Notices

Century scale body

Old 05-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Airman 01
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Century scale body

I have a century scale 109 body, I would like to change the machanic to electric 'but not with a century swift or 550 system. Does anyone have any Idea of what heli machanics would do the job.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:50 PM
rotordoc1

Default RE: Century scale body

Why not with the Swift? Mine flies very well with the Swift on 5S/5000's. Set for a nice scale type of rotor speed (1650), I get about 8 minutes per flight with good safety margins.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Airman 01

That's good because I have the old hawk machanic's with the os.37 and man' they must have sliped one in on me, because my rotor head is not as tight as I would like it . My venture flies alot better. The ball, links are not dependable , that muffler is a lawnmower. How's the head system on the 550 ? Any kind of excessive play in the seasaw, swashplate assembly? Thanks because I would like to make use of the body. thanks Airman
Old 05-15-2010, 12:50 AM
rotor09

ORIGINAL: Airman 01

That's good because I have the old hawk machanic's
When youy say "old Hawk", what version is it. Even my older Hawk Sport flew better then my Venture 30.

Man, and my newer Hawk Pro, even after 300 flights still flew better.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Airman 01

Meaning it's pretty much the same old head system, old heavy frame A friend has been in the hobby for years , He gave his away he had it for 8-10 yrs. He did'nt even bother to fly it any more. It's good for a beginner'but I just want a better precision machine with newer lighter comosit frame with all metal parts that I won't have to replace every other flight. Man' I just put many, many man hours into this machine and I'm just disappointed
It looks great ''but it does'nt fly , is not as stable as I would like. That is for a scale, there is the cleaning of fuel residue. I'm just ready to leave the old concept for the new. Thanks my friend I will look at the 550 and get a new design .
Old 05-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Airman 01

Hi Rotor9
I'm going to play it safe am going with the 550. Tell me what motor,esc, pinion would you recommend useing, can I get the scale wood base for the machanic's or would I need to build them myself. I'm working from scatch here and your my pointman. I would appreciate your input . Airman 01
Old 05-16-2010, 01:38 AM
rotor09

Meaning it's pretty much the same old head system, old heavy frame A friend has been in the hobby for years , He gave his away he had it for 8-10 yrs. He did'nt even bother to fly it any more. It's good for a beginner'but I just want a better precision machine with newer lighter comosit frame with all metal parts that I won't have to replace every other flight. Man' I just put many, many man hours into this machine and I'm just disappointed
It looks great ''but it does'nt fly , is not as stable as I would like. That is for a scale, there is the cleaning of fuel residue. I'm just ready to leave the old concept for the new. Thanks my friend I will look at the 550 and get a new design .
Hmmmm...not stable??? My Hawk Pro hovers hands off and just drifts with the wind right side up or inverted!! And with the OS37, it is a surprising 3D performer. As for weight, it is the lightest 30 I have ever owned (MinAir X-Cell 30, Kalt Enforcer, TT Raptor 30, TSK 30, Sceado 30, Ergo and Venture 30).

The current Hawk Pro is a far cry from the older ones that preceded it just 8 or 10 years ago. Just as a 2002 Honda Civic is a much different car then the 2010 Honda Civic, so is it with a 2010 Hawk Pro, compared to the 2002 Hawk IV or Sport.

So again, what version do you have??
Old 05-16-2010, 01:41 AM
rotor09

Meaning it's pretty much the same old head system, ....
Have you noticed that all the newer heli designs (Hirobo, JR Vibes, RJX, Outrage etc.) are now all using that same head system, with the bell hiller mixer on tha main blade grips instead of the seesaw and with leading edge control??
Old 05-16-2010, 01:44 AM
rotor09

Hi Rotor9
I'm going to play it safe am going with the 550. Tell me what motor,esc, pinion would you recommend useing, can I get the scale wood base for the machanic's or would I need to build them myself. I'm working from scatch here and your my pointman. I would appreciate your input . Airman 01
I don't think you can get the wood base they use in their A109 fuselage that is specially configured for the Swift, but it should not be too difficult to build your own wood base mount for mounting into the fuselage you have.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Airman 01

I order mine from century I know they had'nt change the manual because some setup spec's were not adding up so I call their tec dept they told me That I could'nt go by their manual because they never change it jus reprinted it. I flew Jr, kyosho before all was ccpm. They (century) replace so many parts for a new kit you would not believe not because of me but defect the bag looked as thoug hit had been in the warehouse awhile . The manual is the 2008 edition so am assuming that the prohawk I have is too. I order the machanic with the body but two separate packages . I had the wrong tail wire,few parts they had to send me a second time. But I beleive the problem started in the warhouse. The Nitro machanics is a tight fit. All work , no second chances if you do it wrong, just pull it out ,do it again. I should have gotten the swift to start. I wish I could get a T-rex setup that would fit but I can't. The swift is made for it and thats the way I'll go. All the guy that I know are fly the big T-R . Thanks man' it flys great' but in the scale it just fell short , Ill' keep you abreast on the swift replacment. Airman01
Old 05-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Airman 01

What up my friend rotor09 ' I decided to go with the AERODYNE SEAHAWK 600 They have some very nice Agusta 109 scale body's with t-rex machanics. I let you know how things are going will order soon. Airman 01