Notices

CN2220A where to get one??

Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CN2220A where to get one??

Trying to find this upgrade part for my Hawk pro. Anyone use it or know where to get one? Already checked Heli World.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:34 PM
syclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CN2220A where to get one??

I can't even find it on the Century site??? What is it???
Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 AM
chris6414

I found it on Heli world but it says discontinued. It is a main shaft thrust bearing upgrade and it is also in the manual for my Hawk Sport. I just replaced my main bearing and now she is flying great but it is the bearing with the most load on it. The thrust bearing, just like in grips, takes the vertical load off the radial top main shaft bearing. Radials are not really designed for this kind of load which is why I think they came out with it. Apparently it never took off. I still would like to find one, as I plan to keep my Hawk forever and the top main bearing is a bear to replace due to having to crack the frame to get it out. Ibought a second hand Hawk whose top bearing was worn out.

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=3382

http://www.centuryheli.com/support/m...f?currentid=48
Old 07-29-2008, 06:10 PM
syclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mainshaft thrust bearings are of not much consequence on helis in the 30 to 50 class range, as the specs of these radial bearings are such that they can easily handle the weights and g-forces of these smaller and lighter helis. They are of more consequence on the much heavier 90 and gasser sized helis.

I have, and have had over the years, a number of 30 and 50 sized helis, and their initial mainshaft bearings all lasted well over 400, rather demanding, 3D flights. What usually will damage these bearings is NOT the in flight thrust loads, but the extreme side forces they have to deal with in a crash, when the mainblades make contact with terra firma....specially if under full power, as opposed to in an auto.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:40 PM
chris6414

Thanks syclic, I figured that is what happened to mine. Tha main was really warped when I got it as was the swash. That is good to know, as 400 flights will take some time to accumulate.