Notices

Predator Gaser

Old 08-03-2008, 03:02 AM
swashdrive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Gaser

Gday Guys

I'm new to Helis, but have been flyin a trex for a yr or so and desided to step up to a big century gaser.
I have been runnin gas boat for the last ten yrs and building 1/4 scale jetboats just as long, and so have a heap of g23 &g260 lying around, just neede to get a heli jug and the motor was sorted.
Question
Would a Speckrum DX6i be aduiquite for this large bird or am i go game and liable to end in dissaster ?
What i would like is if some of you guys could post some pics of how you have all the electric's setup up in the predators and particularly were the gyro is mounted ? and any relavent info on setup to help.
Kindest regards
Craig
Old 08-03-2008, 06:48 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 247 Likes on 199 Posts
Default RE: Predator Gaser

The radio is fine if you dont want to run a governor and you use it with a 6200 reciever.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
tkn0spdr
My Feedback: (8)

Right, most people like to have a minimum of 7 channels for their wet fuel helicopters.

Throttle
Pitch
Gyro
Rudder
Aileron
Elevator
Governor

Thanks,
David
Old 10-17-2008, 04:08 AM
truemax

I think the channel for gyro is not really needed. If I am not mistaken it is just to change from Heading Hold and Rate mode, where by all time we just leave it at Heading hold mode.

I'm currently flying Nitro Raven 50 without the governance.. it does fly but I think not in the optimum way. Not sure if gassers are similar though.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:43 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 247 Likes on 199 Posts

Depends on the gyro. The 401 and most of them that have the gain wire, require it to be connected or they wont initialize properly.