade pro but how does that work? Oh and the T6XA is the "super" so I'm not 100% sure what is different about it than the regular one I'll look around. So the option to set neutral is at half throttle with that option right? It's called,"idle up," if I remember correctly, I'm not sure didn't pay attention to it. The hawk sport does have inverted right? Or do you just throttle down on rolls/flips? Thanks again, I'm really excited.

Oh and I might be moving to Boulder in the next few months so I went to the field tonight but no one was there. I have no idea how many of you Colorado guys are on here but I've seen some around.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:28 PM
trab1925

Alright, cool my radio does support "standard helis."