Notices

Hawk Pro 30 kit question

Old 09-11-2009, 12:39 AM
snowboarder6009
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk Pro 30 kit question

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=LZ0254**

Hey everyone I've been looking at 30 size heli's and have read some very good things about the Hawk. I've also read very good things about towerhobbies. From what I have been able to tell all the parts in the kit above are good quality parts. I am very new(only have a mCX) so am I overlooking some poor quality part in the kit. Also is the kit missing anything?

Also would the DX7 be worth spending the extra money over the Futaba 6EXP?

Thank you
Old 09-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Jay Jay Johnson
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hawk Pro 30 kit question

Hi, I have had a hawk pro for about 2 years now. So far it has been trouble free. One of the most stable nitro helis I have ever seen. Also I bought it from tower, along with many other items. I can say nothing but good things about them also. As for radios, I have the dx6i which I like better than the 7. The menu is easier to navigate.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:53 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hawk Pro 30 kit question

I bought my Hawk Pro from my local hobby shop when they were first offered a number of years ago. It now has over 550 3D flights on it and all has been very good with it.

I have it configured with the same S-3151 servos offered in that package, but with the GY-401 gyro with its S9254 servo. note that you need 5 servos for a heli and that package only comes with 4, so you will have to buy another servo to go with your GY-240.

Later when you progress into harder flying, you may want to go to the CN3049 hi-output muffler from Century. I found this muffler really gets a lot more power from the OS-37 and is a lot quieter then the muffler supplied in the kit.

I have been flying these things for may years and have and have had many helis. I use the Hawk Pro to practice new stuff and IMHO it is the best 30 nitro out there. Of course the better the radio the more versatile relative to various set-ups that you can want.

If you ever plan to go with a governor and a gyro like the 401 that allows sensitivity adjustments from the TX software, you will want a radio that has at least 7 channels and more powerful software inside. e.g. like the Futaba 7C or 10C. So if you have the budget for it now, go with one of these.

But the 6EXH and a GY240 coupled with a fast digital servo will take you well into some pretty demanding flight maneuvers.