Notices

Thinking of getting a Raven

Old 01-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Elgreco3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting a Raven

Well I have a Funkey Hugues 500 50 size and I was going to use my Trex 600e for it but changed my mind, prefer to keep it as is for more aggressive flying eventually. And also to avoid having to change batteries.

So I was looking to get a nitro to fit in it (although I would really prefer electric, but can't afford another Trex ) and instead of a Hirobo (this thing costs a lot to waist in a fuselage for only mild flying ) I thought of the Raven which has good reviews and people stand by it.

What do you guys think ?

I mean, the kit, Hyper 50, Carbor fiber blades and muffler cost under 500 !!

Would have to change the muffler to the scale one they have, but hey...
Old 01-16-2008, 06:06 PM
syclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of getting a Raven

I love mine - there are about 10 in this area and all seem to love them....After flying it you may well decide to put your electric 600 in the fuselage and keep the Raven for 3D.

I would first fly it with the C/F & F/G composite blades (NOT WOODIES) that come stock in the kit. They are not quite in the leage of my favorite Rotor Tech's, but they are better then most other sport composites.