Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Aluminum version of the Speed 13's flying off the shelfs

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Aluminum version of the Speed 13's flying off the shelfs

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 06:04 AM
times2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum version of the Speed 13's flying off the shelfs

I've talked to two dealers, and my local hobby shop. They say the sales of the Speed 13's is reinvigorating the industry. Guys are putting these things in planes, other than patter planes. Yes I know...some of us feel like the only planes are those with long tails, but there are actually other types of planes out there. Anyways, just wanted to take a second to thank Leo and Allen at Planethobby for putting this engine on the market. They tell me that this engine has become their largest selling engine. I'm not surprised, with the cost under 200.
I also understand there is now another round of changes making it's way thru R&D. More power!!!??!

www.klasskotemo.com/NovaRossi%20Engines.htm
Old 07-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Huang
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Aluminum version of the Speed 13's flying off the shelfs

What are the new changes underway?
Old 07-24-2013, 05:34 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The problem for me is I already own too many pattern engines. Many YS's, OS's, OPS's, a Rossi here and Webra there. Maybe I cleared out everybody's inventory and gave them cash to spend on the Novarossis.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Huang

lol!!!

The problem with rear exhaust engines is you collect a lot more engines than you ever have airframes to put them on. Easy to buy an engine, hard to find and build the airframe.

The good thing about the NR is no more sitting in front of ebay everyday. I sat in front of eBay for a good many years to build up the YS supply... now we have the Classic, this isn't an issue anymore either.

So what are the new changes coming for the NR?

Old 07-24-2013, 07:05 PM
roncoleman
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leo, Buddy, or Allen, can one of you confirm Times2 statement "I also understand there is now another round of changes making its way thru R&D."?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:55 PM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Guy's
If it gets any better than it is right now I don't know if I could stand it !! I'm flying a Speed R61 in a Tipo (Black Block) and a R60F Side Ex in a Dirty Birdy !! All I can say is both of these engines Run as good as any I have ever ran in a Pattern airplane.
They start, Idle, and Mid range to wide open throttle is as good as you could ask for !! I'm running both on 10% Fuel using the same plug that came with the motors. The R60F has a 11X7 Zinger and the Speed is running a 11X71/4 Rev up ! I can't tell you how well both of them have performed out of the box with very little adjustment to the carb... Just talked with Buddy @ SMT and He told me He has every Aircraft motor NovaRossi makes, in stock and ready to ship !!

Dave..
Old 07-24-2013, 08:35 PM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well lets see rear exhaust airframes,  EU1A, Bootlegger, Atlanta, LA1, Tiger Tail III, Aurora, Miss Beetle, Conquest IV,  Exception, Illusion,and the  Arrow are all rear exhaust planes that I make now.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Huang

Just one of each and I'll have enough... no maybe one more

What I meant was it's easier to buy an engine than to finish an airframe and get it flying. I have a lot more engines in boxes than in planes!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:02 AM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's for sure, I must half a dozen planes in progress. There's never enough time is there?
Old 07-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Huang

We are in good times with your offerings Don!

I'm sure we'll see them coming up everywhere now as people get them built and setup. And they will perform better than ever with the more powerful engines.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:22 PM
alcarafa

A freind is offering me a WEBRA .61 black head in excellent conditions (almost new) in $ 70 dlls.
Would like to hear your opinion about the engine, have the intention to build a TIPO and use this engine I mention.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alcarafa
A freind is offering me a WEBRA .61 black head in excellent conditions (almost new) in $ 70 dlls.
Would like to hear your opinion about the engine, have the intention to build a TIPO and use this engine I mention.
That was a good engine back in it's day.....like mid 70's.....I had one and it ran well.

WEBRA is out of business so parts could be a problem in the near future if not already....especially for an engine this old.
I think you would be better off getting a NovaRossi.
Klass Kote

Leo will take good care of you.....his customer service cannot be beat.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:55 AM
alcarafa

Thanks for your reply Dave, that engine im talking about is kind a memorabilia one
Tought could be a good idea to use it on a tipo.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 AM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rafa,

if you're going to use it on a T720, I'd suggest you use the short stroke version. The SS had a solid black head while the LS had a silver band around the black head. Otherwise, externally they look the same.

David