Notices

engine stall OSHyper50

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Airman 01
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine stall OSHyper50

I have a os hyper 50 engine, during flight vent pressure tubing broke, ever since it stalls out about 50 percent above half stick. I have replace the rubber stop , both vent tubing replace plug , fuel lines. It idles great' transition though half stick is great it's just in the high rpm range above half that it just dies. any ideas any one , I would greatly appreciate it thanks airman 01
Old 07-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Airman 01

Default RE: engine stall OSHyper50

Hello' my fellow RC'ers found my problem -I believe it's call cracked engine caseing, causeing
decompression on the high end. Well just a learning curve just part of the hobby right!. I'll just rebuild it-You really pay to play don't ya. Thanks for all the help.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:51 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

A cracked crank case? Other than a crash I don't believe I've ever seen that.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Airman 01

well' my friend' there's a first for everything. I'm getting a second opinion by a flying buddy of mine that has more experience in these matters than I. I'll keep you posted on the out come I hope not , that would save me some money. Thanks Airman01
Old 08-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Furious Predator

I have seen that happen, only once though. the cause was the pilot was trying to max out the engine power. which meant he was running very lean, and for a very long time.

I have pics of it somewhere. The entire upper portion of the engine came off completely...the pilot was able to land ok, it was still running (dont know how) when he landed. it was just running like crap. the motor just fell apart when he pulled it out.